Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-04-2010, 08:05 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Golf Thread

We have the "What course do you play" thread but this is for everything else, all things golf, majors, players, breaking news, arranging rounds with other BBS'ers, tips, bargains you find, general discussion etc

Maybe we could even get a BBS Society arranged at some point?

Happy golfing people.

Tell me your details and I'll add you to the table below.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/

Last edited by Swanny32; 27-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 20-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I'm in. Perhaps we could give some info? Like this..

Name: Simon, 28
H'cap: 18
Clubs: Cleveland CG golds irons, Nike SQ 5000 driver, Cleveland SW, Titliest Vokey lob, Cleveland halo rescue, Mizuno Bettinardi C03 putter
Strengths: (at the moment) Driving, Putting
Weaknesses: (at the moment) irons
Club: Cooden Beach GC country member

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 20-04-2010, 08:27 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Name: Chris, 26
H'cap: 24
Clubs: Ping G10's, Taylor Made 200 9.5 driver, Odyssey White Hot #5 putter
Strengths: Power, Approach play
Weaknesses: Driving, Consistancy
Club: Don't have one

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 20-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ok then why not

Name: Mark 30
H'cap: 28
Clubs: Wilson Staff Di7's, Wilson Dd6 Driver, Wilson Wedges G, L, S
Strengths: Long Booming Drives (last year I was consistently knocking it over 300yds)
Weaknesses: Putting
Club: I play various - Bushey Hall, Aldenham, Stanmore
Old 20-04-2010, 08:39 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1FAN
Ok then why not

Name: Mark 30
H'cap: 28
Clubs: Wilson Staff Di7's, Wilson Dd6 Driver, Wilson Wedges G, L, S
Strengths: Long Booming Drives (last year I was consistently knocking it over 300yds)
Weaknesses: Putting
Club: I play various - Bushey Hall, Aldenham, Stanmore

Don't ever get rid of your driver

Old 20-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To be honest it's not so much the driver more the speed and power of my swing. I've lost over 2 stone since last year so i'm struggling to get back the rythym and power that i've had in the past. Still hit one past the green on a par 4 305yd hole last week though
Old 20-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1FAN
To be honest it's not so much the driver more the speed and power of my swing. I've lost over 2 stone since last year so i'm struggling to get back the rythym and power that i've had in the past. Still hit one past the green on a par 4 305yd hole last week though
But it obviously works for you, so keep hold. Don't do what so many others do and ditch it for a new model if you start to struggle off the tee. It'll be a fault in the swing, not in the club. Use the money on a couple of lessons to iron out the issue rather than a new driver

Old 20-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Name: Phil (43)
H'cap: 16
Clubs: Callaway Diablo Tour Driver, Benross VX Proto 3 wood, Mizuno MX700 Hybrid, Irons (alternate between Ping i5 and Nike Pro Combo OS) Wedges (alternate between Ping I Wedges and Callaway x Forged) Putter Whitlam Golf Devon Blade
Course: Eastbourne Downs Golf Club
Strengths: Fairway woods / Hybrid shots off the deck, Mid & short Iron play
Weaknesses: Wedge shots under 100 yards (give me the texas wedge any day) and BUNKERS
So So: Driving is a bit hit or miss
Old 20-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
I'm in. Perhaps we could give some info? Like this..

Name: Simon, 28
H'cap: 18
Clubs: Cleveland CG golds irons, Nike SQ 5000 driver, Cleveland SW, Titliest Vokey lob, Cleveland halo rescue, Mizuno Bettinardi C03 putter
Strengths: (at the moment) Driving, Putting
Weaknesses: (at the moment) irons
Club: Cooden Beach GC country member
I Cooden Beach!!!!!
Old 20-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Name: Paul (53)

HC 26 (& allegedly due a drop)

Clubs: Mizuno MP52 Irons, Titleist Vokey Wedges, Mizuno 3 Hybrid, Mizuno 3 Wood, Mizuno MP560 Driver, Cleveland Putter
Ball: Srixon AD333 Winter & general, Titleist Pro VI for comps

Strengths: Irons, Pitch/Wedge
Weaknesses: Sand, Driver can go off on occasion, Putting lost consistency since changing grip & stance last month!

Club: Bletchingley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 20-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
I Cooden Beach!!!!!
Yep! Me too. I still live in Croydon, but me and my fiancee are country members down there. She's from Bexhill and her parents live 5 mins away from the club (they're members there too).

Country membership rocks (half price)

Old 20-04-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Putting lost consistency since changing grip & stance last month!
change back!

Old 20-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Tried an interesting experiment tonight when I went up for 9 holes. Our lady captain has been giving me & her hubby (and men in general) grief about our love of playing off alternate fairways and from less traditional places. She reckoned we should use irons most of the time and our HCs would fall. Also, our pro gave me a playing lesson on strategy - eg - when you are 250 from the green why do you take a 3 wood and give yourself 50 to the green when your best distance for approaches is around 100?

So - I went up and played a two ball round - one with my normal style adding a more cautious strategy (eg Driver followed by an 8 iron and a pitching wedge on a par 5) and the other with the Lady strategy - 5 iron off all the tees, then just 7 irons 'til close in and then normal wedges.

And guess what - caution works - played 2 under HC using the "lady" strategy, and 5 under on my "thinking" strategy - so I think my days of automatically trying to get it as close as possible and stretching my long irons and fw woods are gone - now I will aim to get my second on a par 5 to around the 100m mark - perfect distance for me & my 9 iron.

Old 20-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Name: Phil (43)
H'cap: 16
Clubs: Callaway Diablo Tour Driver, Benross VX Proto 3 wood, Mizuno MX700 Hybrid, Irons (alternate between Ping i5 and Nike Pro Combo OS) Wedges (alternate between Ping I Wedges and Callaway x Forged) Putter Whitlam Golf Devon Blade
Course: Eastbourne Downs Golf Club
Strengths: Fairway woods / Hybrid shots off the deck, Mid & short Iron play
Weaknesses: Wedge shots under 100 yards (give me the texas wedge any day) and BUNKERS
So So: Driving is a bit hit or miss

p.s. you're winning on handicap so far

Old 20-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
change back!
The pro will beat me up! Actually the new grip & stance is better, just been combined with the greens speeding up in the dry weather so some of the feel isn't quite there yet

Old 20-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Tried an interesting experiment tonight when I went up for 9 holes. Our lady captain has been giving me & her hubby (and men in general) grief about our love of playing off alternate fairways and from less traditional places. She reckoned we should use irons most of the time and our HCs would fall. Also, our pro gave me a playing lesson on strategy - eg - when you are 250 from the green why do you take a 3 wood and give yourself 50 to the green when your best distance for approaches is around 100?

So - I went up and played a two ball round - one with my normal style adding a more cautious strategy (eg Driver followed by an 8 iron and a pitching wedge on a par 5) and the other with the Lady strategy - 5 iron off all the tees, then just 7 irons 'til close in and then normal wedges.

And guess what - caution works - played 2 under HC using the "lady" strategy, and 5 under on my "thinking" strategy - so I think my days of automatically trying to get it as close as possible and stretching my long irons and fw woods are gone - now I will aim to get my second on a par 5 to around the 100m mark - perfect distance for me & my 9 iron.
I'm guilty of being too aggressive most of the time. Need to use my head more

Old 20-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Keep smiling

Happy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
John 37 - hdcp 4. Play at Tidworth since last year. Previous club Upavon.

Woods = Taylor Made TP burner driver 1/2" cut off the shaft. Burner 3 wood and 19' burner rescue.
Putter = odessey black series 1, cut down to 33" with a fat winn grip.
Irons = Taylor Made Tour prefered 4-pw.
Wedges = 54 & 58 Z smoke Taylor made. 50' Cobra Phil Rodgers .
Old 20-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Name: guess
H'cap: havent officially got one, got it down to 10 a few years back but now prob around 12-14
Clubs: Wilson Staff Di7's
Strengths: Putting, mid irons
Weaknesses: lack of concentration! long irons
Club: Don't have one at moment, been a member at Lingfield and Royal Ashdown in past
Old 20-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
I am bang into golf at the moment, just joined Chipstead Golf Course so playing regualaryly there although do play other courses like Addington Court, Farleigh Court and Banstead Downs:

Name - Kev
HC - 18 and falling

Clubs - 10 year old Wilson Pro Staff cavity back....need replacing. Drivers, 3 wd and 5wd are all second hand so prob 10 years old also. Putteris a generic one with a white bit at the front - it's quite heavy.

Strengths - Short irons and chipping/play around the green.

Weaknesses - putting - I'd bring my HC down a few if I could two putt every green.

Was recently really struggling with my driving, slicing it badly....and then I watched these videos on youtube, combined the two techniques and I've never been the same since....

To view the link you have to Register or Login
and

Second one is a it cheesy and I don't reckon it'll work for everyone but for me it's done the trick with the Driver only.
Old 20-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTheOptimist
I am bang into golf at the moment, just joined Chipstead Golf Course so playing regualaryly there although do play other courses like Addington Court, Farleigh Court and Banstead Downs:

Name - Kev
HC - 18 and falling

Clubs - 10 year old Wilson Pro Staff cavity back....need replacing. Drivers, 3 wd and 5wd are all second hand so prob 10 years old also. Putteris a generic one with a white bit at the front - it's quite heavy.

Strengths - Short irons and chipping/play around the green.

Weaknesses - putting - I'd bring my HC down a few if I could two putt every green.

Was recently really struggling with my driving, slicing it badly....and then I watched these videos on youtube, combined the two techniques and I've never been the same since....

and

Second one is a it cheesy and I don't reckon it'll work for everyone but for me it's done the trick with the Driver only.
Get yourself down to Bill Woodman's for a fitting session on a new set. You'll get even better