Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-11-2008, 01:59 PM

selhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betray
You wont believe it by I still have one signed including the contents!!!!!!

Last edited by selhursthoover; 17-11-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 14-11-2008, 02:18 PM

JKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJKM would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCPFC4Life
I've got a spare one if your still looking for it. PM me your address and I'll post it out
Thanks, PM sent.
Old 22-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
I'm coming over for a visit late feb-early march 09. I collect palace badges and other palace memorabilia. Any one know of any fairs, badge/program swaps going on near london?

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 22-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Hi Mrgins

This link

To view the link you have to Register or Login

takes you to a football memorabilia forum (you need to enter "Collectors Chat")

It is predominantly football badges, but that is mainly because most of the people that go on there are primarily badge collectors.

There is a thread in "Collectors Chat" called 'Programme Fair dates', at

To view the link you have to Register or Login

and in there you will find details of loads of fairs. They are mostly football prog fairs, but some have badge stalls, some are just badge fairs, a few fairs are a complete mixture. It's a bit early to have the dates listed for Feb/March, but keep an eye on it a bit nearer the time. Alternatively, join up to the forum (be good to have another Palace fan on there - you'd be made very welcome) and then send a PM asking for the dates you want from the forum member "Footiebadgebloke" - he's clued up about all of the fairs, and even organises them.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 24-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Cheers DE. I'll check that out

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 24-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkiddo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wanted:

Pin badge of the 2005-06 home kit

and a pin badge of the Centenary kit from the same year

Old 01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
looking for 3 palace home games on video or dvd

87/88 aston villa
89/90 arsenal
98/99 norwich
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM

Marco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMarco van Palace was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Finnish Eagle is looking after season review videos or DVD's.

The seasons missing are: 1989-1990, 1998-1999 and 2001-2002.

Would be delighted to receive any of those.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:43 PM

Jamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fearJamie W is a gunboat in a sea of fear
I know its a long shot but does anyone have the 1990 home Red and Blue FA cup final shirt "Fly Virgin to LA" for sale? If anyone does PM me please!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 AM

Lakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an Eagle
Chums - your challenge should you choose to accept it.....in the 1971 / 2 season the programme was the square(ish) one with the light blue cover and stencil in red of a diving goalkeeper / ball. In one of these programmes (no idea which game !) one of the photos of the previous game showed Ross Jenkins (Palace's forward) being stretchered off the ground by the St John's Ambulence guys. One of those guys was my Dad (long since passed away). As you can imagine that programme was very sentimental to me and the bloody thing went missing in a tea chest en route to emigrating to Australia some years ago. So (1) does anyone have a set of programmes from that season and could do a quick flick through and tell me which game's programme this pic was featured in (2) assuming that's possible does anyone have a spare copy of said programme (happy to pay P&P and reasonable price for the programme) and / or (3) could any kind soul scan the photo in so I can download it Down Under ? Thanks in advance for any assistance....this one's personal. I'd also value any Palace polo tops / tee shirts (size large) that don't feature too prominent sponsor logos (when compared to the club crest) too.....
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I believe this is it-
5th oct 1971 palace v aston villa programme, at the moment, i've only one copy of the programme, but will try and hunt down another..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7172.jpg (396.6 KB, 74 views)

Facebook-John S Roberts

Is stuck in the Chit Chat Gold on wishing "wedgy a happy birthday" thread
Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Lakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an EagleLakeside HHH Glazier is an Eagle
John - that's it mate ! Blimey that was fast ! Thanks a million......Lakeside
Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 AM

Quick update - the missus and kids are incredulous at the piccy in the Palace / Villa 1971 programme as they've only seen 1 pic of my Old Man previously ! Great start to 2009 John, thanks heaps ! See, if anyone tries to convince you the world today is all doom and gloom (which, admittedly, it seems at times) just remember the countless good deeds being done on the BBS on this thread alone !
Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 AM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside HHH Glazier
Quick update - the missus and kids are incredulous at the piccy in the Palace / Villa 1971 programme as they've only seen 1 pic of my Old Man previously ! Great start to 2009 John, thanks heaps ! See, if anyone tries to convince you the world today is all doom and gloom (which, admittedly, it seems at times) just remember the countless good deeds being done on the BBS on this thread alone !
That pic brings back some memories. I distinctly remember the guy on the far right. That's not your Dad is it?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:59 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Great work John1509

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:30 AM

Cad - it bring back memories for me too mate ! My Dad is the guy at the front looking back at Ross Jenkins. He used to sneak me into the St Johns hut (at the corner of the Whitehorse / Old Stand) waaaay before kick off and I'd then sneak onto the Whitehorse about 5 mins before kickoff under cover of crowds ! I was 11 at the time this pic was taken. I knew all 4 stretcher carriers in this pic, they were all St John's Purley and attended Palace every game and were real wits. They also had a few teenage kids (boys) working with them in the St Johns team, wonder if they continued on ? I've actually penned an email to John Henty for the programme since he mentioned my old man in his "40 years ago" page in the Barnsley programme this season and a mate sent the programme over here to Aus. So somewhat belatedly I've given Henty a few thoughts ! If they make it to a future programme someone PM m please ! But yes, some great memories there - 38 bloody years ago mind !
Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 AM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lakeside...just found you a spare copy , can you pm me your address

Facebook-John S Roberts

Is stuck in the Chit Chat Gold on wishing "wedgy a happy birthday" thread
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 AM

RGR31 is playing for a contract
My first ever game was home to Arsenal 21st Oct 72. A game we lost 3 - 2. It was shown later on TV. We were very unlucky. Hammond saved a penalty against the post but the ref gave it if my memories as a 7 year old are correct. I've got the programme but have never been able to track dowm match reports, any tv coverage or photos etc. I would love any stuff on this game. Cheers.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:51 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR31
My first ever game was home to Arsenal 21st Oct 72. A game we lost 3 - 2. It was shown later on TV. We were very unlucky. Hammond saved a penalty against the post but the ref gave it if my memories as a 7 year old are correct. I've got the programme but have never been able to track dowm match reports, any tv coverage or photos etc. I would love any stuff on this game. Cheers.
Attached is a match report (in two parts as it is larger than my A4 scanner).
Looks like lucky Arsenal again and who remembers the ref - Harry New (of Portsmouth). I can picture the ***** even now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CP v Arsenal 21-10-1972-1.jpg (1.43 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg CP v Arsenal 21-10-1972-2.jpg (1.49 MB, 12 views)
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 AM

RGR31 is playing for a contract
Thanks ian, brought it all back. My first game and the start of years of being robbed !