Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Rhino
Apologises for my pedantism.
Pedantry
Old 19-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Good spot! - edited!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 19-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only 7 for me

Missed Leicester as I was in Portugal, missed West Ham for the Lion King FFS.

At least I'm now with a Palace supporter.

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 19-11-2007, 08:07 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
9 for me
Old 19-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
was there really only 64,000 for the shef utd game?!

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
BarÁa, BarÁa, BarÁa
Old 19-11-2007, 08:14 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by King William
The sheffield end was like a ghost town.
Old 19-11-2007, 08:19 PM
wer der waabbit

IAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS Murray
9 for me
Old 19-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Spoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpoons : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A rather poor 6 for me.

Proves I'm not a glory hunter.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Pedantry
Doh! I like to make my own words up
Old 19-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Everton ZDS attendance was even more impressive as they barely had 15,000, if my memory serves me right?
Old 19-11-2007, 09:22 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
16 for me also.

These missed:

7/ 56,177 Arsenal 7 C. Palace 0 - FA Cup 4th Round 1933/34 (Highbury)

8/ 55,262 Man. United 1 Palace 1 - Div. One 1968/69 (Old Trafford)

17/ 51,630 Man. City 11 C. Palace 4 - FA Cup 5th Round 1925/26 (Maine Road)

20/ 50,700 Everton 2 Palace 1 - Div. One 1968/69 (Goodison)
Old 19-11-2007, 09:34 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
8 for me
Old 19-11-2007, 09:49 PM

redders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkredders2000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Great work - and I was there for 16 of those. Can anyone beat that?
Great effort

I am only 1 behind you with 15 attended
Go to sleep. everything is all right.

I close my eyes, then I drift away
Into the magic night. I softly say
A silent prayerlike dreamers do.
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:58 PM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Top 20 Largest attendances for matches involving Palace

Only 8 for me!

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!
Old 19-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
I have the top 6, but only 2 others.
Old 19-11-2007, 10:01 PM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by James

.. and to be honest I can't remember the Everton 2 Palace 1 game in 1968/69 but I am certain I was there, because I only missed one away game in our first Season in Division One and it wasn't that one!
I have only been to Goodison once and we lost 5-0. Ended up building card castles on the square terracing and then got a smack round the head on the way back to the station to boot.

Old 19-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Sodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betray
6 for me, all finals. Glory hunter!
Old 19-11-2007, 10:04 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Sadly only 4 for me. But only one defeat in those 4.
Old 19-11-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by King William
I was very very drunk ath this game!
I think we downed a bottle of scotch before 1:00.
I went to the game but was very very ill for 2 days!:

Old 19-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Re: Top 20 Largest attendances for matches involving Palace

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
Here are those I attended:

1= 80,000 Palace 3 Man United 3 - FA Cup Final 1989/90 (Wembley)

1= 80,000 Palace 0 Man United 1 - FA Cup Final Replay 1989/90 (Wembley)

2/ 72,523 Palace 1 West Ham Utd 0 - Play Off Final 2003/04 (Millennium Stadium)

3/ 55,262 Man. United 1 Palace 1 - Div. One 1968/69 (Old Trafford)

4/ 55,074 Chelsea 2 Palace 0 - FA Cup 3rd Round Replay 1970/71 (Stamford Bridge)

5/ 54,407 Chelsea 2 Palace 3 - FA Cup 5th Round 1975/76 (Stamford Bridge)

6/ 52,810 Palace 0 Southampton 2 - FA Cup Semi Final 1975/76 (Stamford Bridge)

7/ 52,460 Palace 4 Everton 1 - ZDS Cup Final 1990/91 (Wembley)

8/ 51,801* Palace 2 Burnley 0 - Div. Two 1978/79 (Selhurst Park)

Not bad considering I have been in the states for over 30 years