Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-09-2008, 09:58 AM

MicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Today, we are having half a leg of roast lamb and a whole roast chicken - dinner is for 6 people. I though will not be cooking, just doing to odd bit of supervision.
There will be varied veg - spinach, carrots, broccoli, swede, cabbage, runner beans, peas plus roast potatoes, parsnips and sweet potato
There will also be homemade yorkshire pudding (not traditional with lamb or chicken, but hey what the hell), and bread sauce.
Also anyone who does not make yorkshire pudding and opts for the frozen stuff, should be hung, drawn and quartered.
Hope you all enjoy your roast dinners today - I know we will

Maybe not as wax lyrical as you wanted, but all true.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mmmmmm

Old 07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
As a result of this thread, I've decided to do a Sunday roast for my sis, bro and litle Meg and her mate (LM a veggie).
No idea which meat, probably beef so I can make yorkshire puds.
Will report back later on which meat.
God. I'm looking forward to this!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What will you feed the freak..I mean veggie?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Hilltop Meggie
As a result of this thread, I've decided to do a Sunday roast for my sis, bro and litle Meg and her mate (LM a veggie).
No idea which meat, probably beef so I can make yorkshire puds.
Will report back later on which meat.
God. I'm looking forward to this!
Pay attention MicksSis and MenAtWork. If you want yorkshire puddings, Roast Beef.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by the digger
Seriously though, fair play for trying something different and for making proper gravy. Not sure, however, that it would be complimented by a yorkshire pudding, or sage and onion stuffing. May I suggest some spiced carrots perhaps, or some braised green beans.
It was hardly a first, Bisto just does not do with a proper piece of meat ffs. Didn't need extras either, as long as you've got perfectly cooked meat, taters & gravy nothing else is necessary.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
She'll enjoy the vegetables on offer, probably nut thing from M&S or fish - yes, she eats fish, just not meat. I have to make her roasts seperate and gravy if she's not having fish, or she's happy with the chees sauce. She does put mint sauce on her dinner though. Strange girl.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:44 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm having sheperds pie apparently
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Over the hill.

Oh. Never mind.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Over the hill.

Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
I'm having sheperds pie apparently
So, that'll be with minced lamb then, otherwise, it's Cottage Pie, another thing that bugs me!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No, we are having minced beef.

My house is all fecked up.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Originally posted by the digger
Pay attention MicksSis and MenAtWork. If you want yorkshire puddings, Roast Beef.
Twaddle. Puds go lovely with any meat. Just a shame I didn't have any chives to put in the mashed potatoes.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Another Universe

unsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I love yorkshire puddings but I can never get them consistantly crunchy. Most the time they turn out soft and wet. Help please?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Your oven is not hot enough or you are opening the oven door too much to check on their progress. If you have the heat high enough you cannot fail.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Another Universe

unsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by lanepe
Your oven is not hot enough or you are opening the oven door too much to check on their progress. If you have the heat high enough you cannot fail.
I never open the door until they are done. Have the oven about 220 ish, is that too low?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Over the hill.

Also, it theya re stodgy underneath, the fat is not hot enough, your need it smoking.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Otaku

No, 220 is fine for about 20-25 minutes and then I turn down to about 190 for a further 10 minutes to set the bottoms.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Another Universe

Okay I'll do some experiments later today. Thanks you two
Old 07-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yorkshires are too good to confine them to beef.

We don't have roast on a Sunday, basically because Lynsey cooks an average of 120 roasts for customers on Sundays, so by the time she gets home it's the last thing she wants.

making pizza.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
I am with Ricky today - I was doing curry, but got talked into doing a shepherds pie instead!