Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-10-2009, 11:28 PM

crystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Belkin g wireless adapter help

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a Belkin G router and wireless network adapter, it has been working fine for years. However a day or so ago the network adapter that is in the usb drive of our desktop has stopped picking up the router so we cant connect to the internet. Have checked all settings and all appear to be fine. I know it isnt a router problem as my laptop with wireless built in is connecting to the router fine......

Does anyone have any suggestions at all as it is driving me mad!

Thanks in advance
Old 18-10-2009, 11:32 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does your router have a feature to allow only 'trusted' connections? IF so, you could try allowing all connections and seeing if this makes a difference?

Perhaps (somehow) it's lost the trust (usually setup by adding your MAC address to the trusted workstation settings of the router)
Old 18-10-2009, 11:35 PM

crystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninecrystalclare keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Yes it does, I have tried that as well.

This might be a silly question but what is a MAC address?!?!
Old 18-10-2009, 11:37 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
MAC address is a unique series of letters/numbers which will be specific to your network card.

You can see your MAC by going

Start > Run

type cmd
click ok

then type ipconfig /all

you'll then see all your network interface info (IPs, etc) and their MAC addresses - a typical MAC would be something like

00-24-2C-B4-AF-FA
Old 18-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Ah right, thanks for that. Will give it a go and see what happens.
Old 19-10-2009, 12:05 AM

Away Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is here
In order of immediacy:
Put them next to each other and use a cable.
Get a new network card/use Homeplug (I did this for about a year until I ...)
Put Cat6 wiring in when you rewire your house

The older 14mb/s Homeplugs are probably going for nothing nowadays on ebay (mine are sitting unused on top of a cupboard) and are probably just as fast as your internet connection anyway.

Last edited by Away; 19-10-2009 at 12:09 AM.