Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Ebay Memorabilia Thread

This is a rather random piece:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I can give you a very brief background.

A Palace supporting friend of mine is well into collecting Palace badges, and felt that the club did not produce enough new badges to maintain his interest.

He regularly goes to Russia, Ukraine etc to teach English to russian speaking students, and he speaks both languages.

Over in Moscow, there is a football badge collectors club, and he joined and made a few contacts. Because CSKA Moscow play in Red and Blue, (or did a few years ago) they became his team over there for the long periods he lived and worked there. Being the 'English Guy who supported the London team with the funny name', people wanted to know more and get merchandise etc.

Russians, particularly football fans are very keen on intricately designed enamel badges, and so a couple of designs were made into badges to commemorate the 'friendship' between the two clubs.

These sold like hot cakes, not only over there, but also any that were made available to Palace badge collectors over here.

As a result, for what must be nearly 10 years now, a couple of new badge designs have come out each year featuring the Palace crest. All the badge designs are made in numerous different colour variations, as once you have the die made, changing the sequence of colours is very easy.

Collectors like to have different colour variations of the same badge - can't explain it, but we do!

A lot of the badge design themes have been based on Palace's colours being red and blue, so there have been badges made featuring other teams who also wear red and blue across Europe. By doing this, the badge has appeal to badge collectors of many clubs.

I've got several of all the designs produced so far, and later tonight when I get the time, I'll try to upload some scans of the various designs, if I can work out how the new BBS works.

I'll get my anorak now!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Do clubs over here still sell badges. When I started travelling away in the 60's I used to try and get a supporters club badge at each ground.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Hi teledoja

Football badges are as popular as ever. It's pretty rare nowadays that a badge would be made/sold by a supporters club - nowadays most badges are either

done by the official club shop
done by small stallholders at grounds
produced in limited numbers by collectors - for collectors (and sold via the likes of ebay or on badge forums/ via badge clubs)

Still some very good stuff being produced though - if anything designs are getting better all the time.

As promised, here are some of the 'Russian' Palace badges produced in recent years for those who are interested. Sorry if the image is a bit on the big size, but it needs to be otherwise you can't see them properly (and I don't know how to resize anyway)

As you can see, there are some schoolboy errors on them - one badge spells our name "Cristal" Palace, and on other badges, the post 1973 "Phoenix" logo is used, even though the badges commemorate a match between ourselves and Zenit from 1972!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 10-10-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
What a great collection
Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 PM

Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?Edmund Goodman  - why do you have to be so good?
Wow! I didn't expect that. Excellent stuff.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Great stuff DE.
I'm always interested in seeing Palace stuff.

Is it true that you shouldn't buy the badges at eBay prices, but contact the seller and make a (much smaller) offer?

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Collecting Palace tat

That's fairly true. Most people selling badges on ebay will have had at least 20/25 made up, so have lots to sell beyond the one listed.

If you 'send the seller a message' via ebay, using 'contact seller' and ask, they will often sell you the badge without you having to get involved in a bidding war.

It saves them money too as your purchase would be done without them paying listing/selling fees

Generally, if you become a regular buyer, you will end up in regular contact with the seller and they will email you whenever something new is produced, offereing it to you at a good low price - sellers rely on having several regular buyers who buy everything new that they produce, meaning that they don't need to sell many on ebay to break even.

The other tip I'd give is that if you see that a badge is a limited edition of, say, 25, why bid silly for it - if it goes over a sensible amount, don't worry, you can usually reckon on another one the same being listed a few weeks later,

or even better, you may get a 'second chance offer' for another identical one, paying what you were outbid on, even though you came second in the auction! (because the seller is happy to accept what you bid for it)

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 11-10-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 17-11-2008, 08:02 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting 1960s memorabilia on now:

I like the idea of the Croydon Advertiser publicising a bit of aggro 'We've got them all on the run' sic.

LFC fansite
Old 17-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
the lyrics were published in programmes from that era anyway , imagine it now .
Old 17-11-2008, 08:54 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru
Interesting 1960s memorabilia on now:

I like the idea of the Croydon Advertiser publicising a bit of aggro 'We've got them all on the run' sic.
Blimey I think I remember those song sheets being handed out at the ground. Wasn't one of the songs (to the tune of Onward Christian Soldiers):

"Onward Crystal Palace to Division One. Goodbye Cardiff City, Charlton, Rotherham" etc?
Old 17-11-2008, 09:22 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just found a copy of this in the book 'We all follow the Palace'.

The song finishes:

Soon we shall be rising
Selhurst Park shall reign
As high as Arsenal's Highbury and Tottenham's White Hart Lane

The song 'We've got them all on the run' is perhaps disappointingly not about the away fans running but about promotion to the First Division to the tune of Bye Bye Blackbird:

We've got them all on the run
First division here we come
Bye Bye Blackburn

Highbury and White Hart Lane get another mention as well.

LFC fansite
Old 31-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
This is brilliant:

Old 31-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Mind your sandwiches

Palace gnome anyone?
Old 31-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Just living my life

nathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenathe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When did God play for us?
Old 31-03-2009, 11:12 AM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There's also the 2002/03 season review on ebay..these go for quite a bit of dosh

Facebook-John S Roberts

Is stuck in the Chit Chat Gold on wishing "wedgy a happy birthday" thread
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle
This is brilliant:

Perfect for keeping a low profile at away games
Old 06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Mind your sandwiches

Just received a mint condition copy of the Semi vs Liverpool for the grand price of £1.94
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathe
When did God play for us?
8th April 1990
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 06-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Collecting Palace tat

I'd love to have one of these in my collection, (enamel pin badge/brooch) however it sold as a buy i now for a mere £945 !!!

Probably to only such one in existence too!

Wonder if one of CPFC2010 bought it?