Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-04-2010, 10:54 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Name: guess
H'cap: havent officially got one, got it down to 10 a few years back but now prob around 12-14
Clubs: Wilson Staff Di7's
Strengths: Putting, mid irons
Weaknesses: lack of concentration! long irons
Club: Don't have one at moment, been a member at Lingfield and Royal Ashdown in past
I haven't played Royal Ashdown for years, can't think exactly what hole it is but there is a really nice downhill par 3, maybe the 12th or 13th. Used to love that hole, hated the 1st with all the bushes to the right hand side.

I can't think if I have ever played Lingfield, I feel like I should have having worked down the road at Chartham Park a lot of the staff/members used to play at Lingfield as well as Chartham for a bit of a change, also got family in Dormansland but really can't think if I have played there or not.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 20-04-2010, 11:04 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/

Last edited by Swanny32; 20-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 20-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Matt, 29
Hcp: was 7 when i left the UK prob around 10-11 now. Seems to be what i shoot when i play but as i live on an island without a course and only get to play every so often Ive no idea.
Clubs: Titleist AP2s, Vokey Oil Can gap and lob wedge, Scotty Cameron Detour putter. All of which arrive tomorrow, woot. Still deciding on woods but most likely callaways.
Strengths: Long game, solid off the tee and with my irons
Weaknesses: Short game, get so out of touch so quickly when not playing regularly.
Club: Mahogany Run, USVI is where i have membership To view the link you have to Register or Login , but have played a lot of courses in the Caribbean. Used to be a member and junior captain of Dulwich & Sydenham.

Hoping getting my own irons with get me to play more although there is never much change out of $300 per game
Old 21-04-2010, 10:19 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stefan

H'cap 24
Clubs Taylor made RAC OS, Wilson Deep Red woods and Odyssey 2 ball putter
Strengths none
Weakness can't ever seem to concentrate for the whole 18 I can go 5 over on either the back nine or front nine and the other 9 i just balls up!
Club not a member at any but have cooperate membership at Foxhills when I can get the time to play but only 5 day membership

This will be my local club this time next month To view the link you have to Register or Login and will be hopefully playing here a lot more than i play back in blighty.

Lokking to get some Callaway x22 irons once I've settled in
Old 21-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down lowEdenbridge Eagle In Exile will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
Yep! Me too. I still live in Croydon, but me and my fiancee are country members down there. She's from Bexhill and her parents live 5 mins away from the club (they're members there too).

Country membership rocks (half price)
Whats the mileage distance required for country membership? anyway it is a moot point as I live in Eastbourne and obviously I woul be too close

It's the Downs for me.......although it can get a bit windy at times

(The Royal is a bit boring and Willingdon is a bit criss-cross on the fairways etc.
Old 21-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has anyone got some old clubs I could buy, looking to get back into golf and i've grown out of my clubs I played with when I was 13
Old 21-04-2010, 11:48 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Swanny i think may have some as he's just got a new set
Old 21-04-2010, 11:51 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think there were two sets being touted on here in the last day or two Godders, will see if I can find who they were, must have been in some betting thread or other
Old 21-04-2010, 11:58 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OK here's me

Name - Simon, 36
HC - Nothing official, was down to 14 in my teens but now probably about 20

Clubs - Wilson Fat Shaft irons, Big Bertha woods

Strengths - Sound and consistent swing, pretty long off the tee

Weaknesses - short game in general. Poor course management (going for the green rather than playing safe), crap stance (sure it didn't used to be) and tendency to annoy opponent by cursing what I think is a bad shot only for it to turn out to be a good one

Every year I vow to play more, this one is no different, every year I end up playing only a few rounds. I

Very very miffed at how expensive it's getting to take clubs on holiday though I do love playing in an around the Marbella area though, know a lot of the courses there, been several times with StuNick (annoyingly good player)
Old 21-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I will have a look, can't see anything.
Old 21-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Have a set of Wilson starter pack; SW-5, 3 hyb, 4 hyb, 3W, Driver, Putter - yours for 25 (also have similar Ladies set if the other half is interested in playing!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 21-04-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
What's my best bet for getting shot of my Maxfli's lads? American golf offered me 50 part exchange but I need a bit more than that to pay a bit back on the Pings.
From what golf course do you play Godstone
Old 21-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

pm sent
Old 21-04-2010, 12:15 PM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Name - Stu, 34
HC - 3

Clubs - Callaway X Forged Irons, Titliest Vokey wedges, Ping G10 driver, Cleveland Launcher 3 and 5 woods and Oddessy 2 Ball putter

Strengths - Mental approach to the game, scrambling, and 3 and 5 woods

Weaknesses - Driving isn't as good as it was, don't hole enough makeable putts and don't play well after a skinful the night before.

Was a member at Chartham Park in East Grinstead for 7 years and love the course, Club Champ twice and current amateur course record holder
Now work has moved me up to north west london and starting my 2nd year as a member at Batchworth Park in Rickmansworth, nice enough course but not as good as Chartham.

Played Cooden beach once and really liked it, never played R Ashdown but will one day as everyone says it is one of the best courses in Sussex
Old 21-04-2010, 12:17 PM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1FAN
Ok then why not

Name: Mark 30
H'cap: 28
Clubs: Wilson Staff Di7's, Wilson Dd6 Driver, Wilson Wedges G, L, S
Strengths: Long Booming Drives (last year I was consistently knocking it over 300yds)
Weaknesses: Putting
Club: I play various - Bushey Hall, Aldenham, Stanmore
You must be somewhere up near me then No1Fan
I have played Stanmore, tight but interesting, a few too many cross over holes for my liking
Old 21-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Playing a mens match against Chartham on Sunday - glad they are not fielding a 3 handicapper anymore Stu

Old 21-04-2010, 12:19 PM
infiltrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
tendency to annoy opponent by cursing what I think is a bad shot only for it to turn out to be a good one
So true, however you also have the ability to play the NITBY shot so well, especially when you have a chance of beating me.
Old 21-04-2010, 12:20 PM
infiltrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Playing a mens match against Chartham on Sunday - glad they are not fielding a 3 handicapper anymore Stu
Who do you play for?
Old 21-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Watching from Warmington

Bletchingley. Played Chartham in a mixed last year at our place- won 3&2 but can't remember the overall match result

Old 21-04-2010, 12:30 PM
infiltrator

I have played Bletchingly about 5 years ago, the captain at chartham this year used to be a member there David Van Look, do you know him?