Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-11-1999, 10:28 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Your best EVER Palace moment?

I don't mean a whole game, but a single particular thing. Was it seeing us come out of the tunnel for the Cup Final? Or Wright's first goal in that game? Perhaps it was nothing to do with a "big" game?

For me, although the first brought tears to my eyes and the second left me in a real state, I think my best moment has to be Hopkin's last minute goal at Wembley. I've replayed that moment more than any other on video: the Palace end sounded so wonderful - we were almost screaming rather than cheering; the noise was fantastic, and then as if scoring wasn't good enough I looked at the clock and we were SECONDS from the end! At the same time I remembered the numbness from the year before, and the silence in our end, and instantly thought that how I felt was how Leicester must have felt then. Also, it was a brilliant goal in itself, and Clive Tyldesley in his commentary described it as "a fantastic
goal by one of the Nationwide league's outstanding players." Misty-eyed time!

Any others?
Old 04-11-1999, 11:14 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
It is yet to come,When we get out of the mess we are in now !
Old 04-11-1999, 11:25 PM
Well nobody's perfect

northernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weed
The win at Highbury when johnny salad scored twice meant a lot to me personally as I was getting over ex-girlfriend who supported the arse. Ace drink-up afterwards in Firkin where we put the wind up Rory McGrath ( an arse micro celeb).
Old 05-11-1999, 01:01 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Pardews goal in THAT game.I feel sorry for anyone that wasn't there.I've never seen so many grown men cry!!
Old 05-11-1999, 02:18 AM

James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
1)The whole Liverpool thing was great but standing on the Holte 20 minutes after it was over with my sad brother Pisti just crying my eyes out was the best moment of my life bar none.
2)Geoff Thomas scoring at the Kop end when we beat Liverpool 2-1 then running in front of the entire scouse **** end grinning stupidly.
3)George Ndah's crap overhead kick away at Millwall that Keller threw into his own net for some inexplicable reason. Funny? **** it was!
4)Hopkin's play off equaliser at Wolves. I went ape **** , they went so quiet.
I am sorry to name 4 but there really are many, many more.

------------------
James V

Old 05-11-1999, 04:00 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The final whistle of the 4-3 - WE HAD DONE IT! WEMBERLEE! WEMBERLEE!
Old 05-11-1999, 02:55 PM

Pisti is playing for a contract
Having my favourite jacket dry cleaned 24 hours after the Villa Park affair because James' mascara had run all over it.

------------------
Old 05-11-1999, 03:00 PM

adonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behindadonkis will leave the TV and the radio behind
last minute of normal time palace - sheff utd at wembley hopkin picks up the ball edge of the box curls it up and over the keeper top corner. WE R GOIN UP SAID WE R GOIN UP!!!

------------------
eat healthy live healthy excercise daily, die anyway!
Old 05-11-1999, 08:49 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
I'm with Neil here. The agony of screaming at the ref to blow the whistle, then when he did, the realisation that were were in the bloody cup final!
Old 05-11-1999, 10:41 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
My chest hurt for days after that! and I couldn't talk for a week!!

------------------
I can't breath Kev,Call an ambulance please!!
Old 06-11-1999, 03:40 AM
I've got a 5 year plan...

Spikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Along with many of you, when the final whistle blew at Villa Park and Palace were in the cup final it has to be the most exhilerating moment. The manner of the victory against the best team in the land having been thrashed earlier in the season just made it a fantasy.

------------------

Old 06-11-1999, 05:39 AM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i agree with adonkis it was a great moment and as i went to the final the year before against leicester it was an amazing contrast as we all cried for different moments.

------------------
Old 06-11-1999, 05:57 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is hereMat ov CPFC Sam the man is here
Got to go with Little Al on this one. The game meant so much to me as I had been at Anfield for the 9-0 and to turn it around on them in the Semi-final was the stuff dreams are made of.

In fact that whole season was like something out of a film. When these middle class tossers go on about 'Fever Pitch' I want to scream. That season, written down, would show those tossers what being a real supporter was all about.

------------------
Shit on the Brighton !

Old 06-11-1999, 10:40 AM
Stuck in America

jamesy is playing for a contract
I have to say that football wise it has to be Hoppo's goal in the 90th min. and the last 15 mins where we got behind the team in a way I have never witnessed before.

Non-football wise has to be the atmosphere created at victoria outside the pub before Wembley. It was outstanding and all the tourists going by in buses and coaches must have thought what a crazy bunch we were!!!!
My American girlfriend had come over and she just couldn't believe all the drinking and singing.......in the end I had her singing her heart out!!!!! TOP DAY OUT!!!!!

------------------
Old 07-11-1999, 06:38 PM

ammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Marky's goal agains scouse at villa park after pembo's excellent run.

That aside - who remembers the lap of honour after we won the zds cup?

If my memory serves me right, our half of wembley was packed long after the final whistle, whilst the everton half was completely empty. The lap of honour seemed to have been milked (rightly so) and Stevie was walking round holding the hand of little Mark Coppell (golden eagles membership no 0001). I remember being happy about this as i felt Stevie should have enjoyed Villa Park more rather than running straight into the dressing room). Anyway, back to after the ZDS cup - I seem to remember that after the players had gone round the palace end and were heading towards the tunnel end which was deserted, the went on to the pitch and lined up on the goal line and did a silly jig for the fans which was very funny at the time, but now seems surreal. Did I imagine this, or does anyone else remember this incident?

Aidan

------------------

Old 08-11-1999, 09:08 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
All great moments but then from the very first moment that you meet up with other Palace fans on matchday right through to the final whistle every time is great.

For the past 2.5 months i have been in the States and yes i miss my family and yes i miss my friends but i miss Palace most.

These great moments are not just created by the players but also the fans. We have some of the best supporters in the world, we must survive to keep these great moment going.

------------------
Old 11-11-1999, 03:53 PM

hs7pb is playing for a contract
Has to be Andy Gray's 3-3 equaliser in the Semi. I was about 10 at the time and when they went ahead I just started crying it meant so much. I was still crying when Gray scored and it was the most unbelievable feeling when it went in. I don't remember much of extra time, somehow it seemed like an anti-climax after that.

------------------
Old 11-11-1999, 04:05 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good call, hs7pb - although as you can see from the above my fav was the Hopkin goal, I clearly remember screaming like a demented thing when Gray scored. What made that goal even more special was that just before that Richard Shaw had blasted high and wide from about 20 yards, and I thought that was it, all over, no Wembley!

------------------

Old 11-11-1999, 04:08 PM

eastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowseastern eagle is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
same game but brighty's equaliser just after half time. First half we just didn't seem to be in it and then........................

------------------
Old 11-11-1999, 04:37 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
There are a few. Andy Grays equaliser in the Semi. I was 13 at the time and right behind the goal. Liverpool had just turned the tie round in about 4mins. I was almost in tears. All the Liverpool fans were up the fence waving the scarves singing "you'll never walk alone." Up popped Andy Gray and I was up that fence in secoinds giving it to them all. Their faces were a picture.
Hoppos goal at wembley. Myself and a mate everytime "stevie Coppells Red N Blue Army" was fading out we'd start it up again and listen to it spread around our half of Wembley- which was very satisfying. I sort of feel I helped play a part in the goal- as we all did.
The Duke Of York-meets- 9am til- kick-off.

Leading Scum U 3-2 in the FA Cup Final, winning the ZDS. I feel so fortunate to witness the best moments in Palaces history.

I think I'm going to cry..... ;0

------------------
Free Matthew Rose