Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Meh, pffft.

cardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
Like your avatar cardiffeagle.
Jolly good

I stole it from Londonfgss...
Old 17-04-2009, 07:18 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffeagle
Carl Craig - Everything he's done
Even the non-techno stuff he's done (like Bug in the Bassbin or his ******* incredible mix of Incognito's "Out of the Blue")? (Apologies for yet more pedantry.)

How about the Derrick May (with help from Stacey Pullen) mix of Inner City's "Praise"? That's definitely in my top 10 choons ever of any style of music ever.
Old 17-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Meh, pffft.

cardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Even the non-techno stuff he's done (like Bug in the Bassbin or his ******* incredible mix of Incognito's "Out of the Blue")? (Apologies for yet more pedantry.)

How about the Derrick May (with help from Stacey Pullen) mix of Inner City's "Praise"? That's definitely in my top 10 choons ever of any style of music ever.
I have the Incog remix on 12"

Yeah, that was more a big up to Craig than 'everything he's ever done is *Techno*'

Pedantry accepted
Old 17-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you gonna call it Techno, know what techno is.

Having said that...

Laurent Garnier - Acid Eiffel
Speedy J - Punnik
Heiko Laux - Silent Bass
Carl Craig - Everything he's done
Blake Baxter - Sexual Deviant
Theo Parrish - Falling Up

I won't continue

Kraftwerk pre-date techno. A major, major influence, but definately not 'techno'.
Their Tour de France album released a few years ago was certainly techno though.
Oh i know what techno is fella trust me! And i don't recall saying Kraftwerk were techno per se, just the fact they heavily influenced the Belleville 3. Apologies for the confusion

I like this young man, because, when he came out
He came out wit the phrase, he went from ashy to classy
Old 17-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
I like the electronic music they play in European discos (and St Martin) but I dont have a clue who it is by. Any advice or youtube links appreciated
Old 17-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Meh, pffft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey
Oh i know what techno is fella trust me! And i don't recall saying Kraftwerk were techno per se, just the fact they heavily influenced the Belleville 3. Apologies for the confusion
Sorry for the confusion also.
I should have put that line in quotes...
Its a sample used on Laurent Garnier's 'Kallit' (and probably loads of other stuff too) but you probably knew that already
Old 17-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Meh, pffft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
I like the electronic music they play in European discos (and St Martin) but I dont have a clue who it is by. Any advice or youtube links appreciated

Last edited by cardiffeagle; 17-04-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:25 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only post what's after the "v=" innit.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Meh, pffft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Only post what's after the "v=" innit.
Safe.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
That's not really it Cardiff, the music is a bit more "dramatic" and psychadelic............err if you get what I mean by my poor explanation
Old 18-04-2009, 01:04 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Possibly stretching the techno boundaries for some, but for me, one of the BIG pioneers of UK techno in the 90s...
Old 18-04-2009, 01:10 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
^^^^ Did any of you guys go to Lost when it was in Brixton? ^^^^

Happy days

Old 18-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Meh, pffft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
That's not really it Cardiff, the music is a bit more "dramatic" and psychadelic............err if you get what I mean by my poor explanation
I was joking darling
Old 18-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Palace chic

kitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnkitticat lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
No tune is better than positive education
Old 18-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Ah...Luke Slater. Used to visit Jelly Jam at least once a week with a mate and Luke played us his pick of the new stuff. Happy days. Nice guy too.
Old 19-04-2009, 08:39 AM

cupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 19-04-2009, 08:42 AM

cupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 19-04-2009, 07:21 PM
moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
Ah...Luke Slater. Used to visit Jelly Jam at least once a week with a mate and Luke played us his pick of the new stuff. Happy days. Nice guy too.
You Jelly Jammy so and so!

He always comes across as a top top bloke in interview. Love him to bits
Old 19-04-2009, 07:27 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
LFO
Old 19-04-2009, 09:56 PM
jft39

Not sure how techno it is but Urban Culture (aka Carl Craig) - "The Wonder of Wishing" is fooking immense.