Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-10-2007, 10:54 AM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Quote:
Originally posted by presuming ed
I'd like to see it come back if only on the basis that it would make the "sit down, shut up" chant redundant.
On the basis of ridiculous chanting it should be left all seating, as I seem to remember some fans singing "sit down palace, sit down palace" when we were stood in the Arthur Wait Enclosure, at which point an area of fans would sit/squat down for about 10 seconds and then leap in the air. Like that was impressive or something. A similar thing happened once when the James song "Sit Down" was played over the tannoy. They were desperate days.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 16-10-2007, 11:40 AM

CHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally posted by foxinthebox
millwall fans could easily sell out there area and then get tickets in the holmesdale road end by walking into the box office and asking for a ticket. how do you monitor that? at least if there seated theyre less likely to be able to congregate on the terraces and their movement is restricted, there is probably a simple slotuion to this problem i just cant think of it
Drivel. If they wanted to organise in the same way now they could, and simply congregate on the concourse below the seats ( a la Leeds at the Mercantile at Wembley)
Old 16-10-2007, 11:42 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Flange
I've just read your post again and am horrified by its ignorance

And you wonder why I didnt want to argue with you ?
you dont want to argue cause your blind to anybody elses point of view , i dont wonder at all. carry on leading the blind and the sheep if its easy for you, but dont just insult when you get challenged. come up with something constructive. its my belief that liverpool fans are to blame for the tragedy at hillsborough, and i am firmly entitled to that belief. i have studied social and cultural aspects of ootball in great detail and have come to these conclusions taking in journals written arguing both points of view, so you can pick up the mail or whatvere it is you read and run with your view but when i have taken the time to actually study the area please dont insult my intelligence. you are indeed the ignorant one for thinking your opinion and yours only si the one that counts.
Old 16-10-2007, 11:44 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by CHE
Drivel. If they wanted to organise in the same way now they could, and simply congregate on the concourse below the seats ( a la Leeds at the Mercantile at Wembley)
oh yeah that oh so big concourse below the seats, where you`d get all of a pocketful of fans. plus you yourslef become an easier target standing. i dont think people understand that i do want standing if its safe and aids the atmosphere etc.
Old 16-10-2007, 11:47 AM
gumnut cottage

anyway, ive nothing more to add to the debate its actually been an enjoyable disccussion. thank you, i do actually hope you get your safe standing area. peace
Old 16-10-2007, 12:23 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
you dont want to argue cause your blind to anybody elses point of view , i dont wonder at all. carry on leading the blind and the sheep if its easy for you, but dont just insult when you get challenged. come up with something constructive. its my belief that liverpool fans are to blame for the tragedy at hillsborough, and i am firmly entitled to that belief. i have studied social and cultural aspects of ootball in great detail and have come to these conclusions taking in journals written arguing both points of view, so you can pick up the mail or whatvere it is you read and run with your view but when i have taken the time to actually study the area please dont insult my intelligence. you are indeed the ignorant one for thinking your opinion and yours only si the one that counts.
But your arguement is so flawed , so devoid of fact and is, to be frank, downright insulting to those that lost their lives

How can I be blind to your point of view when it carries no credibility. You are entitled to an opinion but please dont expect me to argue fairly if you come out with such ill informed comment as you have done.

It is widely recognised that the layout of the leppings lane end- the turnstiles in particular- caused the back up of fans outside the ground. It shouldnt have mattered a jot whether Liverpool supoorters turned up late and in large numbers, they had the right to expect measures and facilities ( by that I mean a safe stadium layout, not poor signage and caged pens) that would have coped with this.

At the end of the day I am dealing with facts from written documents and Government reports. My knowledge of the subject, whilst not academic is well researched. It might be of interest to you that the FLA have all but aknowledged that Hillsborough was not down to standing , nor was it down to Liverpool fans.

Just about every organistion or authority that has an interest in football safety has conceded that Hillsborough was caused by influences such as inadequate policing and poor stadium/crowd management.

Your logic is bizzare that I read the Daily Mail when you are the sensationalist! I am merely calling for choice for those that wish to stand. I'll take my chances thanks that I wont be crushed to death in a pile of bodies if I step onto a standing area. If you dont like it there will still be 3 sides of the ground made up of seats.
Old 16-10-2007, 02:11 PM

CHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperCHE has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
oh yeah that oh so big concourse below the seats, where you`d get all of a pocketful of fans. plus you yourslef become an easier target standing. i dont think people understand that i do want standing if its safe and aids the atmosphere etc.
Wrong again. Standing it is far easier to move away, otherwise yiou are literally a "sitting" target.

Not sure about your arguement about the "oh so small concourse" - you get hundreds, if not thousands of home fans in there at any one time, so why couldn't a determined band of say, a hundred hooligans do the same at a given signal?
Old 16-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lots of positive coverage on Sky Sports News . There is a meeting at Wallsall,s ground today, the ball is definately rolling!!!!!

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 16-10-2007, 02:57 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by whyteleafeeagle
Lots of positive coverage on Sky Sports News . There is a meeting at Wallsall,s ground today, the ball is definately rolling!!!!!
Told you !

No one belives me

please God make it happen.

Old 16-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
you know i believe you hunny!!!!!!

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 16-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Mods Rule!!!

On the subject of safe standing, im really looking forward to watching Whyteleafe @ Dulwich tonight, on the terraces...

Leafe Leafe Leafe

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 16-10-2007, 03:21 PM
living in a bubble

Quote:
On the subject of safe standing, im really looking forward to watching Whyteleafe @ Dulwich tonight, on the terraces...

Leafe Leafe Leafe
Must make a trip soon down there. Havent you invited ADE to come soon ?
Old 16-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Mods Rule!!!

Yeah, have invited a few bbs ers down there. We have a home game on Tues 30th if your interested, im going to ask Dan if he fances it as well. John said he will come that night too.

We are Leafe We are Leafe We are Leafe We are Leafe

WE ARE LEAFE

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 16-10-2007, 03:34 PM
living in a bubble

Sounds good, remind me in a week or so
Old 17-10-2007, 01:34 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
who is standing at blackpool? back few rows as usual. no roof so could be shit atmosphere! if there are a few standing away, it tends to be good banter with the stewards when they try their SIT DOWN bollox. burnley, wolves and plym have to be the worst in our league, bolton and boro in the prem
Old 17-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Mods Rule!!!

There were proberly 20 of us or so standing at Dulwich last night, had a great laugh, other Leafe fans in the main stand commented at how loud we were considering we had no roof + we were in the rain... Last night reminded me how good it is to stand, as you can mingle + chat with various people throughout the game, + there is the added bonus of walking around the pitch to abuse the linesman.. You can,t do the above when your stuck in your plastic seats...
Can i also state that when Whyteleafe were 1-0 down last night the Leafe fans never stopped singing + getting behind their team, we ended up winning 2-1. Im certain that terracing brings out more positiveness amoungst supporters....

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 17-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't condone the abusing of linesmen. Asking them about their mental health, eyesight, assertiveness, parentage etc. in a polite but firm way whilst waving the pointy end of an umbrella at them is normally all that is required.
Old 17-10-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
There were proberly 20 of us or so standing at Dulwich last night, had a great laugh, other Leafe fans in the main stand commented at how loud we were considering we had no roof + we were in the rain... Last night reminded me how good it is to stand, as you can mingle + chat with various people throughout the game, + there is the added bonus of walking around the pitch to abuse the linesman.. You can,t do the above when your stuck in your plastic seats...
Can i also state that when Whyteleafe were 1-0 down last night the Leafe fans never stopped singing + getting behind their team, we ended up winning 2-1. Im certain that terracing brings out more positiveness amoungst supporters....
Proberly? proberly? And we lost to you bunch of country bumpkins?
Old 17-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Mods Rule!!!

From the country + proud?

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 17-10-2007, 11:25 PM
HF*05

trippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shinetrippy is one in a million, got to burn to shine
I'm definitely pro standing. I've been standing in Block B for a long time now and the worst I've got were a couple of bruises, which don't really bother you when you're surrounded by your mates and having a good time. At the end of the day, the only bit of atmosphere at SP is generated by people who stand.