Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 30-09-2010, 07:36 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
Unless you reset someones password, or interrogate the MySQL database directly, or packet sniff the server, or Dave installs a VBulletin patch to enable it, or restores a backup copy elsewhere and interrogates that, or you obtain the password using the mod panel option to search by password, or... etc. etc. etc.

At least one mod is on record for using at least one of the above methods to read PMs in the past...

Kiddies don't let them fool you - your PM's are not a secret, safe or secure medium, never put anything private, secret or confidential in your PM's.

And don't forget that your REP given and received can be, and is read by the mods very easily.

Now go and enjoy the brilliant BBS with your eyes open.

I have no idea what you say is true not. However if it is to expect every mod not to look at private PM's is hard to believe.

They should feel ashamed if they are.
Old 30-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Well all I know is last year sometime, someone spoke to me about something that I had written in a PM to someone else and I know for a fact that the person I PMd did not say anything to the other person.

Maybe it was just coincidence. That's what I would like to believe
Old 30-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AWFOW is telling the truth, you can bet your mortgage on it.
Old 30-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
AWFOW is telling the truth, you can bet your mortgage on it.
Absolutely, the notion that there is not an ability to read the PMs is frankly ridiculous.

It might not be 'normal course' to, I doubt it makes that interesting reading to peruse Biggins telling me 'I can see you reading the big brother thread' or Crystal Phallus calling me a wanker.

But that ability definitely exists. It probably should do, given there are some nasty shits about. But it is disingenuous to claim it's impossible and naiive to think it's never happened.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ahhh, Evil Negging Heb is back
Old 22-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I was just negged by what appears to be the least popular person on here.

Does a double negative in the world of rep make a positive?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Amongst the Premscum.

Watson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses grow
How many reps do I have to spread before going back to someone I've already repped?
Old 29-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Amongst the Premscum.

Watson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses grow
Is there a cap on reppage over the course of day?
Old 29-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Amongst the Premscum.

Also, handy getting sent back to the post I repped, but can that marker then be removed? Otherwise when I refresh the page after going much further down it'll take me make to the same post.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:06 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalarkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What's my rep power? It says I have 250000 points or something...
Old 29-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey
What's my rep power? It says I have 250000 points or something...
You currently have a Reputation Level of 242,652 and a Reputation power of 2,427 - which means that you will give 2,427 points for a positive Rep and take away half that for a negative strike.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson's My Cat
Is there a cap on reppage over the course of day?
Here's a quick Repping FAQ:

Q) What reputation level do new users receive upon registration?

A) 10 points

Q) How many reputation points does a Moderator/Administrator give or take away with each click?

A) Moderators/Administrators have exactly the same Repping Power as other Users.

Q) Do you receive any additional points after a set period?

A) Yes - but only 1 point of reputation-altering power every 365 days!

Q) How many points of reputation equates to 1 point of reputation-altering power.

A) 100

Q) Do negative ratings count the same as positive ones?

A) No - a negative rating takes away one half of your reputation-altering power.

Q) How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

A) 50

Q) How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

A) 10

Q) How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period?

A) 30

Q)How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? (Note: Moderators are exempt from this limit).

A) 20
Old 29-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Amongst the Premscum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Here's a quick Repping FAQ:

Q) What reputation level do new users receive upon registration?

A) 10 points

Q) How many reputation points does a Moderator/Administrator give or take away with each click?

A) Moderators/Administrators have exactly the same Repping Power as other Users.

Q) Do you receive any additional points after a set period?

A) Yes - but only 1 point of reputation-altering power every 365 days!

Q) How many points of reputation equates to 1 point of reputation-altering power.

A) 100

Q) Do negative ratings count the same as positive ones?

A) No - a negative rating takes away one half of your reputation-altering power.

Q) How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

A) 50

Q) How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

A) 10

Q) How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period?

A) 30

Q)How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? (Note: Moderators are exempt from this limit).

A) 20
Ironically, I would definitely have give you some pos here, but I now know I'll exceed my allowance for the day. Cheers for your help though.
Old 30-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Next year, I reckon we should have negs count twice the power of pos reps
Old 21-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Having an off day

Ferris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How is my rep -8118? I don't remember saying anything controversial and now I have a load of red dots
Old 22-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I once repped Trolley posthumously on a revived thread because I felt sorry for him, and his rep went from red to green immediately.

Bit then it went red again soon after. I think mods have more rep power than they let on.
Old 22-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller
How is my rep -8118? I don't remember saying anything controversial and now I have a load of red dots
On the BBS, you receive -8118 pts for each day of school you miss.
Old 22-03-2011, 01:52 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
You were given a neg rep by someone with a lot of hit points. That was for a post about Christian Bale's accent. It occurred a few hours after you had neg repped them on a heavily political thread. I can't quite see how the two are related in any way but that's the way some people roll.

Perhaps there should be a modification to the system to prevent a score changing by more than 10% at a time in order to prevent cases where a single rep can have such a massive effect.
Old 22-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Having an off day

Ferris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh well, thanks for letting me know!
Old 22-03-2011, 07:39 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh well, thanks for letting me know!

I seem to have super rep