Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 22-07-2009, 02:58 PM
The Usual Suspect

El Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Aguila : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle
What a load of cock.

It is only interested in artists and record companies who are prepared to stump up the entry fee.
Is there an entry fee?
I don't think that's a very good idea.
Old 22-07-2009, 04:22 PM

UEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter SimpsonUEAgle scores more often than Peter Simpson
Some good albums in there, I'm surprised White Lies and The Maccabees weren't on the list.

I think Florence will win.
Old 22-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The music industry has a chance to do the right thing here, I hope they will
Old 22-07-2009, 10:20 PM

Tomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
White Lies is a load of wank.

I don't like them.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:21 PM

eagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
If Speech Debelle don't win then the whole thing is a fix.

Head, shoulders, body above the others.
Listened earlier - wasn't bowled over, but will probably give it another go.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:23 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Oh and check out the front page of the Indy
Old 22-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Thanks Baldy
Old 22-07-2009, 10:37 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thanks Baldy
Old 23-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Occasional Member

PJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Either The Horrors or Friendly Fires deserve to win.

Although as others have said, White Lies and Doves (maybe the Maccabees too) should've been on the list - Glasvegas and La Roux are completely overhyped.
Old 23-07-2009, 11:49 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila
Is there an entry fee?
I don't think that's a very good idea.
Yes. And I agree, it's not.

Hands off to the PR dept who have made this junket somehow a noteworthy event.

I saw Florence and the Machine supporting Blur... words failed me.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 23-07-2009, 06:06 PM

Kevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
Friendly Fires to win it for me there album is awesome

but no White Lies or Doves is shocking

how Florence and the Machine got on there i don't know there album is dreadful
It obviously takes all sorts. I tried to listen to the White Lies album and was so bored by track 5 or 6 that I had to turn it off. It did absolutely nothing for me.

I think Lungs (FATM) is aces though!
Old 23-07-2009, 07:08 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Lizzy can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
WTF is that Speech Debelle shite?
Old 23-07-2009, 07:17 PM

eagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle
I saw Florence and the Machine supporting Blur... words failed me.
Because you thought she was shite or because you thought she was good?
Old 23-07-2009, 07:59 PM

Kevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevin T : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That's what I was wondering
Old 23-07-2009, 08:06 PM

lewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got to be Kasabian for me
Old 23-07-2009, 10:15 PM

Tomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Horrors still my favourites.

Probably quite hypocritical but I dislike White Lies after they changed the band name, sound, style and various other bits and pieces to make it big and more commercial.
Old 23-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandPJJY is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo
Horrors still my favourites.

Probably quite hypocritical but I dislike White Lies after they changed the band name, sound, style and various other bits and pieces to make it big and more commercial.
They are completely PR hype/manafactured/commercial ect ect but Fear of Flying were pretty s**t to be fair...
Old 23-07-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJY
They are completely PR hype/manafactured/commercial ect ect but Fear of Flying were pretty s**t to be fair...
Yes.

However, I am a complete hypocrite because The Horrors management spentú40k on being on the front of NME and to get good coverage when there first album came out.

They were shit then and they are good now so I will let them off.
Old 24-07-2009, 05:44 AM

Lizzy put The Horrors on Spotify but it was too loud for her so she turned it off.
Old 24-07-2009, 05:53 AM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T
Lizzy put The Horrors on Spotify but it was too loud for her so she turned it off.
Could she have not just turned the volume down?

ACAE