Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-12-2007, 02:19 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
christmas eve 5 k boxing day 13 k
Old 27-12-2007, 09:54 AM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
you will see me on here a bit!!!!

have done the last 2 GNR (2:35 and 2:15) but pressures of a new job have stopped me going out since then....can do a 10k in 1hr (former pb 54mins) and was looking to get back in the new year;have put on a stone,which should fall of as quick as it went on!!!!

am looking forward to returning to my club STRIDERS OF CROYDON!!!!

like to do the same races as last year,but there is a couple im going to have to miss out on cos theyre coming to early for me (both in jan),however i can recomend them to you;the TADWORTH 10 (run at epsom downs and a challenging course)and the dartford 10,which if memory serves me correctly starts and finishes at dave martins old club dartford fc!!!!

to those of you runnig london;good luck with your training;i shouldnt ever do a marathon again cos i havent got the time to train properly for it!!!!
Old 27-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Spoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just collected my 'pack' for the run on new years eve. Nice Nike running shirt, a tub of sweetcorn and some anti ageing cream !!.

There was also a white plastic computer chip that will record my time - not sure if I'm supposed to swallow it, insert it or carry it. Anyone else had one of these?
Old 27-12-2007, 11:59 AM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
You thread it onto the top of your shoe through your laces. Are there not any instructions with it as there usually is with most "Championship" race packs.
Old 27-12-2007, 04:10 PM

I've been really lazy this last week - have not run since doing an interval session at Preston Park last Wednesday.

I will start putting that right tomorrow with a short quick paced run (35 mins max) and then a long one on Saturday (at least 90 mins). If the weather is good enough on Sunday I aim to take the bike out for a couple of hours.
Old 29-12-2007, 11:21 AM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
16 k on a bike with intervals yesterday some weights after
Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Spoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Completed my first 10k yesterday, the San Silvestre Vallencana. Great event, loads of fun. Started near the back (of 25,000) amongst the fun runners so difficult to get a decent time.

Finished in 1hour 4 mins, not bad considering I got stuck behind a swarm of bees, a flock of penguins and the Pope.......in his pope mobil.

Looking forward to doing another one to break the hour barrier.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been out 4 or 5 times over the Xmas/ New Year period whoch im happy with. Never before would I have bothered.

Tommorrow, marathon trainging picks up!

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 01-01-2008, 11:53 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i need to lose some weight,but im hoping to do the dartford 10 on the 20th jan;i did it last eyar and just missed out on 1hr 30...unfortunatly for me the tadworht 10 has come to early,BUT i can recommend it;it is a 2 lap HILLY course over epsom downs!!! starting and finishing on the racecourse!!!!

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 01-01-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoons
Completed my first 10k yesterday, the San Silvestre Vallencana. Great event, loads of fun. Started near the back (of 25,000) amongst the fun runners so difficult to get a decent time.

Finished in 1hour 4 mins, not bad considering I got stuck behind a swarm of bees, a flock of penguins and the Pope.......in his pope mobil.

Looking forward to doing another one to break the hour barrier.

thats a GOOD time spoons;keep it up!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Premiership 2018/19

rbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Just got back to work and decided i need to take running back up. Will be back here later for some tips.

Are there any good websites to look at ??
You could take a look at To view the link you have to Register or Login

I have only just started running and it is quite helpful with training programmes etc. I am aiming at doing 10k at Phoenix Park Dublin on the 6th April and the Great North Run (13 miles) in October - this may be a bit ambitious, but I will give it a go!

Last edited by rbarmy; 24-01-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 PM

what time to do you hope to do the 10k in?

i have doen the last 2 GNR races;i found the course tougher than it looks;or was it just me??

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 03-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Back on the track for an interval session last night:
3 x 300m with 100m jog recovery
3 x 400m with 1 minute jog recovery
1 x 600m with 200m jog recovery
3 x 400m as above
3 x 300m as above

5k of hard running - entire set took just over 32 minutes.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just seen this thread. There were a few CP lads doing the Croydon 10k in our Centenary year so may have seen some of you there!

I am currently training for the Wokingham and Fleet half marathons and a 10 miler in Ryde on the Isle of Wight on 3 Feb.

Having gone on the wagon since New Year I am detrmined to try and beat my previous pb's of 1hr 44 for the half marathon and 1h10 for the 10 miler.But age is catching up now so will be a battle....
Old 13-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
gutted, gutted, fuming. done stubbington 10k today. 1st one since great south in October. wanted under 55mins - got 55.02. gutted

marathon traingin starting to kick in now. following lucozades 16 week prgramme.. ahead of schedule so far but the next 3 to 4 weeks it rreally ramps up

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 18-01-2008, 01:45 PM

I started my IM training on Tuesday with a 2.7km swim in the morning and a bike turbo session in the evening.
Ran twice on Wednesday (interval session then easy 30 mins).
Swam again yesterday morning (3.1km) but ducked out of an hours run in the evening as too tired.
Got another swim tonight after work (3.5km this time).

First race of the year is the Frosty Aquathlon on 2nd March - 800m swim followed by 10k run.
Old 20-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Keep St George

i salute you for doing an iron man. theres a dualathlon in beaulie each year.

LM training going well, touch wood.

next few weeks the miles really step up though.
Done 7 yesterday. first bit of "hill" running for ages. catherham barracks, down along coulsdon road & stoates nest, then along brighton rd, up first part of old lodge lane, then up hartley rd/hill to pick up coulsdon road again. surprising how much of an incline that is. hamstrings were done in almost immediatly.
done it in 1hr 4. Going to try and get that down to under an hour.

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 24-01-2008, 09:44 PM

thats one thing ive always wanted to try;some sort of triathlon or biathlon;my problem is i havenmt got the time to train for it!!!!
Old 24-01-2008, 09:45 PM

i went out for a club run on wed night;did about 40 mins,and had no reaction afterwards...
am looking to do the sidcup 10 early feb;i did it last year in 1hr 30

i have looked up all last years times and plan to enter most of them again this year....
Old 24-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Premiership 2018/19

rbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally posted by King William
gutted, gutted, fuming. done stubbington 10k today. 1st one since great south in October. wanted under 55mins - got 55.02. gutted

marathon traingin starting to kick in now. following lucozades 16 week prgramme.. ahead of schedule so far but the next 3 to 4 weeks it rreally ramps up
Sounds pretty good to me, but I can see your point!

I am in for the Dublin 10k in Phoenix Park on 6th April with a couple of Dub mates - this is the first race I have run in 30 years and at 50+ I am aiming for 80 to 90 minutes (and struggling!) but I did 5k in a PB 46:30 tonight after 4 weeks training