Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 06-03-2002, 10:25 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am Daddy's Longs funnily enough.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To subscribe just send a blank message to:cpfcfantasybaseball-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To subscribe via the group page go to:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-03-2002, 10:29 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm cool with this email draft pick. I only have access to email between 9am - 6pm though so if I don't answer straight away you know why....
Old 06-03-2002, 10:52 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

waiting for a poxy verification code to register in the group...........
Old 06-03-2002, 10:56 PM

Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0
I should be in, I'll make sure Mr B Block sorts himself out
Old 06-03-2002, 11:39 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
waiting for a poxy verification code to register in the group...........
Same Here
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 06-03-2002, 11:43 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

na na naaaaa i got mine!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 12:13 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sweet! First pick.

Im in the email list now.. 5 people in there total so there are 7 more to wait for before I can start the draft with the first pick.

BTW - you can see how players are ranked by Yahoo in the league or by following this link:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

One thing Im confused about.. can a RF or a LF play in any OF position? ie/ if you draft three LF's who can only play LF.. you can play them all in the three OF positions in the yahoo team? Or do you have to specifically pick one RF and one LF and one CF each? And is the SS an OF ?

Cheers

Last edited by Steve in Phoenix; 07-03-2002 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:47 AM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
RF, LF and CF are all outfielders and can fit in any OF position. SSs are Shortstops and have their own individual position.

If you are having problems registering with the e-mail group you can send me your e-mail address and I can subscribe you directly.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:13 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
RF, LF and CF are all outfielders and can fit in any OF position. SSs are Shortstops and have their own individual position.

If you are having problems registering with the e-mail group you can send me your e-mail address and I can subscribe you directly.
I would like to correct you Strathclyde. You can not put a left fielder in centerfield in Yahoo, unless you are setting up the leage so they are just called OF, in which case you would be correct. Lets get this cleared up before we start though. I am sure you are correct, but I wanted to make sure first. Better safe than sorry....
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook

Last edited by jlmatthews; 07-03-2002 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:54 AM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Quote:
Originally posted by Scotty
I should be in, I'll make sure Mr B Block sorts himself out
Consider me nagged. My team 'Willie Mays Hayes' (after Wesley Snipes character in the film 'Major League') should now be in the Yahoo Group.
I will be speaking to the team 'Bettys Boys' tomorrow.

2nd choice, now who do I pick??
Old 07-03-2002, 01:16 PM
swinging and missing

Car54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Looks like I'm in now - after several attempts
Old 07-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by jlmatthews
I would like to correct you Strathclyde. You can not put a left fielder in centerfield in Yahoo, unless you are setting up the leage so they are just called OF, in which case you would be correct. Lets get this cleared up before we start though. I am sure you are correct, but I wanted to make sure first. Better safe than sorry....
Apologies, I didn't make the following from the league settings very clear:

Starting Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, P, P, P, P, P, DL, DL, DL, DL.

Therefore you can have any combination of three outfielders in your outfield positions. Hope I've made that clear.

For those people asking what the scoring categories are, here they are:

Statistical Categories (Batters):
Runs
Home Runs
Runs Batted In
Stolen Bases
Walks
Batting Average
On-base + Slugging Percentage

Statistical Categories (Pitchers):
Wins
Saves
Strikeouts
Earned Run Average
(Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched
Old 07-03-2002, 06:32 PM
swinging and missing

Car54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Disabled List

I'm confused by the DL rules.

To clear things up ahead of the draft, do we pick 4 players in any position then elect to put them on the DL ourselves once we've picked the starting line-up for Week 1, or do we have to draft players who are actually on the DL at the moment?
Old 07-03-2002, 07:37 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Quote:
Originally posted by Car54
I'm confused by the DL rules.

To clear things up ahead of the draft, do we pick 4 players in any position then elect to put them on the DL ourselves once we've picked the starting line-up for Week 1, or do we have to draft players who are actually on the DL at the moment?
What happened last year was that you can only put players on the DL if they are in fact listed DL by their team. This will then allow you to go and get someone else to fill their position. Confused? Me too.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:41 PM

what is DL? (apart from an abbreviation of my 'name')
Old 07-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Disabled List. It basically allows you to put an injured player on it, bring in a replacement and you don't really get punished for it.

Some leagues don't use it, or use it sparingly. I put in 4 DL spots so that injuries don't punish teams so much.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Start of Draft

A copy of what I posted i the email list:

I know not everyone is here yet but we better start it anyway. People
can click on Messages to see the message history to catch up. Maybe
we could try copy pasting this into each Draft post so that people
can clearly see how the draft has gone. I'll reverse the standings so
that the most recent draft pick is first.

14) Willie Mays Hayes
13) Phoenix Fireballs
12) Strathclyde Eagles
11) Daddy's Longs
10) The Toledo Mud Hens
9) smallmarketloser
8) Worse Than The Rays
7) EASY NOW
6) Sheffield Feathers
5) Stella Sluggers
4) Might be Giants
3) Bettys Yankee Boys
2) Willie Mays Hayes
1) Phoenix Fireballs - Randy JOHNSON (Arizona)
Old 08-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Hair by Les Porter

I've got the message at work but not in my Yahoo! inbox yet - strange.

That's fine Steve, just one thing though - on even numbered rounds the order reverses. That should actually work quite well in getting a quick turn around in the draft.

The order should then be:

Round 1
1) Phoenix Fireballs
2) Willie Mays Hayes
3) Bettys Yankee Boys
4) Might be Giants
5) Stella Sluggers
6) Sheffield Feathers
7) EASY NOW
8) Worse Than The Rays
9) smallmarketloser
10) The Toledo Mud Hens
11) Daddy's Longs
12) Strathclyde Eagles

(Round 2)
13) Strathclyde Eagles
14) Daddy's Longs
15) The Toledo Mud Hens
16) smallmarketloser
17) Worse Than The Rays
18) EASY NOW
19) Sheffield Feathers
20) Stella Sluggers
21) Might be Giants
22) Bettys Yankee Boys
23) Willie Mays Hayes
24) Phoenix Fireballs

I'll put a summary of each round up here when each round is complete.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:31 PM

Ooh, Randy Jonson gone......

Benny B Block is up? Slugger?