Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 17-10-2007, 09:27 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoons
Just been out again. 6km including a few hills in 36 minutes. Bang on course for 10km in 1 hour or less if the route is kind.

Felt a twinge in my calf mussel after I finished - may need to cut down on the distance for a couple of outings but bit unsure of how long/what distance to do if I am not doing stamina building.

Might try the local track which at least is flat.

Any ideas ?
If you want to do a few shorter distances then do a few pace runs or speedwork however if your aching take a rest, its far better to have days off than aggrivate a minor injury and make it much worse.
Old 17-10-2007, 11:44 AM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The ankle seems good at the moment so planning to do a gentle jog by the end of the week just to make sure it's okay. A month out has put back my marathon plans a bit, but to be honest with you I'm only going to step things up when I know I'm in. Was hoping to get up to 6 miles by then though ...

May have to venture down to my old running club to get back into the swing of things ...
Old 28-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1.36 53 for great south run. one hand im pleased that it is 8 mins faster than last year, but very disapointed on the time.
The last three weeks of not being able to do anything cost me (injury & illneess). At the half way mark was on for 1 26ish, then the last 2-3 miles along the seafront took it toll. not as rainy as last year but bugger me the wind. Waves coming over the seafront wall. At times I don think I was actually running, more stumbling!

Next one on a month - Gosport half marathan

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 29-10-2007, 06:39 PM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
Did Beachy Head Marathon on Saturday - very pleased as I did it in 4 hrs 33 mins - over half an hour quicker than last year. Now pretty confident I can break the 4 hour mark in a flat road marathon.

Only downside is I seemed to have picked up a bit of a chest bug as have been coughing non-stop all day today and can feel myself getting worse.
Old 30-10-2007, 05:51 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
help
i got in the flora london marathon 2008 my 1st marathon and probably last marathon been training all year done 2 charity runs a 5 and 10 k at hampton court , but at the moment have a problem with my heel ,i thought it was my achilles the doc only proscibed RICE how long should i lay off road running its throbbing at the mo and its been weeks now ,
and what can i do to keep the stamina in my legs i built up so far
Old 30-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by rhiannapaul
help
i
and what can i do to keep the stamina in my legs i built up so far
cycling (and not on the machines in a gym). non impact on knees and feet ets
Last summer and winter I went out mountain biking 1 or twice a week for a good few months, was regulraly putting in 30-40 miles rides for fun round the new forest. (couldnt run due to achilles problems for a year)
I was gobsmacked how much the cyling helped.
swimming aswell
good luck

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 31-10-2007, 01:48 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
cheers been swimming 50 lengths, about a mile, at the pool
havent got a pushbike doh
Old 31-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Keep St George

Quote:
Originally posted by rhiannapaul

havent got a pushbike doh
get one.

cant recommend it highly enough

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM

Spoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just put my entry in for the Madrid 10km run on New Years Eve. Just in time as I heard today the subscriptions are full. My aim - not to finish in place 25000.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:25 PM

New 10K PB for me yesterday. Took 2 seconds off my previous best to do 44:09 at Brighton 10K.

Had to suffer a horrible headwind for the last 3.5K so left wondering how much faster I could have been...
Old 28-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Keep St George

this seems t have slowed down this thread now the winter is with us!

ive been slack for 2 or 3 weeks since the great south, but now am back on it - 4 months of training now for the marathon

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 29-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by King William
this seems t have slowed down this thread now the winter is with us!

ive been slack for 2 or 3 weeks since the great south, but now am back on it - 4 months of training now for the marathon
We're now well into the cross-country season - time to get muddy!
Old 29-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Just got back to work and decided i need to take running back up. Will be back here later for some tips.

Are there any good websites to look at ??
Old 09-12-2007, 05:29 PM

Very quiet here now.

Last race of the year for me - Mince Pie 10 Mile - a very muddy and hilly route around Peacehaven, Telscombe and Saltdean.
The weather was atrocious at one point (horizontal hail right in the face) but somehow managed to knock about 2 and a half minutes off last years time for a new PB of 1.20:53
I have yet to do a regular flat 10 miler on the road so keen to see how much better I could do without all the muddy puddles to splash through.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Keep St George

Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69

Are there any good websites to look at ??
specifically for what?

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Just got back to work and decided i need to take running back up. Will be back here later for some tips.

Is your office on Bishopsgate?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Keep St George

going to follow the lucozade 16 week marathon training prgramme starting xmas eve.

going to give this my one hundred total dedication. been trying for the marathon for 6 years for a place. dont want to have any regrets.

also signed up for the tunbridge wells half on 24/2

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 17-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by King William

also signed up for the tunbridge wells half on 24/2
Good luck. I did it a few years ago, it's really well organised, good scenic route, but boy......that hill at about 10 miles. It's about a mile long and quite steep.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes.

My club (Epsom Oddballs) have the '2000 Perch' (10k + 50 metres). On 27th Jan. One of the best pre-London 10k's around and highly recommended by all the running mags. Starts and finishes in front of the Grandstand at the racecourse.
Old 25-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Keep St George

who went out today then?!

went out yesterday and today only for 20-25 mins though.
Do feel kinda pleased though that made the effort,

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 25-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Thought about it before looking out of the window and seeing the weather - tomorrow will be a much better day for it.