Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
I'm looking for someone with an interest in German football to work with me on the German version of my management game, Retro Football Boss, provisionally titled "Klassischen Fussball-Trainer".

I have the basic player data for the history of the Bundesliga (all divisions), but it does need some cleaning. For instance, where a player left the Bundesliga for a few years and then came back, the club he left for and came back from need to be populated, and also where a player joined the league later in his career from a small regional club the team needs to be populated.

I'll also need help with the language translation and other bits of research on the German leagues to make it as realistic as possible.

If anyone on this thread is interested or knows someone on the BBS/elsewhere who might be, let me know.
Old 20-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
A few early screenshots from the German version. Have sorted the data out so now just looking for someone to help with translation, I can probably work most of the UI text out but the commentary is tricky...

Old 20-08-2016, 01:16 PM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can give you a hand with the UI translation, if you like. Just p.m. me.
Old 21-05-2017, 03:30 PM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stuttgart and Hannover promoted to the 1. Bundesliga.
Werder Bremen Wolfsburg play Braunschweig in the playoff game.

Last edited by JimmyAG; 21-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 21-05-2017, 03:49 PM

stigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestigsdad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wolfsburg are the playoff team not bremen, I was at Hannover 96 vs, Stuttgart last weekend 49000 fans and no trouble before or after the game a credit to football plus a amazing game end to end. Well done Hannover 96
Old 21-05-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigsdad View Post
Wolfsburg are the playoff team not bremen, I was at Hannover 96 vs, Stuttgart last weekend 49000 fans and no trouble before or after the game a credit to football plus a amazing game end to end. Well done Hannover 96
Sorry! Meant Wolfsburg, typed Werder!
Old 21-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigsdad View Post
Moving to Stuttgart soon, so will be nice to see both teams in the BL next season.

Last edited by JimmyAG; 21-05-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 21-05-2017, 06:21 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
RB Leipzig v Bayern the other week was so good

watching more German football next season, it's class
Old 16-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
RB Leipzig v Bayern the other week was so good

watching more German football next season, it's class
It's the best league in Europe for atmosphere and entertainment.
Old 16-06-2017, 08:32 PM

Blackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceNI View Post
It's the best league in Europe for atmosphere and entertainment.
Not so sure, depends on the clubs you're going to watch. No disrespect but for me Selhurst Park is second to none.
Old 17-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally I go to watch Hamburg which for me is one of the best, but the vast majority of grounds in the Bundesliga, and 2.Bundesliga are some of the best on the continent. As much as I'd love it too, Selhurst doesn't come close to most German stadiums.
Old 25-11-2017, 06:56 PM

Wow, just seen highlights of the derby between Dortmund and Schalke. Dortmund were 4:0 up in the first half. Then Schalke managed 4 goals in the last 30 minutes!!
Old 26-11-2017, 04:48 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceNI View Post
Personally I go to watch Hamburg which for me is one of the best, but the vast majority of grounds in the Bundesliga, and 2.Bundesliga are some of the best on the continent. As much as I'd love it too, Selhurst doesn't come close to most German stadiums.
Effectively my stag do, or at least going to Chile party, was in Hamburg. Beer in the seats was a nice touch.
Old 26-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Leverkusen finally picking up after an awful start. I put it down to them switching to wearing the Red Away kit as the Home kit now. The bloody Black Home kits they have had the last couple of years have been a curse. Play Dortmund at the BayArena next weekend.

Bayern lost in Mönchengladbach yesterday giving everyone else a chance. Leipzig I was surprised to see have climbed back up to second. I did wonder if they might be a bit of a one season wonder after last season.

Hamburg struggling again. Surely this has to be the yesr they go down at last? They have been clinging on by their fingertips for about 5 or 6 years now. Stuttgart went down and came back up so no club is too big.
Old 26-11-2017, 01:20 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post

Hamburg struggling again. Surely this has to be the yesr they go down at last? They have been clinging on by their fingertips for about 5 or 6 years now. Stuttgart went down and came back up so no club is too big.
Incredible that Hamburg are still the only club never to be relegated from the top flight, if you told that to someone who was new to German football and didn’t know it’s history they’d think you were taking the piss.