Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside HHH Glazier
Cad - it bring back memories for me too mate ! My Dad is the guy at the front looking back at Ross Jenkins. He used to sneak me into the St Johns hut (at the corner of the Whitehorse / Old Stand) waaaay before kick off and I'd then sneak onto the Whitehorse about 5 mins before kickoff under cover of crowds ! I was 11 at the time this pic was taken. I knew all 4 stretcher carriers in this pic, they were all St John's Purley and attended Palace every game and were real wits. They also had a few teenage kids (boys) working with them in the St Johns team, wonder if they continued on ? I've actually penned an email to John Henty for the programme since he mentioned my old man in his "40 years ago" page in the Barnsley programme this season and a mate sent the programme over here to Aus. So somewhat belatedly I've given Henty a few thoughts ! If they make it to a future programme someone PM m please ! But yes, some great memories there - 38 bloody years ago mind !

Just posted the programme off to you, enjoy

Facebook-John S Roberts

Is stuck in the Chit Chat Gold on wishing "wedgy a happy birthday" thread
Old 08-01-2009, 03:14 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR31
My first ever game was home to Arsenal 21st Oct 72. A game we lost 3 - 2. It was shown later on TV. We were very unlucky. Hammond saved a penalty against the post but the ref gave it if my memories as a 7 year old are correct. I've got the programme but have never been able to track dowm match reports, any tv coverage or photos etc. I would love any stuff on this game. Cheers.

I was at this game standing at the front of the Whitehorse and for 36 years I had it in my mind that it was Jacko who was in goal that day.

Ian King's report shows that it was in fact a young Paul Hammond. Thanks Ian.

Who got our 2 that day?
Old 08-01-2009, 03:17 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad
I distinctly remember the guy on the far right. That's not your Dad is it?

He was a regular on Mickey Pratt's coach, cad. ( I think )
Old 09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
can anyone help with these palace echos ?
numbers
Old 20-02-2009, 08:30 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
after a copy off-

2002/3 Crystal Palace v Tottenham Simon Rodger Test,

Facebook-John S Roberts

Is stuck in the Chit Chat Gold on wishing "wedgy a happy birthday" thread
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 PM

BermondseyEagle is playing for a contract
I have a 1968 Charlton v Palace programme, but the game was postponed though. I have a few others somewhere, will have a look.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 PM

Shaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Being a tad perverse I'd like a copy of the PPnd Plymouth v Palace programme from the game on 10th January as I was travelling down to that game before I heard it was off.

I understand they gave them free with the re-arranged game/programme, I'm happy to pay the cover price for the Jan 10 prog, not interested in the re-arranged one, Cheers.
Old 17-03-2009, 12:10 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
I'm looking for the home kit season 1990/91 if anyone has one spare?
JOHN1509 & Stu Palace please check PM's.
Old 18-03-2009, 11:35 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupalace
can anyone help with these palace echos ?
numbers
I have multiples of quite a few PE's, let me check tonight
Old 18-03-2009, 12:41 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You might well have 29 Paul, it's one we got Lombardo to sign.

My signed copy is now framed.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 31-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hove_palace
hello

i'm after the Croydon Advertiser statue from the 1990 cup final - yes its tacky - but collectable
also after the teamsheet from our 3-2 win at Brighton

David

Not a great deal of use now, but was hunting for palace tat on ebay and somehow it came up that one went to auction in June. Didn't go for much in the end (under £15), which gives some hope that next time one appears it should also be reasonably priced!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Interesting to note that being hand painted, there are a few slightly different versions of this - the one I have has CPFC painted onto the boys tie. The one that was used in the Croydon Advertiser to advertise it, has "Palace at Wembley 1990" printed on, rather than painted on by hand. And then I've got another version of it which doesn't mention the FA Cup Final at all, but simply says on the board "Crystal Palace FC"
A lovely collectible !

Unrelated but similar pottery item
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 31-07-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunio15
Being a tad perverse I'd like a copy of the PPnd Plymouth v Palace programme from the game on 10th January as I was travelling down to that game before I heard it was off.

I understand they gave them free with the re-arranged game/programme, I'm happy to pay the cover price for the Jan 10 prog, not interested in the re-arranged one, Cheers.
It was the same programme with an insert

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 15-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
A Palace 1990 porcelain figurine is currently for sale on ebay

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-09-2009, 09:32 PM

RGR31 is playing for a contract
Bit random but any Big Mal Fedoras about?
Old 17-09-2009, 12:20 PM

selhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betray
Homes

1946/1947 V Brighton (Sep 11)
1946/1947 V Watford (Feb 15)
1950/1951 V Watford (Apr 28)

Anyone?
Old 17-09-2009, 02:04 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover
Homes

1946/1947 V Watford (Feb 15)
Anyone?
This is a single sheet roughly A5 size with just the teams printed on it.
See pms
Old 18-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Man City in the League Cup this year. I was away on holiday and even though I've got a programme voucher booklet Palace say they have sold out. I would have thought that they would have kept the right amount back for everyone that has already paid for the programmes but apparently not.

Has anyone got a spare copy they do not want ?
Old 21-09-2009, 04:24 PM
DAMN!

MR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandMR T is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axie
Man City in the League Cup this year. I was away on holiday and even though I've got a programme voucher booklet Palace say they have sold out. I would have thought that they would have kept the right amount back for everyone that has already paid for the programmes but apparently not.

Has anyone got a spare copy they do not want ?
In exactly the same situtation
Old 12-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Israeli International

David Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any idea if it possible to get any of the old season reviews on DVD format?

Let me know here or via PM, thanks in advance.
Old 14-10-2009, 05:09 PM

garyandrew stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?garyandrew stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?garyandrew stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?garyandrew stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?garyandrew stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
old palace progs free

in 77/78 watched a palace reserve game and on leaving saw an open door and it was full of unsold programmes filled 4 carrier bags still in my dads loft which he wants to clear free to anyone but u must pay postage u can emailme at garypalace@gmx.co.uk