Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-10-2007, 03:33 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
National 'Safe Standing' discussion

Yes I know that this is the wrong forum.... but seeing as the subject is close to so many peoples hearts I wanted to maximise the exposure by using GPD

Sky news have been dedicating a very significant amount of time to the subject today in what can only be seen as very positive publicity. They are reading out emails from fans and plan to cover the subject tomorrow as well. I urge anyone who is interested to send them your views on this link

mailto:u2us@skysports.com

Come on people; if Sky are worried by the lack of noise in our stadiums , enough to make airtime for this 'special report' things surely have to change eventually.
Old 15-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Oh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Great news. I really do hope we get standing back to football and I think we will eventually.

I must admit I am suprised and inpressed that sky have done this.
Old 15-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Standing is gone, it will never come back.

IMHO.
Old 15-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Palacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If the Germans can do safe standing areas then surely we can also seeing as we have improoved out stadiums just aswell as them in the past 20 or so years.
Old 15-10-2007, 07:35 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by 9Freedman9

IMHO.
I very much think you are wrong my friend

The worm is turning; media coverage in the last two months have included two of the Sunday broadsheets and now even Sky - the majority of it very positive.

People are finally getting their heads around all the safety nonsense that has been spouted in the past 15 years and are noticing how quiet our stadiums are, especially at the new Wembley which should be the pride of the FA and indeed the country

IMHO I am extremely confident we will get permission for seated areas with barriers on each row within the next five years, which is a compromise that will just about suit everyone. Not all stadiums will be suitable but I'm sure that the Holmesdale will be relatively straight forward to alter.

If we can get nearly 5,000 lower holmesdale fans on their feet every game who knows I might actually start to enjoy my 'Selhurst experience' again.
Old 15-10-2007, 07:43 PM

Oh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by 9Freedman9

IMHO.
Trust me it will I am sure about it.

With falling attendances not only at Selhurst but all around the country the authorities will have to bring standing back otherwise the game will come to a stand still.

As well as this they are running out of reasons not to bring standing back and can you honestly say that you do not prefer standing at games?
Old 15-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The lower holmesdale would be very expensive to convert to 'safe terracing'. It has rather a steep rake.

The Whitehorse was originally built as a terrace and therefore would be the logical candidate for conversion back to standing, simply by removing seats and reinstalling crush barriers. I think this would be the best solution.

Some of the safe standing areas in germany are a joke - I was in one at Cologne for the Sweden game at the last World Cup. All it was was barriers on the back of each row of seats. That's not a terrace IMO, just a way to make standing in seated areas safer.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-10-2007, 08:15 PM
living in a bubble

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
The lower holmesdale would be very expensive to convert to 'safe terracing'. It has rather a steep rake.

The Whitehorse was originally built as a terrace and therefore would be the logical candidate for conversion back to standing, simply by removing seats and reinstalling crush barriers. I think this would be the best solution.

Some of the safe standing areas in germany are a joke - I was in one at Cologne for the Sweden game at the last World Cup. All it was was barriers on the back of each row of seats. That's not a terrace IMO, just a way to make standing in seated areas safer.
Its not neccessarily about terracing as one percieves it though, thats the point which so many people miss ! Its about safe standing , which probably equates to the type of area that you have described in Germany.

As I said before the most we can expect is probably a compromise of sorts which will be seated areas with barriers, which is exactly why the Holmesdale will not require an expensive conversion;

I know its not ideal, but personally I'll take anything that's on offer that will give us a chance of bringing back some atmosphere to our grounds.
Old 15-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Oh south london
Trust me it will I am sure about it.

With falling attendances not only at Selhurst but all around the country the authorities will have to bring standing back otherwise the game will come to a stand still.

As well as this they are running out of reasons not to bring standing back and can you honestly say that you do not prefer standing at games?

You for one should know I prefer standing at games, seeing as I stand at pretty much every single home and away game.
Old 15-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good stuff lord flange.. We live in hope that one day we can stand side by side in either the Holmesdale, or dare i say it in the Arthur. Did you enjoy the surging at the Mondays gig the other night? That bought back some memories i can tell you....

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 15-10-2007, 09:19 PM
living in a bubble

My knees still f*cked and my ankle is swollen

Good fun though
Old 15-10-2007, 10:33 PM
H8 Brighton

Jimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Safe standing is the way forward!!!!!!!!!

JOHN BOSTOCK walks on water...everybody knows that dog shit floats!
Old 16-10-2007, 01:10 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
just seen a report on ssn about this, with some northern fans singing stand up something? monkeys.
Old 16-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Señor Member

Spanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Flange
My knees still f*cked and my ankle is swollen

Good fun though
That's because you're an old man Flange. Seriously though, I'm impressed with your persistance on this standing thing - it'll be great if some positive action eventually comes from it.

(PS I'll be back for the game before Christmas so save me a seat!)
Old 16-10-2007, 04:48 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
don't think we`ll see standing at the top level for a long time, the taylor report was devised for a reason. if there was just 1 death and the seats will be back in, as they should be. attendances in the premier league are obviously lower than the standing times but in the past 5 years the total number fo spectators watching football in the football league is actually rising and the average gates in the championship rival la liga, ligue 1 and serie a. health and safety is more important than atmosphere. having seast there and standing, is not so bad in reality as you cant really move freely between rows and crush each other. anfield never struggles to create an atmosphere, or elland road, or many other grounds. maybe its easier to blame the presence of seats for the lack of atmosphere than look at oneself and say im the reason. looking round selhurst you see people not attempting to create atmosphere anyway, even those standing in the holmesdale lower, and i doubt whether these people would change in the absence of the seating area. how about we all sing and support the team from our seats for a period and then decide if its because of the seats or the individual that thers no atmosphere, i think you`ll find its the latter

Last edited by foxinthebox; 16-10-2007 at 05:00 AM.
Old 16-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Feck me, "surging", now that was a thing, besttimes at punk concerts
Old 16-10-2007, 07:43 AM
living in a bubble

Quote:
Originally posted by foxinthebox
don't think we`ll see standing at the top level for a long time, the taylor report was devised for a reason. if there was just 1 death and the seats will be back in, as they should be. attendances in the premier league are obviously lower than the standing times but in the past 5 years the total number fo spectators watching football in the football league is actually rising and the average gates in the championship rival la liga, ligue 1 and serie a. health and safety is more important than atmosphere. having seast there and standing, is not so bad in reality as you cant really move freely between rows and crush each other. anfield never struggles to create an atmosphere, or elland road, or many other grounds. maybe its easier to blame the presence of seats for the lack of atmosphere than look at oneself and say im the reason. looking round selhurst you see people not attempting to create atmosphere anyway, even those standing in the holmesdale lower, and i doubt whether these people would change in the absence of the seating area. how about we all sing and support the team from our seats for a period and then decide if its because of the seats or the individual that thers no atmosphere, i think you`ll find its the latter
eh ?

Breathe dear chap, I cant understand what you are trying to say

Trust me you are completely wrong however....
You are part of a new generation of fans that links standing to DEATH ! Standing has never killed anyone in a football ground. Piss poor crowd management and stadium maintenance ...yes.
Old 16-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
I've been to Anfield many times and the atmosphere often sucks, standing or otherwise. Maine Road, now that had an atmosphere...Eastlands, now that doesn't and most Man City fans I've spoken to equate that with the all seater sanitisation.

I think the all sitting and attempting to create an atmosphere argument went out when all seater stadiums were introduced and everyone tried just that, it didn't work.

On a different note, I think you're right that standing in the premiere league is along way off whatever happens.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 16-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
Excuses excuses excuses.

For years we heard the lack of atmosphere at Selhurst was due to no roof on the Holmesdale.

Now its because we are all seating.

Has anybody thought that it may be due to

1. the middle calls family type of fans we are
2. The shyte football we play?

Let's face it, we all look at misty eyed at the atmosphere of terracing but who else rememers the days of standing on a freezing Holmesdale with crowds of 6,500? Even in the Old First Division in the early '90s a crowd over 20,000 was something of an achievement.

And the reality, of course was that big noise came with big games just like it has done with seating; see Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Man Utd, Norwich two years ago, see Sunderland the season before that.

Even in the big new stadia, when the games are good (eg man U in Europe) the atmosphere is good. At home to shyte teams like Wigan and the atmosphere is similarly dross. Just as it was when 33,000 were at Old Trafford seeing Palace win with terracing 18 yeras ago.

If you want to improve the atmosphere at football, then let's make it a more entertaining spectacle rather than the predictable one sided dross we are served up today.
Old 16-10-2007, 09:06 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Flange
eh ?

Breathe dear chap, I cant understand what you are trying to say

Trust me you are completely wrong however....
You are part of a new generation of fans that links standing to DEATH ! Standing has never killed anyone in a football ground. Piss poor crowd management and stadium maintenance ...yes.
ive been at lower division games where standing is still present. i often watch peterborough at london road, and even there, where the crowds are not massive, people are often crushed when goals are scored, penalties being taken or fights occur on the pitch. when they played newcastle a few years back int he fa cup, it was a close game and the fans were rammed in, when david farrell scored there were grown men on the floor being thrown about, as well as children. imagine this in a really big game with thousands more fans, its in a fans nature to celebrate n people inevitably push forward.

we cant go excluding children from these areas can we, they are after all the 'future' fans of the club.the only way to manage the situation would be to reduce crowds massively thus voiding them of atmosphere anyway. its not safe for children and its hard to get good views of the pitch alot of the time.

plus its far too easy for away fans to congregate in standing areas and cause trouble. how do you suppose that is managed?

seating should stay

i may be alone on this but i stand by it, if your pardon the pun

selhurst would feel even more empty if standing areas were introduced anyway!!