Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
A friend of mine used to be into a band called Spiro-Giro ? Not sure if the spelling is right but they where quite jolly.
I remember them. A friend of mine was bassist in a band called Farenji Warriors.
And I think Foetus Eagle has worn out his copy of "20 Jazz-Funk Greats".
Old 16-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Franky Beverley and Maze - top drawer.

I was really keen on Funkapolitan as well.

Eye Level rings a bell as well. Great days!
Old 16-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Light of the world are great
Old 16-11-2007, 01:45 PM

redeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Level 42 - The Chinese Way
Alan Partridge music.
Old 16-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jazz........nice
Old 16-11-2007, 04:47 PM

modernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Hilltop Meggie
Southern Freeze - Freeze, one of those goosebump intros. Happy days.

Sat 1st December Freeze,Beggar & co and Central Line are playing live at the Jazz Cafe in London.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Carpe Diem

MikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shine
Somebody help me out.. me out
Old 16-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Uncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the Liffey
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Franky Beverley and Maze - top drawer.

I was really keen on Funkapolitan as well.

Eye Level rings a bell as well. Great days!
I-Level were great....Give Me,Minefield and Teacher are the 3 singles I recall.

Well remembered about Funkapolitan.I only know "As Time Goes By".
Old 16-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
It's "Freeez" not "Freeze".

As many of you already know, I love Jazz Funk. Carry on.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is one of the discs I burnt for the car recently:

1. Charles Earland - From My Heart To Yours
2. Eddie Russ - Watergate Blues
3. Ben Sidran - About Love
4. Idris Muhammad - I'm a Believer
5. Donald Byrd - Where Are We Going?
6. Gil Scott Heron and Brian Jackson - Racetrack in France
7. Herbie Hancock - I Thought It Was You
8. Roy Ayers - Red, Black and Green
9. Marlena Shaw - Liberation Conversation
10. Weldon Irvine - Walk That Walk, Talk That Talk
11. Norman Connors - Stella
12. Grover Washington Jr. - Mr. Magic
13. Larry Young - Turn Off The Lights
14. The Blackbyrds - Rock Creek Park
15. Donald Byrd - Woman of the World
Old 16-11-2007, 05:22 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by redeyed
Alan Partridge music.
His air bass solo to 'Music for Chameleons' is class though.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
This is one of the discs I burnt for the car recently:

1. Charles Earland - From My Heart To Yours
2. Eddie Russ - Watergate Blues
3. Ben Sidran - About Love
4. Idris Muhammad - I'm a Believer
5. Donald Byrd - Where Are We Going?
6. Gil Scott Heron and Brian Jackson - Racetrack in France
7. Herbie Hancock - I Thought It Was You
8. Roy Ayers - Red, Black and Green
9. Marlena Shaw - Liberation Conversation
10. Weldon Irvine - Walk That Walk, Talk That Talk
11. Norman Connors - Stella
12. Grover Washington Jr. - Mr. Magic
13. Larry Young - Turn Off The Lights
14. The Blackbyrds - Rock Creek Park
15. Donald Byrd - Woman of the World
Quality, track 7 is a classic!
Old 16-11-2007, 05:32 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Kool and the Gang had their moments
Old 16-11-2007, 05:36 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeyDread
Somebody help me out.. me out
woah woah woah

jfm and all the pirates back in the '80s used to cain this stuff
great time to get into music
Old 16-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally posted by disco mixx kidd
woah woah woah

jfm and all the pirates back in the '80s used to cain this stuff
great time to get into music
JFM was a great station.

Beggar and Co and Incognito were off-shoots from Light of the World.

Anyone remember The UK Players?
Old 16-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Me me - I do.
All this has prompted me to look at the dates for next years' Caister Sould Weekender, get the girls and boys from the Ground Crew Posse together and book!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Looks a blast, now I wonder how I can talk Lynsey into it?

Mind you, how sad would it be if I go back and see alll the old faces?
Old 16-11-2007, 07:15 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
The SOS band are my favourite band ever.
Old 16-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

They were always on Street Sounds albums.
Old 16-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Looks a blast, now I wonder how I can talk Lynsey into it?

Mind you, how sad would it be if I go back and see alll the old faces?
JFDI Pedro!