Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 22-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So, I want an Android phone which one do I go for?

I can get a free G1 Black from T Mobile. Is that a goodun or is it best to shop round for something else?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by lanepe; 22-06-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 22-06-2009, 12:38 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Under no circumstances go for the white G1, the keyboard is difficult to read under low light. It's a known problem, there is an app that fixes it but it doesn't work with later OS.

I sent mine back and they exchanged it no bother.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 22-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ok, thank you. So which phone would people recommend?
Old 22-06-2009, 01:41 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I needed to upgrade my phone due to an intermittant fault and cracked casing and a G1 is what they gave me.

It's OK, although it hasn't solved the fault of the phone not actually ringing when someone is calling

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 22-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Otaku

Ok, think I am going to go for a HTC Magic.
Old 22-06-2009, 01:51 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
Ok, think I am going to go for a HTC Magic.
I have one, it's great.

I reckon the new Samsung is better though, there are a load of handsets upcoming, but as with everything, there is always a newer/better version around the corner.
Old 22-06-2009, 03:46 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To get a Magic you have to be on Vodaphone (You can buy one instore unlocked for 500 though).

It would appear that there is no sim-free Android phone in the UK as of yet. So it's G1 on T-Mobile or Magic on Vodaphone.
Old 22-06-2009, 03:57 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilly
To get a Magic you have to be on Vodaphone (You can buy one instore unlocked for 500 though).

It would appear that there is no sim-free Android phone in the UK as of yet. So it's G1 on T-Mobile or Magic on Vodaphone.
seen them on ebay for way less than that as unwanted upgrades.
Old 22-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Otaku

I went with Vodaphone in the end as my T Mobile contract is up.

So got the HTC Magic, free phone, 25 a month for unlimited internet and email, 500 texts and 600 minutes.
Old 22-06-2009, 04:10 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
seen them on ebay for way less than that as unwanted upgrades.

Be very careful buying phones from Ebay or Gumtree etc.... they quite often sell them and then report them stolen a month or two later and claim on insurance.
Old 22-06-2009, 04:15 PM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
I went with Vodaphone in the end as my T Mobile contract is up.

So got the HTC Magic, free phone, 25 a month for unlimited internet and email, 500 texts and 600 minutes.
welcome to the club.

that's a good price, was that 18 months?
Old 22-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Otaku

Thank you.

24 months but hey ho. By then I might have worked out how to use it.
Old 22-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
I'm feeling a bit meh about my G1 at the moment. Force closes apps a lot, seems more sluggish these days on the home page (although I did download Open Home, but how could that make so much of a difference) and sometimes the home page force closes as well.

A lot to like about this phone but it's acting up a bit.

A friend of mine was offered an Iphone by T-Mobile recently. 35 quid a month but you get it through T-Mobile Germany. Mulling over asking them about it.
Old 22-06-2009, 06:00 PM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookiebear
I'm feeling a bit meh about my G1 at the moment. Force closes apps a lot, seems more sluggish these days on the home page (although I did download Open Home, but how could that make so much of a difference) and sometimes the home page force closes as well.

A lot to like about this phone but it's acting up a bit.

A friend of mine was offered an Iphone by T-Mobile recently. 35 quid a month but you get it through T-Mobile Germany. Mulling over asking them about it.

you are running cupcake I assume? Have you installed advanced task manager lite, it may be that you have shit loads of apps running in the background.
Old 22-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Otaku

Are all the apps in the Android Market? I cant see that many there compared to what you guys have been talking about. For example I cant see the advanced task manager there.

Old 22-06-2009, 06:12 PM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Are all the apps in the Android Market? I cant see that many there compared to what you guys have been talking about. For example I cant see the advanced task manager there.

no, they dont keep the web version up to date, I dont know why. Plus there are apps not on the market place you can install if you tick the box in settings to allow unofficial apps.

most apps need to be installed via the phone

I have installed
twidroid
beebplayer
last.fm
streamfurious
voice dialling
voice google
toggle blu
coloroid
wordup
labyrinth
solitaire
maths workout
orbs knockout
teeter
abduction
backgrounds
chains
google talk
facebook
hi aim
movies
metal detector
pdanet
pdfviewer
shop savvy
tunes for android
wifi tether
sky map

Old 23-06-2009, 10:02 AM
snootchie bootchies

Flash landing on Android in October. There is already a flash hack leveraged from the Hero Android phone in the wild.

Also Spotify Android is looking at a summer release, will be jumping on that, even if you have to pay.
Old 24-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
you are running cupcake I assume? Have you installed advanced task manager lite, it may be that you have shit loads of apps running in the background.

Downloaded this and it has helped loads, cheers
Old 24-06-2009, 12:35 PM
snootchie bootchies

I may havebeen a tad harsh on the HTC Hero, looks a bit better than the early shots.

Old 24-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
My eyes, my beautiful eyes...