Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
The tariff has just been doubled.

Signal strength is much improved these days.

FWIW I haven't even considered unlocking my phone
Old 10-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by anoneagle
lookin to get one of these in a months time but could do with some advice....
does an unlocked iphones features still work as a legit one would?(youtube,maps,itunes updates etc.)

will a new updated version of the iphone be released within 18 months? (encase i sign to O2)

and what sort of battery life do you get out of yours?
If you unlock it you get the current features but you need a new hacked version after every update. So you are ever reliant on hacks, and those hacks might in future not have exactly the same apps.

They are opening it up to third party developers so they can design more applications, and Apple will then approve some of them.

Battery life is fine but if you are online a lot it drains much faster.

They just announced a 16 gig version.

The nice thing is that when they put out an update, you get any new features it has. So your phone will keep improving.

As Dave says, they just made the contract twice as generous, and you have unlimited data online so don;t have to worry.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:22 PM

anoneagle is playing for a contract
Thanks for your help dave and micky.
I think i'll play it safe (and simple) by choosing the o2 option.
looks like an excellent phone,and i need to get a new ipod with more memory anyway. only using a 2gb ipod,so having to delete files everytime i download music. perfect combo for what i'm after at the moment! Hopefully i wont be disappointed.....
Old 11-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I guarantee you won't
Old 11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rumours of an imminent price drop and perhaps a move to 3G on To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyStreet
Rumours of an imminent price drop and perhaps a move to 3G on To view the link you have to Register or Login
It isn't a rumour about moving to 3G the AT&T chief said Apple were working on it, and infact I think Apple have even been quoted as saying they didn't include 3G first time round due to the size of the chip and its power requirements.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

3G wouldn't incentivise me to upgrade if was to cost and it certainly wouldn't stop me buying an Iphone now.

GPRS is fast enough for email and web browsing so unless they are going to offer IM or streaming then I can't leave it.

edit: In fact IM wouldn't need 3G
Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 AM

congress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Something for your iphone.Britannica encyclopaedia

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-02-2008, 10:23 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Old 08-03-2008, 05:54 PM

Marki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for you
Just got the 16gb version and managed to unlock it in about 5 mins using some free software.

Very impressed!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:11 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
the keyboard on my touch is a beauty, it's easily the most acccurate touch device I've ever used. I was doign a fair bit of typing on it today and didn;t have any problems
Old 08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beauty. Best phone on the market.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
Phones that automatically look for emails to download are bloody stupid. I had a Windows Palm that did that..... I ditched it.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:10 PM

I got a 16GB iphone on tuesday,and am really pleased with it.
Only problem so far is connecting to the internet. Maybe i've missed something,but havent found anywhere to connect through wi-fi yet. So,so far i havent made full use of the phone (youtube,itunes etc.) but still really impressed!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM

Marki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for youMarki is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally posted by anoneagle
I got a 16GB iphone on tuesday,and am really pleased with it.
Only problem so far is connecting to the internet. Maybe i've missed something,but havent found anywhere to connect through wi-fi yet. So,so far i havent made full use of the phone (youtube,itunes etc.) but still really impressed!
Mine connected with our home system straight away. So simple that it took a while for me to realise that it wasn't connected to the web under its own steam.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marki
Mine connected with our home system straight away. So simple that it took a while for me to realise that it wasn't connected to the web under its own steam.

the problem is my home system is locked,and im not sure what password i'm meant to enter. i've tried entering the wep key,but no joy!

can anyone spread some light? as soon as i suss that out,the phone becomes so much more appealing and usefull!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I hear the latest upgrade to the iPhone will allow the keyboard to be horizontal as well as vertical, which should make typing easier.

Also they will be more business orientated, i.e. you can use Word and Excel.

Disclaimer.... I don't have one, was just talking with a guy at work yesterday about his. I have to say I was impressed with what he was showing me.... but then again I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to this stuff.... my cell phone is 6 years old and doesn't even have a camera in it.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
The June revision rumours seem pretty strong.

Do people here think that we'll be seeing an update then?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
The June revision rumours seem pretty strong.

Do people here think that we'll be seeing an update then?

i hope not,not yet anyway..... only got mine last week so i'll be a bit gutted.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
16GB nearly convinced me but I might as well wait until June.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.