Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover
LOL!!!

Indeed it does lets have the full list of baldy crew members please!!!

DRUNK
From the years you are referring to probably:

Baldy
Greg RIP, 6 years ago this Thursday.
Thirsty
Mark
Colonel Britain
Moderate
Little Mick
Bondage Bill
Long haired Phil
Gary
Colin
Mad Mick

off the top of my head.

Happy days.
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Palace Palace Palace

thegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
I first met Baldy in about 1987 I think. In those days we called you Claude because of the bookshop you worked at in Oxford Street. (Is any of this correct or am I mental?)
Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Rocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
I bet one of those is Jim Leighton eh Baldy...? Never did know his real name!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
No, Jim Leighton,Al Stewart etc joined our firm in the early 90's.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Kitler

Quote:
Thug Ian ?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Rocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Dear old Thug Ian (or Spillage to those who knew him from the Prince George/Catherine Wheel)... last saw him circa 1999 in the Woolpack when he upset one of the locals... not been seen since
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Kitler

I saw Wade at the Peterborough game in the Holmesdale.

Apart from Ostrich & Wade who were the other Early Birds banged up with us in Wakefield that time ?

'Please release me let me go'.........................
Old 08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Palace Palace Palace

thegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
George "Scouse" Hadwyn
Old 08-02-2010, 02:47 PM

selhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatnugget
George "Scouse" Hadwyn
God yes and his brother.

Rememebr on the train down to a Brighton game with him. Head out the window as we arrived at one of the stations just through a bridge and I heard bang. Some Brighton bloke with a metal bar trying to take my head off just as you came into the station.

To say they did a runner was an understatement as about 50 of us chased them ioto their local when out came the Brighton 'mob' to see how many palace were there then duly departed back inside.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Palace Palace Palace

I went to help my sister when she moved into her new flat a few years back and Scouse's brother Del was of of the guys who brought her new fridge. He is doing OK but said that George had some "problems." Damn shame.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:31 PM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Dear old Thug Ian (or Spillage to those who knew him from the Prince George/Catherine Wheel)... last saw him circa 1999 in the Woolpack when he upset one of the locals... not been seen since

Last I heard he was in Hong Kong

One of the Funniest incidents was at Coventry when me Thirsty and Thuggy got nicked for drunk (It was a stich up ) I managed to talk the West Midlands Gestapo into releasing Mick and I with no charge....I was just saying "And my other mate in that cell was also inocc..............!" when a stream of Thug Ian`s pss came through the cell key hole....Me and Thirsty gave up and went down the pub!!!!
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 08-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
From the years you are referring to probably:

Baldy
Greg RIP, 6 years ago this Thursday.
Thirsty
Mark
Colonel Britain
Moderate
Little Mick
Bondage Bill
Long haired Phil
Gary
Colin
Mad Mick

off the top of my head.

Happy days.

The Dangerous Brothers!!!!
2006/7

Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

That is just so Thug Ian Colonel... and as for the West Midlands fi*th... say no more!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Britain
Last I heard he was in Hong Kong

One of the Funniest incidents was at Coventry when me Thirsty and Thuggy got nicked for drunk (It was a stich up ) I managed to talk the West Midlands Gestapo into releasing Mick and I with no charge....I was just saying "And my other mate in that cell was also inocc..............!" when a stream of Thug Ian`s pss came through the cell key hole....Me and Thirsty gave up and went down the pub!!!!
That was also the night when Greg fell asleep in the curry house and nobody could wake him up despite kicking and punching him......The waiters called the police and all sorts before the fat bstd woke up.
2006/7

Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
He now lives in UAE. Was over for the Derby game before Christmas, although I couldn't go due to work that day. Ian popped in to the yard for a while with his Mrs and two kids, he's keeping well & happily married.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Pass on my best wishes to the reprobate as and when you next speak/see him please... the last game I would have seen him at was WBA (a) in 2002... the Woolpack England game must have been not long after... but the grey matter between my ears ain't what it used to be!

Last edited by Rocky; 08-02-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM

TheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is a mint thread, love the old pictures from the Torquay game
Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Pass on my best wishes to the reprobate as and when you next speak/see him please... the last game I would have seen him at was WBA (a) in 2002... the Woolpack England game must have been not long after... but the grey matter between my ears ain't what it used to be!
I guess that applies to all of us, mind you the days of Akers & Co are now 27 years ago .
Will pass the regards on, maybe he'll be over when the World Cup is on this summer, just to see if his old mate Heskey is in the England team.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone know what ever happened to Valerix (sp?), we used to just call him Val. He is the one at the back with the curly dark hair.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fantastic barnet selhursthoover