Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Reggae, Ska, Dub and Dancehall Thread

Partly, I just wanted to start a new thread in the new forum. But Reggey-based tings always seems to get a lot of chitchat going on the BBS so let's have a spliffed-up love in for the stuff.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Great thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh shit im back

holysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnholysheet-espan lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
I have just put a cd in the car of two tone hits, and come back in to find this thread just starting, makes me feel 20 again and gives me urge to moonstomp !

PS twist and crawl what a chooon that is .
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nice.

Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't like it all, but thought I would post in here in the effort to get the music forum to remain
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Turn the bass up and stop staring at your shoes, Monkeyboy
Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Prince Buster classic, Rygin', tribute to Ivanhoe 'Rygin' Martin, shot by the Jamaican police in 1948. From the first Prince Buster LP I bought, 44 years ago

Old 02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
wer der waabbit

IAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS MurrayIAN WALSH FFS Murray
can someone put up 'suzy wong' by nicodemus
Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Tune ROB. What's the train-chugging-long-the-tracks noise so many Reggae singers make called, and who started it?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Mind your sandwiches

Is that Pokemon in the video?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 PM

Dillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter

can't go wrong with a bit of Scientist - up there with Tubby and Lee Perry in my onion.

great youtube clip here :

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Dillenger; 09-04-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Eagle
Tune ROB. What's the train-chugging-long-the-tracks noise so many Reggae singers make called, and who started it?
Cheers. If I ever knew I was probably stoned when someone told me ... given an entree to West Indian house parties in the big houses down Canning and Clyde Roads in east Croydon in 1964, took bottles of Guinness and if you were lucky you got to share a joint and if you were really lucky you'd find out what records were playing (record labels were scratched out to stop rival DJ's finding out who the artists were, just like in Jamaica).

Lay odds it was Prince Buster who was (Orange) streets ahead of the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle
Is that Pokemon in the video?
Indeed. Dutch poster on Youtube seems to have two interests, Ska and Pokemon: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Golden Oldie

Classic early Wailer's hit

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Golden Oldie

Skatalites backing Laurel Aitken

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Cheers. If I ever knew I was probably stoned when someone told me ... given an entree to West Indian house parties in the big houses down Canning and Clyde Roads in east Croydon in 1964, took bottles of Guinness and if you were lucky you got to share a joint and if you were really lucky you'd find out what records were playing (record labels were scratched out to stop rival DJ's finding out who the artists were, just like in Jamaica).

Lay odds it was Prince Buster who was (Orange) streets ahead of the competition.

Indeed. Dutch poster on Youtube seems to have two interests, Ska and Pokemon: To view the link you have to Register or Login
I lived in Clyde Road for a bit
Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
legit

Old 02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Golden Oldie

Had this on a single once