Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
(Pokes head over the wall.)

Have only really installed Twitroid and ShopSavvy.

Could use some kind of decent note taking application that can link with Gmail quite easily, if anyone knows of one.

(Ducks out of the way of boastful iPhone owners.)
Old 06-06-2009, 07:46 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
(Pokes head over the wall.)

Have only really installed Twitroid and ShopSavvy.

Could use some kind of decent note taking application that can link with Gmail quite easily, if anyone knows of one.

(Ducks out of the way of boastful iPhone owners.)

there are loads of note apps, is there not a tool for this in google mail anyway? why are you ducking out the way, when spotify and flash roll up soon, it'll be the iphone owners crying. Currently I think the android has better phone funtionality, the iphone has more toys (for now).
Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You're right, it shouldn't need to be done. I just get a bit tired of the iPhone fans with the rose-tinted glasses at times.

To be honest with the exception of the battery life I'm very happy with my G1.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Paf, saw your moan on iPhone thread, search aDrink on market place for the beer drinking app
Old 09-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had a look at upgrading my shitty Motorola Razr (which I've had for two years) to a G1. The upgrade price was $350

I'll wait until this contract expires in August and will then buy the new model coming out in October.
Old 18-06-2009, 10:23 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
voice routing now active in maps, you need to install some bits and bobs form the marketplace.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

also, google night sky, is pretty neat if you havent tried it yet.
Old 18-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
wow - android phones, I remember those - lol
Old 18-06-2009, 10:48 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
wow - android phones, I remember those - lol
why are you even posting in this thread, etc, chortle, guffaw.
Old 18-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Payback beatch
Old 18-06-2009, 10:52 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Payback beatch
you still considering jumping ship if spotify & flash dont go iphone?
Old 19-06-2009, 08:52 AM
snootchie bootchies

what tethering solution if any are people using?

I tried android tether app, and everything connects, ip's are issued etc, but browser cant connect. just installed pdanet instead and that works fine, but have to have stoopid usb cable, though this solution is open to you all as you dont need a rooted phone.

To view the link you have to Register or Login if you want to try it, takes 30 seconds to set up.
Old 19-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Do you need an app? I just plug my Touch HD in (on shitty old touchFlo) and it works. Was great for my home PC when switching internet providers
Old 19-06-2009, 09:04 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Do you need an app? I just plug my Touch HD in (on shitty old touchFlo) and it works. Was great for my home PC when switching internet providers
Is the touch HD windows mobile? If so, that shares interweb out the box. For android powered HTC devices you need an app.
Old 19-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Ah, yes it is. That'll be why then
Old 19-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
you still considering jumping ship if spotify & flash dont go iphone?
Not really.

There are some things I really like about it but at the end of the day web browsing is a load of shit and it's a poor substitute for an Ipod in terms of video playback.

If someone did a kick ass piece of hardware I might reconsider but as it stands I'll be all over the 3G S when i can.
Old 19-06-2009, 09:14 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Not really.

There are some things I really like about it but at the end of the day web browsing is a load of shit
Oh I like the browser, and they updated it again recently, I also have ipod style pinch as mine is rooted. I tried iphone browsing, it was much of a muchness.
Old 19-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
Oh I like the browser, and they updated it again recently, I also have ipod style pinch as mine is rooted. I tried iphone browsing, it was much of a muchness.
Seriously paul, I don't mind chatting about android but to post utter shit like this there doesn't seem much point.

Browsing on the android is nothing like the Iphone. To suggest it's of a muchness is laughable.
Old 19-06-2009, 09:32 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Seriously paul, I don't mind chatting about android but to post utter shit like this there doesn't seem much point.

Browsing on the android is nothing like the Iphone. To suggest it's of a muchness is laughable.
LOL, you make the android browser sound like something on a nokia. It works just fine, you can throw pages around the screen, zoom in and out at will, chuck the magnifier around the screen. To say it's 'shit' is hardly very constructive.

I thought both browsers were based on the apple webkit platform anyway? So both have the same origins.
Old 19-06-2009, 05:24 PM
snootchie bootchies

google voice ap now adds mic icon next to google search box and you can speak your google requests. It accepts british accents.

obvisouly, it is rubbish. BBC, works fine, c p f c dot org returned.........

C A F C dork walk

LOL

struggling to see benefit of voice google searches to be honest.
Old 19-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Have to say on the browser front I'm getting to prefer Opera Mini over the default browser.