Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Sunday Roast Thread.

Now the weather has turned I won't have to put up with all these pesky BBQ's and sundays will be returned to what is proper.....

A BLOODY GOOD ROAST.

I'm heading to Honeybrook Farm to pick up a huge slab of meat shortly for tonight.

Please use this thread to wax Lyrical about your roast exploits.... but please follow a few basic rules:

Beef = Yorkshire Pudding and Horesradish as standard

Pork = Crackling and Apple Sauce and Hot English Mustard

Lamb = Mint Sauce and peas.

Chicken = Stuffing

Ta
Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Me & my footballer mates normally prefer a spot of roasting on a Saturday night.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was saying this very thing the other day. When you go to a pub for roast dinner it should come 'properly garnished' following the basic rules outlined above. None of this Yorkshire pudding and stuffing with whatever roast you have nonsense.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by the digger
I was saying this very thing the other day. When you go to a pub for roast dinner it should come 'properly garnished' following the basic rules outlined above. None of this Yorkshire pudding and stuffing with whatever roast you have nonsense.
Thats excactly what I'm talking about....

Served my mother in law Roast Beef once and she asked If I had any apple sauce for her roast pots....

I punched her in the face and threw her out the house.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
I love a roast dinner and get one every week regardless of BBQ weather (which is looking good for today btw)

Lamb is my favourite and pork my least favourite although I eat both.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
Thats excactly what I'm talking about....

Served my mother in law Roast Beef once and she asked If I had any apple sauce for her roast pots....

I punched her in the face and threw her out the house.
And the yorkies should be cooked in the beef dripping, and the stuffing should be cooked in the chicken.

There's a reason why these things came to pass.

Oh and landlords, if you insist on having 4 different roasts, I insist you have 4 different gravies.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 AM

Oh and landlords, if you insist on having 4 different roasts, I insist you have 4 different gravies. [/B][/QUOTE]

That is indeed a good point sir.

Gravy should be made from meat juices from the bottomn of the pan only.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There are no such strict rules, friend. Last week I did a lamb shoulder with not only mint, but a rub with chilli, lemon, cumin, garlic rosemary and so on. Kin gorgeous. Only topped by the spuds that were finished off in the lamb fat. Phwoar.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
There are no such strict rules, friend. Last week I did a lamb shoulder with not only mint, but a rub with chilli, lemon, cumin, garlic rosemary and so on. Kin gorgeous. Only topped by the spuds that were finished off in the lamb fat. Phwoar.

That is not a traditional sunday roast... lovely as it sounds.

Please tell me how he tackled the gravy issue???
Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He? Me. Made with the deep dark juices from the pan, natch - hence the fat being scooped off and added to the spuds. Veggie water mixed with half a lamb stock cube for the added liquid.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:38 AM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Do you also have a fat tongue and talk in a mockney accent?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

You will be killed with all the others.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Re: The Sunday Roast Thread.

Quote:

Please use this thread to wax Lyrical about your roast exploits.... but please follow a few basic rules:

Beef = Yorkshire Pudding and Horesradish as standard

Pork = Crackling and Apple Sauce and Hot English Mustard

Lamb = Mint Sauce and peas.

Chicken = Stuffing

Ta
This is the very reason I hate going to a carvery, I can't choose which meat, I end up with two, then the horror of what to put with it, merging say, cranberry for the turkey with horesradish for the beef kills me. Such a greedy cow, next time I'm going for the one meat.

Oh - and the 'chef' put the stuffing ball IN the yorkshire pudding. No no no
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I love a good roast

I make a mean roast potato........I'm going to have sausage and stuffing with mine today

Well let the sun shine on your face
And donít let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: The Sunday Roast Thread.

Quote:
Now the weather has turned I won't have to put up with all these pesky BBQ's
Yeah its been hellish hasn't it. Sunday after Sunday of blazing sunshine, basking in the heat in the garden with friends and a cold beer, with the scent of sizzling dead animal in the background.

I don't know where you've been living, but I think I've had two bbqs all season, and more than my fair share of roasts
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Sussex Eagle [/i
You will be killed with all the others.
Seriously though, fair play for trying something different and for making proper gravy. Not sure, however, that it would be complimented by a yorkshire pudding, or sage and onion stuffing. May I suggest some spiced carrots perhaps, or some braised green beans.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 AM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by sexyrazor
I love a good roast

I make a mean roast potato........I'm going to have sausage and stuffing with mine today
Is Phil coming round to get his fill?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by the digger
Is Phil coming round to get his fill?
I have missed him this weekend.

Well let the sun shine on your face
And donít let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 AM

Re: Re: The Sunday Roast Thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hilltop Meggie
This is the very reason I hate going to a carvery, I can't choose which meat, I end up with two, then the horror of what to put with it, merging say, cranberry for the turkey with horesradish for the beef kills me. Such a greedy cow, next time I'm going for the one meat.

Oh - and the 'chef' put the stuffing ball IN the yorkshire pudding. No no no
I feel your pain sister.

Common problem is emrging of the condiment terror
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
I'm making a roast at the moment. Don't think the crackling has turned out properly, though I'll be making proper Yorkshire puds from scratch and then a gravy from the pork juices.