Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-08-2007, 04:15 PM

crystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proudcrystalspete is south London and proud
Fortress Selhurst

Well what does that mean after today?

Insipid, lacklustre, boring and they are the good points.

What were the substitutions all about, bring on another big centre forward and take off the delivery personnell.

I know it was point, but at the end of the season these are the games you have to have won
Old 18-08-2007, 04:22 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Christ, you got back quick !
Old 18-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I'd like to hear from someone who was there, on how we played in the first half and then what happened in the 2nd.
Old 18-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I was there.

We were (at best) fairly average in the first half. And so were they.

In the second half they owned us for the majority of the game. Clearly the half-time talk did the trick for them. Their first goal was maybe unlucky for us ; a retaken corner (does anyone know why it was retaken?), but their second goal was coming for some time after we gave up on the midfield.

Not a heartening start to the season.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 18-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
I was there.

In the second half they owned us for the majority of the game. Clearly the half-time talk did the trick for them. Their first goal was maybe unlucky for us ; a retaken corner (does anyone know why it was retaken?), but their second goal was coming for some time after we gave up on the midfield.

Cheers Bill,

I'm all of a sudden not looking forward to my return to Selhurst, if we're going to continue the crap of last season.

You must live really close !!
Old 18-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Danger Zone

Maz is on BBC 1
Old 18-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
I was there.

Thanks Maz

After hearing the after match report on Five Live , they just commented on how poor Leicester were, without any mention to how Palace played at all.

If we lost it in midfield then tha doesn't bode well for the current players playing in that.

Not being able to make it today, i think Green has looked ok when i have seen him, and if Watson can carry on his pre season form when he returns and Iffil, Fletcher and possibly Hughes hit the ground running when they return it doesn't look like the current crop have stake a good claim for their positions to be permanent.
Old 18-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
I think the corner was retaken because there was still a physio person on the pitch. Shame because Speroni caught the first one well
Old 18-08-2007, 04:50 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
the corner was retaken because their player who got the head injury had come back on the pitch

the ref was a pain all day long

I understand kennedy going off - he'd run out of gas completely - but not green!!?! and with scowcroft and kuqi why not have martin as dougie was prety ineffectual from the left wing

I really dont understand taylors tactics

Steve Jobs
Old 18-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Now I have calmed down and reflected it wasn't too bad not considering who we were missing today factor in Watson, Fletcher, Moses and Ifill to come back and Hughes.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Now I have calmed down and reflected it wasn't too bad not considering who we were missing today factor in Watson, Fletcher, Moses and Ifill to come back and Hughes.
Exactly my feelings

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 18-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Or even my feelings exactly!

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 18-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Lost in the Pine Barrens

Paulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We totally by-passed midfield today. Not suprsing when our whole first choice midfield where out. Yes it was a shit performance but we got a point and next week Ifill, Fletcher and Hughes will be back.

Last edited by Paulie Walnuts; 18-08-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Palaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Both sides werent very good in the first half, we were worse in my opinion. At least Leicester attempted to play football, our style of play throughout most of the game was absolutely shocking, i know we were very very short on influential midfield players, but it wasent pretty at all.

Ifill's return is very important in my opinion and so is Hughes's im desperate to see the guy play, never seen him play and out and out winger is exactly what we need. I felt sorry for Green really, it was hard for him on the left side, he couldnt get down the line and put crosses in, as he always came inside to use his right foot, but really he did play ok, didnt really have much service.

One big complaint i have is the second half substitutions. Absolutely appauling tactically! Why take off Green and Kennedy who are the only two players we had on the pitch with a bit of technical ability, and have great set piece delivery, the both of them and put on Freedman and Kuqi. Ok yes Dougie does have technical ability, but he doesnt have the set piece quality and is not a midfield player.

The Ipswich game should very interesting viewing, to see how we play, because we wont reach the playoffs if we play like that all season.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:28 PM

Twin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We would have lost that game last season.

Leicester bossed the majority of the game but we battled away and missed a couple of good chances.
Fantastic move, the best for a long while was nearly finished by Lawrence.
Selhurst was no Fortress today but we showed that away teams are not going to find it so easy ths year.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Lost in the Pine Barrens

Paulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought Allen made two excellent substitutions, Hume and that tiny winger caused us a load of problems second half. Butterfirld was shocking. One positive though, I thought Kennedy had a great game! Wonders never cease!

Last edited by Paulie Walnuts; 18-08-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Crunchie

If we lost it in midfield then tha doesn't bode well for the current players playing in that.

With the four midfielders out injured at present, i don't think any of today's midfield would start.
Old 18-08-2007, 08:17 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
With four strikers and 2 midfielders on from the 2nd and 3rd substitutions we were always going to lose the midfield - dougies does his best in midfield but it really isn't him and I found it difficult to work out where the hell the others were supposed to be playing. We lost all shape cohesion and width and we were never going to score other than from a set piece or possibly a lucky long hoof from Speroni.

We are unlucky with injuries at the moment but I couldn't the rationale in taking Green off and in not putting Martin on - if we need midfielders/wingers on and he is the only midfielder/winger on the bench PT might as well not bother to put him on the bench if he is going to pass him over.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 31-12-2017, 03:31 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is getting its Mojo back.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:41 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We lost at home literally 4 days ago