Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-07-2016, 09:52 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kids today...

So this probably doesn't deserve its own thread but something happened tonight that I wanted to share.

My partners daughter is 14 (we'll call her Emma) and her dad is about to take her to France for a few nights. Unfortunately on Friday afternoon Emma dropped her iPhone down the loo and despite trying rice and silica gel it hasn't come back on.

Anyways tonight Enma was quite upset that it looks like she won't have her phone in Paris and wouldn't be able to take photos while she was there. We tried the whole "it'll be a fab experience" and "you'll love it Anyways" angle but she wasn't having any of it. Anyways we then suggested that we should charge up the digicam for her to take.

She looked slightly aghast by the mere idea and said "why would I want to take the camera?"

Apparently since you can't snapchat / Instagram from the digicam they're not real photos and don't really count. She added that we obviously didn't understand too which was a really nice touch and made me feel like my dad

Gotta laugh at the younger generation...

Anyways so anyone else have any similar stories about how kids today have a crazy view on the world?

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 25-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReps AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The look of horror when we explained that we were going somewhere without wifi
Old 25-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes. My kids desperately wanted to remain in the EU because of the impact it has on their lives once they leave Uni. They believe that 99% of the problems we have are domestically created and took the view that although the EU isn't perfect we have still benefited greatly by being a member and we can improve things by being in it influencing as long as we have the right domestic government.

Old ****ers disagreed even though they won't live long enough to see things through. Those crazy kids eh?
Old 25-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE5eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My kids think that the entire Palace squad live in a shed at the bottom our local recreation ground.

Though they are five. Also, their dad told them that was the case a year ago, whilst they were on the swings looking down at it, wondering what it was all about.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 25-07-2016, 10:07 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Yes. My kids desperately wanted to remain in the EU because of the impact it has on their lives once they leave Uni. They believe that 99% of the problems we have are domestically created and took the view that although the EU isn't perfect we have still benefited greatly by being a member and we can improve things by being in it influencing as long as we have the right domestic government.

Old ****ers disagreed even though they won't live long enough to see things through. Those crazy kids eh?
Old 25-07-2016, 10:46 PM

Georgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blame the adults. They invented the technology. Blame the adults. They're causing all the wars. Blame the adults. They act like children.

Kids are just doing their thing in 2016. There were no iphones when we were growing up and if I remember correctly, half the kids were complete *****. Probably just jacked up on Sugar and Cigarettes.
Old 26-07-2016, 12:08 AM

ExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExiledStirling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In my day we thought of the horror of the previous generation having to go outside to the toilet. Particularly on a cold winter morning having just woken up.

I would have refused to do it and would have pissed in the sink instead.

So I totally understand why she refuses to use a camera without internet connection.
Old 26-07-2016, 12:25 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We went to a family function a few weeks back and I took my Sony digital camera. One of the young guys (about 12'ish) was asked to take some pictures with it.

He gave up after a few attempts and reverted to someones iPhone. Said it was too complicated... I hate what would happen if you gave them a SRL 35mm camera without the auto mode these days!
Old 26-07-2016, 12:27 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
In my day we thought of the horror of the previous generation having to go outside to the toilet. Particularly on a cold winter morning having just woken up.

I would have refused to do it and would have pissed in the sink instead.

So I totally understand why she refuses to use a camera without internet connection.
Having been through this, if it is just a pee you had chamber pots under the bed for this reason.
Old 26-07-2016, 04:08 AM

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This thread makes me smile because as I am writing this, my daughter has just landed (or so I assume) in Seoul in South Korea as part of a Girl Guiding trip.

Prior to their departure, the girls involved made a joint decision to not take any mobiles or similar devices with them because they agreed that since they were relative strangers with each other (each one was selected from her particular girl Guide region and whilst they have met for weekends prior to the trip, it has not been enough time for them to really bond), then they needed to focus on building their team spirit and that by ditching the social media tools, it would give them more impetus to do so.

Now whilst I thoroughly approved of their decision, it is odd because I now have a strange, almost nervous, sensation of not being able to pick up my phone here and ring her direct.

So the whole experience is going to be an interesting one from our point of view as well and whilst I have the utmost faith in the leaders going with them, it still does leave me with a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Old 26-07-2016, 04:19 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
My kids think that the entire Palace squad live in a shed at the bottom our local recreation ground.

Though they are five. Also, their dad told them that was the case a year ago, whilst they were on the swings looking down at it, wondering what it was all about.
To be fair a couple of blokes who look a bit like Ledley and Jedi probably do live in the shed.
Old 26-07-2016, 07:09 AM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Broken Britain
Old 26-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Shit or Bust

Shamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post

64% of young people didn't bother to vote
Old 26-07-2016, 07:24 AM

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not necessarily a bad thing that kids have so many electrical devices and are so IT savvy these days. My boy is still in primary school but is learning about computer coding and writing programs already, and that will stand the kids in good stead for the future which will all be about ICT.
Old 26-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Goats+Monkey Chants

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
The look of horror when we explained that we were going somewhere without wifi
Yep.
Old 26-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Goats+Monkey Chants

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My daughter has decided to be a "You Tuber"....which basically involves vids of her getting out of bed and saying "Hi guys....." or doing her nails, which starts with "Hi guys, today I'm doing my nails.....". Her You Tube channel has 10 subscribers....she was crestfallen to find out her cousin has 197 subscribers....he says its because he makes vids that don't involve him getting out of bed and looking at himself in the mirror.

She is currently making one about her re-decorated bedroom, which has started with the words "Hi guys, just wanted to give you a tour of my bedroom after I re-decorated it....." she has had to restart 4 times because I keep shouting in "You didn't redecorate it, I did, whilst you were in England seeing the grandparents!"

Last edited by Maidstoned Eagle; 26-07-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 26-07-2016, 08:37 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc4evandeva came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess it depends on what you guys are calling kids... I'm 28 and know people my age who live out their lives on social media. In fact, in my job I see people much older than 28 doing the same.

Fairly harmless I guess, but it's not for me.
Old 26-07-2016, 08:48 AM

davech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavech came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCroydon_CPFC View Post
Not necessarily a bad thing that kids have so many electrical devices and are so IT savvy these days. My boy is still in primary school but is learning about computer coding and writing programs already, and that will stand the kids in good stead for the future which will all be about ICT.
In a nutshell.

It's brilliant that kids are being schooled in IT at early ages these days. It is the future, and an early start is paramount. It's definitely a generation thing. I am a relative IT dunce, my only indulgence is the BBS; Facefook and the Twatosphere are not for me, and my 85-year old mother struggles with the TV remote. At the end of the day, all the IT knowledge in the world cannot replace proper learning. IT knowledge supplements other knowledge, it doesn't replace it. I am proud of the fact I can do nine times eight without asking Google. And it would be even better if like most other kids in the world, they could speak another language, other than text-speak and profane

It's all about balance, and not letting it rule your life. It's completely possible to go about daily life with being glued to your electronic devices. I would even go as far as to suggest that life exists outside of them, and you will not spontaneously combust if you put your smart device (or whatever they are now called) down for a few minutes. They need to try when they go to the toilet, for example. Small steps and all that...

And don't get me started about Pokemon Go. Get a LIFE, you sad saps!!
Old 26-07-2016, 09:05 AM

GanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGanbareWashi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kids are far more IT savvy than I am and spend far too much time on their electronics. In order to combat this I am trying to install "Electronic Time limiters" on their phones. No problems in installing Dinnertime on my son's android and it is great as he knows when he can and can not go on his devices. But, trying to instal Screentime on my daughters Iphone is a nightmare (apparently Dinnertime doesn't work with Apple devices ..). Now on day three on trying to instal it and still not completed. Each day I get so far and then she needs her phone to go out with her friends.