Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Prog Rock Thread

Just pre ordered the new IQ CD+DVD 'Frequency', Great band that i first saw in 82, I have all their cd's and are still great live, Last week i got the new Pendragon dvd ' Concerto Maximo', I have seen this band well over 40 times, I am seeing them another three times this year, Then in the Summer i have the Fish convention in Leamington Spa, Three days and nights of Fish and friends, This will be a 1,600 sell out for all three days, 'Fish is for Life! , I have seen him solo over a 100 times since 88, Even the wife has seen him with me over 40 times, Thats love.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What's he done since that acting part where he got buggered? I am still a fan but I must confess to not having heard any new stuff for a while and the old stuff hasn't aged well. I'm also still a marillion fan, but post Marbles nothing has really grabbed by attention. Steve H deserves a lot more recognition as one of the best contemporary singers around.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 17-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Fish has done 13 solo albums now, With the latest being 13th Star, Still has a massive following, Sold out Shepherds Bush in November, At the convention there will be people from all over the world, It's a big piss up really.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-04-2009, 09:38 PM

congress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Rick Wakeman is doing a couple of gigs at Hampton Court Palace for one of his old albums "Henrys sixth wives"

It is the only time he is doing it so he is supposed to be pushing the boat out with full orchestra dancers and choirs.Brian Blessed is also doing the narration on it.

Saturday is almost sold out but there were a few left for the friday show if you fancied it.A bit steep though with the cheapest tickets at 57.

Although you could hear the concert free as it is at the front of the palace so sit on the river and i am sure you will hear it fine.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Palace/Panionios

It's going to cost me 50 for three nights of Fish , There are some great young bands coming through as well, Pure Reason Revolution being my pick of the crop at the moment
Old 17-04-2009, 09:58 PM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Pure Reason Revolution being my pick of the crop at the moment
Just got their The Dark Third album from Play.com for a fiver and am really enjoying it. Will have to give the new one a go as well.

I've seen Fish a couple of times in the last two years at Shepherds Bush and he was excellent both times. Wish I could afford the convention, but having been to the Marillion Weekend last month in the Netherlands I'm really too short of cash to consider it right now.

Talking of which, that was, without a shadow of a doubt, the best weekend of music I've ever heard. Marillion were on top form, the Saturday gig in particular was immense and H was such a pro on Sunday night when he was clearly not well. He may have looked poorly, but his performance was top notch. Agree with Shoreditch CPFC that he deserves a lot more recognition.

Also was great to see The Reasoning again in Port Zelande - I really enjoyed them when they supported Fish at Shepherds Bush.
Old 17-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Palace/Panionios

PRR's latest album is excellent, Pendragon are at the Fish convention, The Reasoning were going to be there, but they are abroad, Never been a H fan, So have never really got into them after Fish left, Rothers is still a god though The crowd of us that go to the Fish gigs all over the country are split, Some still go and follow Marillion(A lot went to Holland) and some like myselfs don't, But each to their own, A band that i like that sound a bit like 80's prog, which i love is Credo, they have a new dvd coming out next month.
Old 17-04-2009, 11:09 PM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I only really got into Marillion at the time of the Seasons End album, so for me Fish was the former singer. Didn't stop me following Fish's career from the release of Vigil onwards, and was never one of those that felt the need to take sides, maybe because the split never really affected me, but have always felt closer to Marillion. Having said that, 13th Star is a fantastic album - probably the best that Fish has done as a solo artist.

Talking of Rothers, am also enjoying the new Wishing Tree album and enjoyed their set in Holland very much as well.

Will try and give IQ, Pendragon and Credo a listen at some point.
Old 17-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ok, will buy 13th star and revert.

I'm happy to admit this is a really unhip genre, but anyone who professes to be open minded should give it a try before dismissing.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 17-04-2009, 11:31 PM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
i loved the prog revival in the 80s, Twelfth Night, Pendragon, Marillion etc, ah yes, many a night spent at the old Marquee in Wardour Street
Old 18-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Palace/Panionios

I put on gigs at the Peel in Kingston, Normally once a month, Next week 25th we have The Reasoning 10 (12), In May we Pendragon 10(12), We also have Pallas and Threshold later as well, It's become the Prog venue of London.

Old 18-04-2009, 08:56 AM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
i forgot about Pallas too, might have a wander over to Kingston sometime
Old 18-04-2009, 09:08 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I put on gigs at the Peel in Kingston, Normally once a month, Next week 25th we have The Reasoning 10 (12), In May we Pendragon 10(12), We also have Pallas and Threshold later as well, It's become the Prog venue of London.

How about getting SAGA on?
They are doing loads of european dates in a month or so, but no one over here seems to have offered them a UK gig!
BTW, agree with you about IQ, Pendragon etc.
Old 18-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Palace/Panionios

If SAGA get in touch we can put them on, thats not a problem, The Peel has a capacity of 300 though, In the last year we have had, Pendragon, Twelfth Night, Frost, It Bites, Magenta, Haze, etc
Old 18-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry being dense where is the Peel???

We decide not the EU
This space for rent

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 19-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle
Sorry being dense where is the Peel???

Kingston,

Near Norbiton train station
Old 19-04-2009, 12:02 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 19-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Palace/Panionios

Old 19-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I saw Los Endos and Fragile at the Peel in March. Nice small venue
Old 19-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the reasoning were very good at the marillion convention last month.