Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Right - this is the last one from me for tonight.

This is a true anthem if ever there was one....

What an excellent end to the evening. Thanks a lot.

I will keep revisiting this thread.
Old 16-11-2007, 10:32 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PT109
Right - this is the last one from me for tonight.

This is a true anthem if ever there was one....

What an excellent end to the evening. Thanks a lot.

I will keep revisiting this thread.
Ditto (I've been told we're havin' an early one )

MEGGIE: loved the Jill Scott Heron video - quite poignant.
Old 16-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Right. BBS Weekender, Cleethorpes - ok the last resort but we have the technology (just). Plenty of beds, got a venue. Name the date.
Old 17-11-2007, 01:09 AM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else went to the Steve Walsh tribute gig after he died hosted by Tony Blackburn?!
Old 17-11-2007, 01:22 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Anyone else went to the Steve Walsh tribute gig after he died hosted by Tony Blackburn?!
100%

I'll always remember the night he DJ'd in the Sussex on a Sunday.

I searched the ins and the outs, for a love that's mine, all mine...........

I've heard of love before............

Over to you Justin.................

"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 17-11-2007, 08:43 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Tell me what have you found........
Old 17-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Got a folder in my music files which is constantly being added to called "Weekender". It contains, amongst others;

Heatwave - Gangsters of the Groove
Freeez - Flyin' High
Light Of The World - London Town
Level 42 - Heathrow
Blue Feather - It's Love
Ronny Jordan - So What
Crusaders - Street Life
Randy Crawford - Last Nite at Danceland
Stanley Clarke - We Supply
Heatwave - Mind Blowing Decisions
The Real Thing - Can You Feel the Force
Arthur Adams - You Got The Floor
Old 17-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally posted by little al
Tell me what have you found........
...My sun rises on your face
When I see that certain glow
But picture that's so bright
You're my delight
And that's why I love you so

Old 17-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Over the hill.

Pedro, forgive me - just remembered - that CD is sitting here ready to bubble wrap and post. Apologies, check your PO box shortly x
Old 17-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
For Meggie.

Old 17-11-2007, 09:13 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Old 17-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Old 17-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

I'll be amazed if this hasdn't been put up already;

Old 17-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Over the hill.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
For Meggie.

Thank you Pete - number two on top ten.

Getting me in the mood for tonight, another weekender style night a the bar. Amazing as it appeals to all ages, ther will be a mix of jazz funk, soul, reggae, some ska thrown in. Get your dancing shoes on and the talc out.

A medley for those not converted - the mixing is poo but some good tunes:
Old 17-11-2007, 09:21 AM
XXVII

Old 17-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Over the hill.

Freeeeeeeez!
Old 17-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Bit of a crossover this one, but couldn't find any copies of "AM" by Firstlight so this'll have to do instead;

Old 17-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Over the hill.

Greg Diamond - Cream always rises to the top, does anyone remember that one?
Can't find it anywhere.
Old 17-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Anyone here frequent these places back in the late 70's /early 80's?

Lyceum on Friday nights (Greg Matthews, Coral brown, Steve Walsh)
Forest Barn, Forest Hill
Magdala (the side room), Lordship Lane
Green man, Dun Cow, Old Kent Road
The Millers, Greenwich on a Sunday night then round to the Albert (?) for a late one?
The Rose Of Lee in Lee High Road.

And of course the trips to Southend, convoys of Ford capris and Escorts.