Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
And another thing - and I did mention this on the other thread to give you a chance - who said anything about 'day'?
Whether it was 'day' or not is not relevant. What is relevant is that you were not talking about a time when there was no traffic. And if you are now suggesting you were, that is disingenuous in the extreme.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 27-08-2009, 03:33 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I didn't even say that.

I do not 'consistently ride' - as Idiot Spunky said - 15% below the speed limit.

Where I can, I ride on the speed limit.

Idiot Spunky's claim come solely from Steve the Liar's dodgy maths, and nothing else.

Shall we merge this thread now?

No what should happen with this thread is all the shit caused by uou should be split placed into the other thread and this one be left for people who want to do the L2W ride to arrange

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-08-2009, 03:34 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
To be fair, he didn't. He said he could average 15% below the speed limit without ever exceeding it.
Ahh fair enough, i'd love to see him do that on the roads

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Whether it was 'day' or not is not relevant. .
Really?

a) You were the one who mentioned it and
b) there is a vast difference in journey times to London depending on the time of the journey.

Disappointed in you Steve.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I didn't even say that.

I do not 'consistently ride' - as Idiot Spunky said - 15% below the speed limit.

Where I can, I ride on the speed limit.

Idiot Spunky's claim come solely from Steve the Liar's dodgy maths, and nothing else.

Shall we merge this thread now?
(a) could you please point out where I have lied.

(b) could you please explain what was dodgy about my maths, rather than simply asserting it is dodgy.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

or by texting CPFC16 5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 27-08-2009, 03:37 PM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Well fek off Steve. And I look forward to saying that to your face.
Mazzy is getting testy today. Good work everybody, keep it up.

Walter Benjamin
Semper Idem

Ah, good Professor Clapham Rover has joined us; this thread is well and truly dead.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Semper Idem

Quote:
(a) could you please point out where I have lied.
In claiming you have evidence that I break the speed limit.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Old 27-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsmccan

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Really?

a) You were the one who mentioned it and
b) there is a vast difference in journey times to London depending on the time of the journey.

Disappointed in you Steve.
Context, Maz, is everything. You said the same journey would take you 50-70 minutes by car. That clearly suggests a reasonable level of traffic.

I am very disappointed in you Maz.

Last edited by stevek; 27-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I seem to remember you base that assumption on the fact that I have a big and powerful bike, and therefore - in your head - cannot resist using being tempted to use that speed and power.

Which is rather like saying that anyone who owns a big kitchen knife is equally likely to be tempted to break the law and stab someone.

A daft argument at the best of times.
Even my mum goes over the speed limit sometimes in her little Corsa. She is an old woman. Then again by the way you come across you could probably be described as the same!

There is no way on this earth you can state that you never go over the speed limit, because it would be a complete lie. That is why you have not answered my question. That is why I am calling you a liar (because you are trying to have people believe you do not without stating it). By admitting doing it, your whole PETTY (and stupid) argument goes out the window, because speeding is breaking the law and it is more dangerous than a cyclist running a red light.

Still you carry on Maz, you are comical if nothing else.
Old 27-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
In claiming you have evidence that I break the speed limit.
I have evidence that suggests to me that you break the speed limit; and that I contend other (NB - not necessarily all other) reasonable people could come to the same conclusion. Therefore that was not a lie.

Old 27-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I am very disappointed in you Maz.
Difference is that I am not joking.

Mainly disappointed in that I thought I could have counted on your integrity as a BBS poster, one of the few who I thought could be counted on to not bend the truth to make a point.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maz taking pleasure in killing a charity ride thread. What a nice "man" you are.

Last edited by Newts G; 27-08-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Semper Idem

Quote:
I have evidence that suggests to me that you break the speed limit; and that I contend other (NB - not necessarily all other) reasonable people could come to the same conclusion. Therefore that was not a lie.
You have no evidence.

Speculation is not evidence. It is opinion.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G
Maz taking pleasure in killing a charity ride thread. What a nice "man" you are.
I'd say Steve is the one pursuing the argument on here.

But oh yes, he's a cyclist and can do no wrong.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
You have no evidence.

Speculation is not evidence. It is opinion.
The information is evidence.

But your disingenuity is shining through as usual. You won't say what's dodgy about my maths, but instead you start to try and suggest your journey took place when there was little traffic. Yet your original post compared with a car journey time that would have been much shorter had there been no traffic.

Old 27-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I'd say Steve is the one pursuing the argument on here.

But oh yes, he's a cyclist and can do no wrong.
I can do lots wrong. I have never claimed anything else.

But well done for avoiding the issue by attacking me instead. Now what's the name for that kind of posting and who says it's a bad thing...

Old 27-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
But well done for avoiding the issue by attacking me instead..
Calling you a cyclist is 'attacking' you?

Well you said it...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ