Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-02-2002, 07:22 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else for the baseball event of the year?
Old 27-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
5 spaces left. Places went far quicker last year.

Still, lots of time left.
Old 27-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
I'll get in there in a minute.
Old 27-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im in phew. Phoenix Fireballs.

Dont know bugger all but the D-backs were very inspiring last year If we meet to do an offline draft I'll generally be picking from yahoo's list anyway heh.

Last spot here I come.

I can only do evenings as Im working a new job now and it wouldnt create the right impression

Last edited by Steve in Phoenix; 27-02-2002 at 10:44 PM.
Old 27-02-2002, 10:43 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think last spot has already got my name written all over it. I know nothing about the game, the players....anything to do with the sport (apart from what I read in Charlie Brown comic strips)
Old 28-02-2002, 01:54 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix
Im in phew. Phoenix Fireballs.

Dont know bugger all but the D-backs were very inspiring last year If we meet to do an offline draft I'll generally be picking from yahoo's list anyway heh.

Last spot here I come.

I can only do evenings as Im working a new job now and it wouldnt create the right impression
Evenings are fine. I was thinking about an evening draft at some point in the week commencing Monday 25th March. I'm awaiting the Mrs getting her shifts through for that week to see when I've got a free evening.

Four spots left currently.
Old 28-02-2002, 02:12 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OK, I'm in.
Old 28-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Feather
OK, I'm in.
Sheffield Feathers - are you going to draft a certain Braves' outfielder called Gary?

If you do for obvious reasons I would be more than happy for him to rack up lots of points for you.
Old 28-02-2002, 02:40 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
If you do for obvious reasons I would be more than happy for him to rack up lots of points for you.
Sorry, I must be missing the obvious. Are you a Braves fan?
Old 28-02-2002, 02:55 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Feather
Sorry, I must be missing the obvious. Are you a Braves fan?
Indeedy. Apologies for not making it obvious - I kind of take it forgranted. I might have to bring back the old Braves avatar for a while.

Another of my "I started supporting them in a year where I'd look like a gloryhunter" teams. I started supporting Palace in 1990 and the Braves in 1991.

Does anyone have any problems with availability for meeting up in a chat room or the like one evening for our draft? If so can someone suggest a way for non-participants to draft fairly?
Old 28-02-2002, 03:05 PM

I only use the internet at work so wouldn't be able to participate in an evening draft. I may have to send my draft choices to someone of trust and integrity to do it for me, which is a shame as that is the most fun part of the whole game
Old 28-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Hair by Les Porter

As league commish I don't mind taking lists of wannabe players for participants and taking their players in order. However as you say it is half the fun.

There is part of me which would consider carrying out the draft live on this thread. However that would make it a long and very boring thread, so I'm inclined not to go down that route.

I do have a bit of virtual server space to play with. I'll see if I can quickly draw together a php/MySql system which allows us all to participate one way or another.
Old 28-02-2002, 05:59 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
For the week beginning the 25th March, I would prefer the draft earlier in the week as I will be preparing for the Norwich away / Easter weekend towards the end.
I would also prefer evenings rather than work time (My boss can see my screen from his desk). However, if it is the evening I will have to share a chatroom login with Scotty (Toledo Mud Hens). Hopefully that won't cause a problem. I know for a fact Bettys Boys may have problems accessing a computer and will probably pass his selections to me.

Chatroom/BBS thread - not fussed.
Old 28-02-2002, 07:02 PM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I might have to bring back the old Braves avatar for a while.

GO REDS!!!! HATE THE BRAVES!!!! YOU GLORY HUNTER!!!!
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 28-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Hair by Les Porter

You've gotta love those under-achieving, poor pitching, woefully managed, salary-cutting, half-stadium owning Cincinnati Reds.
Old 28-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Sad Moon Risin'

jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You've gotta love those under-achieving, poor pitching, woefully managed, salary-cutting, half-stadium owning Cincinnati Reds.
I can't find any anti-Braves pictures otherwise you would be in big trouble Mister!! How is the 'project' coming along?
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 28-02-2002, 08:25 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Slowly.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Hair by Les Porter

How about this for an idea... draft by e-mail? I could easily set up a Yahoo! Group for it, no problems at all.

I'd be interested in your opinions.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:32 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Quote:
How about this for an idea... draft by e-mail? I could easily set up a Yahoo! Group for it, no problems at all.

I'd be interested in your opinions.
Forgive me for being thick but how would this work?

I imagine the best idea is to meet in a Yahoo chatroom (can we create one) as we all have a username to get onto it.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

I don't care how the hell you do it Strathclyde Eagle. I just don't care. Another day gone and another day the 'project' isn't finished. I am very disappointed!
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook