Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:25 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone interested in an ultegra 6800 groupset for 500, its had very light use and will come with a brand new chain

Chainrings 52/36
Cassette 11-28
Cranks 170mm long
No BB

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 12-10-2017, 01:39 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can anyone recommend some good gloves for winter bike commuting into London?
Old 12-10-2017, 01:42 PM

KP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the door
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
Can anyone recommend some good gloves for winter bike commuting into London?
Endura nemo for when it gets really cold and/or wet. Made from neoprene so they can get a little sweaty but doesn't bother me when I have warm hands. Also make sure you put them on inside when your hands are warm.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:28 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Totally agree, nemo's are amazing if you don't mind a bit of sweat

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 13-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Spunky will be cross with me for promoting wiggle, but these To view the link you have to Register or Login did me great through the winter last year.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 13-10-2017, 12:07 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Remember i have your bike here Steve

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 22-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Does anyone, perhaps spunky, know the name of the piece to which you attach the mounting bolt of your rear derailleur? The metal bit that goes inside the frame and has a sticky out bit that limits the travel of the little black screw? It doesn’t come with a new derailleur, that bit, does it? You buy it separately, I believe.
Old 22-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Does anyone, perhaps spunky, know the name of the piece to which you attach the mounting bolt of your rear derailleur?
Mine is called Eric.

I believe it is normally called a ‘hanger’

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 22-10-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 22-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
THank you and, how do I know which one I need? Mine has snapped.
Old 22-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
THank you and, how do I know which one I need? Mine has snapped.
Ask Spunky?
Old 22-10-2017, 05:05 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

What bike is it EL AG?

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 22-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Middle class left.

It’s an Orbea Carpe, from 2010 I think?
Old 22-10-2017, 05:21 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Does it look like one of these?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 22-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
What bike is it EL AG?
Please tell me it is called a hanger Spunky, I will die a happy man.
Old 23-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Middle class left.

It looks exactly like this: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Middle class left.

Found one, in Madrid, cheers all. It’s called a pata de cambio, Blind.
Old 23-10-2017, 05:29 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
It looks exactly like this: To view the link you have to Register or Login
That's really weird one!

And Blind, yes it's called a hanger

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 24-10-2017, 04:53 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Just paid for the 2018 Etape du Tour ... Any other BBS in yet?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:55 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Do not get me started on Wiggle. Right now they are in my baddest of books ever!
Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Spunky, just sent you a PM for some advice, not sure if you have PMs on as it seems to have disappeared. I sent you an email too (via the BBS). Don't want to put it up here yet as am in dispute but would be very appreciative if your expert opinion from a fellow Palace fan (even if I did once defend Halfords for fixing a spoke on my Boardman - sorry I was newly into bikes and didn't know any better)