Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Judge Judy & Executioner

Location: Witnessing the elevation of competence over excellence
norwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrongnorwood_girl likes to sing along, although the words are wrong
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Romain
I got the impression Michael Johnson is a bit p issed off - although trying very hard to appear not to be!
Just seen his interview with Gaby Yorath, he seems OK with the fact that it was his record for 12 years and that it was not broken whilst he was still competing.
He’d be such a fool if he should ever leave you
Old 20-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
He said it wasnt his record anymore as he isnt competing and he wanted him to break it as much as any other.
Old 20-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by jookbeard
no he went at full steam
It was awesome to watch.

When you watch the head on camera replay you see him glancing at the clock down the straight twice - he obviously had splits he knew he had to hit to take the record (and I guess if he knew he was .2 or .3 down he would have eased up)

The last 20m he just gritted his teeth, dug deep and drove even harder. It was immense determination.

It goes to show how amazing Johnson's run was (as Johnson could have shaved time off that in Atlanta as he wasn't running 100% at the line), but Bolt will just get better and better.
Old 20-08-2008, 07:10 PM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is he a "clean" athlete though?
Old 20-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by IanH
Is he a "clean" athlete though?
In a minority if he was
Old 20-08-2008, 09:00 PM

Freddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
No one can be sure if he is "clean" but testing is becoming increasingly rigorous world-wide, and his phenomenal speed could well be explained
by his exceptional natural attributes, especially his height, length of
stride, balance, cardio-vascular system, temperament & intelligence.

Combine all these genetic factors with his own desire and will-to-win
& the expertise of his coaches in Jamaica and one has some reasons
for his superlative achievements.

Injury apart, there seems to be nothing standing in Bolt's way from
his setting records over the next few years that could last two or
three decades.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 20-08-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 20-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Freddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
In a minority if he was
Your concrete evidence for this assertion please?
Old 20-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
If you think he is a drugs cheat and all good athletes are cheats then why do people bother watching it. Why dont you just piss off and let those of us that actually care about the Olympics more than the money-grabbing pricks that play football watch the sports and the spectacle that is Usain Bolt.
Old 20-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I wonder how often Tiger Woods has been independently drug tested, both in and out of competition, the past few years?

Oh, never. A bit suspcious to me.
Old 20-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Under Fascist Rule

And Bolt has been tested 7 times during this Olympics alone. The Jamaican team has been tested 42 times.
Old 20-08-2008, 10:01 PM
On probation

jookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkjookbeard sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
can those please post another thread about whether his is clean or not?, in the meantime I'm applauding the guy, what we have seen this week is something so special
Old 20-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Agreed.

Its only 1 or 2% complaining about him being too good so he must be on drugs. Maybe they should watch the other events like cycling where we have dominated, maybe they are on drugs as well, or Adlington or the Rowers or Ohuruogu.

I am not accusing these, but they all won gold medals and therefore must be on drugs
Old 21-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Billyd
Not really the point, if hes taking them then they arent being shown up on tests, just like marion jones etc did for many years untill the testing became more advanced
So basically he's guilty until proven innocent, then when proven innocent in a drugs test, he's still guilty until a 'better' drugs test can prove him innocent.

All the drugs cheats really have tarnished the sport of athletics as no one will ever be behind a record holder totally clean again without suspicion, it's quite sad really.
Old 21-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
I wonder how often Tiger Woods has been independently drug tested, both in and out of competition, the past few years?

Oh, never. A bit suspcious to me.
Has he never been tested? I don't know.

I make my living teaching the game and still can't find where it could be an advantage to take drugs of any kind.
Old 21-08-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by jookbeard
can those please post another thread about whether his is clean or not?, in the meantime I'm applauding the guy, what we have seen this week is something so special
It sure is. He is a fantastic athelete.

Ben Johnson was too. As was Marion Jones and many others.
Old 21-08-2008, 07:55 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I make my living teaching the game and still can't find where it could be an advantage to take drugs of any kind.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Apparently Tiger has tested himself...!
Old 21-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by saxoneagle
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Apparently Tiger has tested himself...!
LOL. In the true spirit of golf -- you are your own referee after all.
Old 21-08-2008, 09:37 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
As was Marion Jones and many others.
she got caught dopping, 8 years later...
Old 21-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by Billyd
she got caught dopping, 8 years later...
great athlete though
Old 21-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I admire the code of conduct amongst golfers. But part of that, for some golfers, must surely be possibility of discovery. Money always taints things. So why wouldn't some try things not tested or likely to be discovered?

Can you seriously say, that at the very top level, drugs would not help recovery from injury, help them train better, increase fast-twitch muscle fibre?

Why wouldn't this be as helpful in golf as in other sports, particularly as it becomes more 'athletic' (if I am correct in that latter assumption)?