Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:44 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone run a family calendar? How do you do it? (I know apple has family share or something but don't want all the other crap of sharing apps/photos that will no doubt clog up the measly 5GB you get for free on icloud).
Old 02-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
So looking at Google apparently the Apps store and anything to do with Apps is no longer on iTunes.

Not that I use iTunes for anything to do with Apps, I was having trouble with the Uber App and it would not delete from my phone so thought I would try via iTunes with the phone plugged in.

Apparently that is not an option anymore.
Apple released a version of iTunes that put this back in. It's what I use

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-11-2017, 07:37 AM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Does anyone run a family calendar? How do you do it? (I know apple has family share or something but don't want all the other crap of sharing apps/photos that will no doubt clog up the measly 5GB you get for free on icloud).
When you start family sharing you get a checkbox list of the things you want to share - calendar or app as etc

Steve Jobs
Old 04-11-2017, 08:38 AM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Anyone ordered the iPhoneX today?

According to reports, such as To view the link you have to Register or Loginone, there is a shortage of stock and 'Demand for the new phone is expected to be extremely high, so if you’ve managed to read this far through this post, it’s probably already too late, especially considering reports of supply issues due to difficulty in manufacturing sensors.'

However, Apple are still taking orders and there seem to be plenty left. I wonder if this was just a marketing ploy to encourage a buying frenzy. Perhaps, however the high price has put potential buyers off.

I have ordered one as it's paid for by my business, but I am not sure I would have been prepared to fork out £1k had I been funding this myself. The iPhoneX could be a bit of a dud.
all the evidence is pointing to this phone as being as popular as any other handset they've released, the plebs were out in force camping overnight at the various stores throughout the world and the £1000 does not seem to be putting the fans off at all but since when have Apple products been cheap? those predicting this could be the death of Apple might want to revise that prediction, does any other smartphone manufacturer get so much hype for a release? never in a million years.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So today I've managed to drop my iPhone 6s in the bath.

Seems to work fine surprisingly other than it constantly thinking headphones are plugged in so speakers not working when I play music or videos.

Headphones work fine when plugged in and speakers work fine for ringtones and alarms.

Any ideas of how to fix it? I tried a cotton wool bud but no luck.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Turn it off and stick it in a bag of rice.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Bag of rice, at least 36 hours, let it absorb all the water
Old 09-11-2017, 10:07 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is anyone getting an iPhone X? If so, anyone got a recommendation for cases?
Old 10-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
My iPhone X arrived today.

I love the Face ID, which works perfectly. My only slight quibble is that the screen width is less than on my iPhone 7plus (screen height is larger) - so watching Sky Go involves watching a smaller, scaled, picture.

I've not really had much chance to investigate much further yet.

As for cases - I wouldn't ever look further than a Tech 21 'impactology' case. To view the link you have to Register or Login is the one I bought, as the credit card holder is useful. However, the cheaper bog standard Tech 21 cases are good enough to protect the phone from multiple drops.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
My only slight quibble is that the screen width is less than on my iPhone 7plus (screen height is larger) - so watching Sky Go involves watching a smaller, scaled, picture.
How much did that downgrade cost you?

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 10-11-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I purchased the official Apple leather one for £49, incredibly pricey but it's a great fit and looks very good.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:39 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
I purchased the official Apple leather one for £49, incredibly pricey but it's a great fit and looks very good.
Says the man that paid £1000 for the phone!

Has to be worth £49 (5%) to protect your investment.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
After a couple of years use my official Apple leather case has worn on the corners to expose the official Apple plastic. It’s still a great fit but it looks a bit crap for fifty quid.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:54 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Just had a look at the x and it looks like a bit of a joke
If you are going to do an infinity screen then do it, instead of leaving a stupid part in the middle at the top. Samsung are making the screens arent they? think they are taking the piss out of Apple. Surely Apple are paying them for copying all the bits that Samsung had on phones for the last couple of years especially with Apple claiming these features are this new thing? Think the 8 looks a lot better. Im not someone that hates iPhones and would be honest but it just looks like a kids toy phone with old features.

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 11-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
If you are going to do an infinity screen then do it, instead of leaving a stupid part in the middle at the top
This.

It is a truly stupid idea.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:21 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
This is a bit off topic but does relate to an iPhone.

Has anyone incurred charges on their monthly bill for calls they never made? My monthly bill on my personal phone (not used for work) rarely exceeds £20. This month it is £250 and is directly attributable to a single, continuous, 2 hour call Vodafone claim was made to a college in the USA. I didn't make this call, in fact I've never used this phone to call the US. The phone was in my possession throughout the day and the number dialled is not in my contacts.

I'm going through the disputes process and want to take my complaint to the Ombudsman. Vodafone have made two unsolicited offers of a 20% and then 50% reduction in the bill. They say they can't offer an explanation because their system says the call was made and that the Ombudsman will base any judgement on this evidence. This is the third security related issue I have had with Vodafone. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:40 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Will be due in for the X in a week or so apparently.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:47 PM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
Just had a look at the x and it looks like a bit of a joke
If you are going to do an infinity screen then do it, instead of leaving a stupid part in the middle at the top. Samsung are making the screens arent they? think they are taking the piss out of Apple. Surely Apple are paying them for copying all the bits that Samsung had on phones for the last couple of years especially with Apple claiming these features are this new thing? Think the 8 looks a lot better. Im not someone that hates iPhones and would be honest but it just looks like a kids toy phone with old features.
that sounds outrageous, is the number visible from dialled section from your phone? and how can a two hour call to the USA cost £250? thats over £4/minute surely calls to the USA even from Vodaphone cant cost that much?
Old 12-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
that sounds outrageous, is the number visible from dialled section from your phone? and how can a two hour call to the USA cost £250? thats over £4/minute surely calls to the USA even from Vodaphone cant cost that much?
Not visible in the dialled section. The first I knew about the call was a text alert from them in the evening saying I had incurred above average costs. What I need is some evidence that this isn't the unique/impossible occurrence they claim.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Dis-Member

I’ve just read a review which both praises the standout “edge to edge screen” and criticises the “the notch” for blocking part of the screen.

I guess the reviewer was given one.