Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 PM

Diehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The best restaurant...................

Just had lunch at Maze Grill, which is Gordon Ramsay's latest restaurant. Bloody expensive (over 100 per head) but still worth it IMHO. Better still, the great man was in residence and lunching some people himself. Mainly steaks but without doubt, the best I have ever had.....

Anybody else had a dinner to die for?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 PM

CPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Da Pietro, the Italian restaurant on Streatham High Road. has changed hands recently so haven't been in, but by far the best Italian i've had the pleasure of dining in.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 PM

C.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Re: The best restaurant...................

Quote:
Originally posted by Diehard
Just had lunch at Maze Grill, which is Gordon Ramsay's latest restaurant. Bloody expensive (over 100 per head) but still worth it IMHO. Better still, the great man was in residence and lunching some people himself. Mainly steaks but without doubt, the best I have ever had.....

Anybody else had a dinner to die for?
100 per head!!!!??? who the Fck Gordon Ramsay thinks he is??!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Delboy

AlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAlanD has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
How can you say 100 a head for a bit to eat is worth it? Just plain crazy if you ask me, but hey.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like Terre a Terre in Brighton but that's because I'm poofy lentil munching vegetarian scum.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only been to one Ramsey establishment, Mrs Smoz booked the Chefs table at Claridges for my 40th, a decent meal (had better food elsewhere) but a thoroughly enjoyable evening, the staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed ourselves.

For my previous birthday we went to El Bulli which is generally considered to be the best restaurant in the world, the food was indeed magnificent, the service was excellent, the atmosphere was good (not at all pretentious). But I don't think that I would rush back.

If I were to choose where I would most like to go back to for dinner it would probably be a place called The Sportsman in Seasalter, near Whitstable. A pub that does excellent food, using the very finest of ingredients, great atmosphere and good beers and wines.

If I were to choose where I would most like to visit which I hadn't tried before it would be St John in Smithfield.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM

C.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiC.Jones does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
You can have a decent meal with a good bottle of wine for less! it's not about the food, I think it's all about Ramsey being who is his!!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM

chris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by C.Jones
You can have a decent meal with a good bottle of wine for less! it's not about the food, I think it's all about Ramsey being who is his!!
dont think you can say that unless you've eaten there really. you pay a premium for branded stuff in every aspect of life granted, but you dont get a 'decent meal' at a ramsay restaurant
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chris2344
dont think you can say that unless you've eaten there really. you pay a premium for branded stuff in every aspect of life granted, but you dont get a 'decent meal' at a ramsay restaurant
Point taken...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:37 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
most of my favorite meals would be home cooked ones. I know a few people who are fantastic cooks and some of their food that Ive eaten has been amazing.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Regency Cafe, Regency Street

Never had a bad meal there
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
CANDUB

Pidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
I like Terre a Terre in Brighton but that's because I'm poofy lentil munching vegetarian scum.
Even with my unblemished record of heterosexuality, I have to agree that Terre a Terre does turn out some top tuck.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought maze was good, but not a patch on gordon ramsey (the restaurant). Would love to go to el bulli.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
Even with my unblemished record of heterosexuality, I have to agree that Terre a Terre does turn out some top tuck.
Food for Friends is another good veggie poof hangout down there, but Terre a Terre just shades it for me. Once I persuade meat eating friends to eat in there they actually want to go back!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 AM
CANDUB

Pidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Once I persuade meat eating friends to eat in there they actually want to go back!
So many jokes - so little time.

I have never had a bad meal To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Pidster; 09-05-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

No, not THAT kind of meat eating friends...

Oh sod it
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Dined at Wild Honey last night.

It will surely get a Michelin soon : but at 70 per head, inc wine, it was fabulous value.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-05-2008, 08:14 AM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My brother, lanepe, has booked maze for my birthday.

We do not buy each other presents, we simply book an expensive restaurant and stuff ourselves silly and get smashed. My last bill came to 360! Looking forward to getting my own back at Maze in July.
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
CANDUB

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
<snop> but at 70 per head, inc wine, it <snip>
I take it you weren't dining with Adrenalin John.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster

I have never had a bad meal To view the link you have to Register or Login
Bit of a trek for Lunch though.