Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A Self-indulgent Ale Thread

I have not long returned from my local Tesco, having topped up on a few of life's essentials. Whilst I was there, I spent several minutes going over their selection of bottled ales and was pleasantly surprised to see a good choice of obscure Midlands ales.

There is a brew pub not a million miles from where I now live (the Talbot at Knightwick) and lo and behold Tesco stock their 'Hearth Warmer' winter ale - which I am now supping.

It's not bad, you know...

Anybody else drinking some good stuff this evening?
"...In a nutshell. And I thought to myself, 'a little fermented curd will do the trick'. So I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles."
Old 17-11-2006, 11:18 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not ale, but just starting in on the Edradour Unchillfiltered 10yo malt, in prep for next Friday...

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 17-11-2006, 11:41 PM
MAMIL

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm on the final bottle of four from a Badger selection box. Not a bad selection.
Old 17-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Not ale, but just starting in on the Edradour Unchillfiltered 10yo malt, in prep for next Friday...
Talking of Scottish alcohol... after several fairly average pints I opened a bottle of 'Champion Double Ale' from the Broughton Ales brewery. Don't ever let anybody tell you the Scots don't know how to brew ale!

Looking forward to some hefty tasting notes after next week's bash!
"...In a nutshell. And I thought to myself, 'a little fermented curd will do the trick'. So I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles."
Old 17-11-2006, 11:47 PM
MAMIL

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
Talking of Scottish alcohol... after several fairly average pints I opened a bottle of 'Champion Double Ale' from the Broughton Ales brewery. Don't ever let anybody tell you the Scots don't know how to brew ale!

Looking forward to some hefty tasting notes after next week's bash!
I love Scottish ales.
Old 17-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
I'm on the final bottle of four from a Badger selection box. Not a bad selection.
I do like Badger beers - in fact, Tanglefoot is just about the only ale I'll drink from a can. What was in the selection?
Old 17-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
I love Scottish ales.
I can't say I'm that familiar, but I have to say that Champion Double Ale was a clonking pint!
Old 18-11-2006, 12:05 AM

Tony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
had a lovely hardcore pint of fosters tonight, nice age old touch yeah?
Old 18-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Re: A Self-indulgent Ale Thread

Quote:
...Anybody else drinking some good stuff this evening?
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana
had a lovely hardcore pint of fosters tonight, nice age old touch yeah?
Go away...
Old 18-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sainsburys are currently stocking Caledonian 80/- in bottles, which is fast becoming my favourite.
Old 18-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Is it the beer?

ozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsozieaglesimon is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
tooheys extra dry....... "clean crisp taste" .......... qoite a noice lil oz lager
gr8 reviews too
Scott Perry said,
It’s what i use to get drunk…when i want to get drunk….i am drunk…so i used Tooheys Extra Dry to get here"

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-11-2006, 07:48 AM

LSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearLSEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fear

And it's only 3 hours until my local opens
Old 18-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Deep Joy!

Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, KENT - Also an 'Edenbridge Eagle in Exile'
Dave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDave Nunn has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
I've recently supped a nice Buzzard Dark Ale by the Cotleigh Brewery in Somerset....... V.Nice!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Dave Nunn; 18-11-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 18-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Goats+Monkey Chants

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A bottle of Dragon Stout from Jamaica.
Old 18-11-2006, 11:19 AM

Eaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesmad123 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Black Cullin is my fav scottish ale
Old 18-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sainsbury's are stocking Late Red again! Finest ale ever!

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 18-11-2006, 11:59 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm 5 miles from the badger brewery, often pop in for a selection of their ales..... Fantastic
Old 18-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe elusive k : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I do like Badger beers - in fact, Tanglefoot is just about the only ale I'll drink from a can. What was in the selection?
You can't go far wrong with a glass of Badger ale and the Badger four pack is a great buy.

Tanglefoot
Golden Champion
Golden Glory
and they've now replaced Blandford Fly with the excellent First Gold.

I had a bottle of Shepherd Neame's 1698 the other day. I was suitably impressed considering I normally find their ales a bit "thin".

Also look out for Hepworth's "Iron Horse". Me and my brother couldn't get enough of it during the summer.

Savacentre in Lower Sydenham have been selling St. Austell's "Tribute" lately which I'm well pleased with, a mighty fine beer indeed.
Old 18-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I Havnt a Clue !!

Mighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace aces
Quote:
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
Sainsbury's are stocking Late Red again! Finest ale ever!
Nice !! currently my favourite thirst quencher
Old 18-11-2006, 08:00 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesmad123
Black Cullin is my fav scottish ale
Hebridean Gold for me... same brewery.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'