Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:33 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilly
HTC support A2DP headphones. Buy a lovely bluetooth headphone adaptor with a built in mic.

Link to some good'uns? Be interested in that.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
for updates on the unofficial beebplayer follow "johnsto" on Twitter.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
Link to some good'uns? Be interested in that.

I have these which are my favs:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Some motorola S9 (I find them uncomfortable alot of people love them) and a set of philips SHB7100 which are also quite good.

You should also check out To view the link you have to Register or Login for hacks and apps.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
To sync contacts you have to use Gmail? WTF!!!
Old 13-05-2009, 07:33 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
To sync contacts you have to use Gmail? WTF!!!
Actually I just used this, I was suddely stumped how to get contacts from my n95 to the Magic, I just exported them to a .csv, imported to gmail and they instantly appeared on my phone, whole process took 2 minutes. Now I have all my numbers in the cloud. You pretty much have to have a gmail account to use the android phone, as I use it for all my mail, was a postitive for me. The gmail client is really nice software.

EDIT: take that back, Vodafone just did my PAC switch and all my numbers have been imported to the text field, LOL.
Old 13-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Claire exported the mac addressbook and it didn't copy any phone numbers that weren't 'mobile' - it's shit like that that 100% puts me off Android.

Oh and the screen on the G1 is not something I'd watch fillums or TV on.
Old 13-05-2009, 09:27 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Claire exported the mac addressbook and it didn't copy any phone numbers that weren't 'mobile' - it's shit like that that 100% puts me off Android.

Oh and the screen on the G1 is not something I'd watch fillums or TV on.
I just manually cut n pasted mine, tidied up names etc, and was odd seeing the android update in almost real time. Now all sorted.

Havent watched anything as I dont have any video in formats it supports, will report back on G2 screen at soem point.

did spend 70p on my first paid for app
Old 15-05-2009, 07:31 AM
snootchie bootchies

iplayer is now working again, hooray.
Old 15-05-2009, 08:46 AM
snootchie bootchies

first FAIL = Vodafone have removed voice dialling app, so no voice dialling via cars built in bluetooth.

Need genius to make app, or hack and say names in American accent.
Old 15-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Ok - discovered a feature on android that beats Iphone - Google talk - sweet
Old 22-05-2009, 09:19 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Ok - discovered a feature on android that beats Iphone - Google talk - sweet
I havent tried this yet, will see if any good. So far all the google stuff has been a joy to use.

Also, new Samsung android looks solid.

Old 22-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

The Gtalk integration is just sweet however the Iphone 3.0 software will be using xmpp for push notifications. xmpp is the technology behind gtalk so here's hoping that Apple drop IM integration into the core OS
Old 22-05-2009, 10:43 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
push notifications

Had to throttle back the defaults for all the notifications on the android, facebook, twitter, email etc was beeping every few minutes, LOL.
Old 23-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
I havent tried this yet, will see if any good. So far all the google stuff has been a joy to use.

I'm liking the look of that a lot! My contract is up the month after that so That is almost definitely what I'll be getting.
Old 26-05-2009, 07:40 AM
snootchie bootchies

Am loving the mash up integration, bardcode scan or manually search a product, phone geo locates you, lists local stores by price, hold finger on store information, satnav plots route. Pretty sweet.
Old 26-05-2009, 06:35 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf

Now that does look pretty.
Old 26-05-2009, 06:57 PM
South Herts Eagle

leelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleelouca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash
I'm liking the look of that a lot! My contract is up the month after that so That is almost definitely what I'll be getting.

WOW 40 Gig memory
Old 28-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

wow - just wow

OK - now I am seriously considering the android phone
Old 28-05-2009, 08:33 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
OK - now I am seriously considering the android phone
Excellent news.

I used google talk yesterday, works great. Also, new Donut OS has cool features.

Old 28-05-2009, 09:19 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
paf - how is the battery on your phone. I am getting fed up with the shit battery life on my iPhone.