Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Thank you Steve.

Remind me how many points you have on your licence?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Semper Idem

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Thank you Steve.

Remind me how many points you have on your licence?
Six: but then I never claimed to be whiter than white.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 26-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Six
Best not lecture those with none then.

Better still, listen to them.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Best not lecture those with none then.

Better still, listen to them.
Good point. I shall follow your example and get a speed camera detector so I don't get caught.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 26-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good point. I shall follow your example and get a speed camera detector so I don't get caught.
Extending Maz's logic, I have never had any points (lapsed or otherwise), so does that all mean you have to listen to me.

I wouldn't presume to lecture however so you are all quite safe.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Anyway, back on topic, I am more likely than not to be in.

How does one get to Richmond, I don't fancy cycling 15 or so miles if I have another 37 at the t'other end.

are bikes allowed on trains outside of the rush hour.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-08-2009, 10:51 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Anyway, back on topic, I am more likely than not to be in.

How does one get to Richmond, I don't fancy cycling 15 or so miles if I have another 37 at the t'other end.

are bikes allowed on trains outside of the rush hour.
Get the train from Hampstead Heath, it goes straight to Richmond, seen many bikes on the trains.
Check the rail website though, as that line is often closed for works on Sundays.
Old 26-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike
Get the train from Hampstead Heath, it goes straight to Richmond.
I hate that train. I get it every Saturday the other way (I play football at Victoria Park).

I suspect though it is the only solution. And there are always bikes on it.

EDIT - yes, bloody good point on the maintenance.
Old 26-08-2009, 10:54 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Extending Maz's logic, I have never had any points (lapsed or otherwise), so does that all mean you have to listen to me.

I wouldn't presume to lecture however so you are all quite safe.
Me neither

I would, and will.
Old 26-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
37 miles sounds a long way to me, with kids in tow. (even by myself tbh) 3-4 hours a decent estimate?
Old 26-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Happy Felix Day!

I was working on an estimated 15 mph speed (relaxing) so 2-3 hours. With kids it will be slower I would have thought.

Also I was assuming if we were all together we might stop for refreshments.
Old 26-08-2009, 11:02 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry, Adlerhorst:
LONDON OVERGROUND, RICHMOND TO STRATFORD LINE: On Sunday 6 September, suspended between Richmond and Stratford. Please use the District line between Richmond and Gunnersbury. Replacement buses operate between Gunnersbury and Hampstead Heath, and between Gospel Oak and Stratford.

Don't think they'd let you on the bus with a bike.
Old 26-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Dammit - so cycle down to Waterloo and train from there.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:

Never is an excellent achievement and you should feel proud.

So yes, we should listen to you. and ignore Steve, whose convictions are still a matter of public record and is therefore not fully rehabilitated into decent society.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I never ever drive any car with a safety camera detector.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Maz - please see note on Cyclist Scum thread.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Maz - please see note on Cyclist Scum thread.
Mine says 367 pages.

You might need to be more precise.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 09:12 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maz, with all due respect could you **** off from this thread, it doesnt concern you and you are behaving like a little child

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy
37 miles sounds a long way to me, with kids in tow. (even by myself tbh) 3-4 hours a decent estimate?
Its pretty flat vendy. I have done it the last couple of years and am considering turning up on the day and riding this year.

There are 2 bits that were slightly more difficult there is a hill that can catch you unawares nearer the end. Last year it was also windy, so the last stretch into Windsor was a bugger as it was open and the head wind was strong.

If you feel knackered just take the shorter option halfway in, you dont have to state which one you are doing, the price is the same, so make the decision en route.

It is a nice morning out though.

Bikes are ok on the trains though for the day. Last year I drove to Richmond and got the train back from Windsor to richmond. The year before train from Croydon via Clapham to Richmond, driving was much more preferable.