Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 21-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
No - but his family have a trophy named after him and still play here. The Van Look Vase.

Bletchingley has improved a lot over the 3 years we have been members. The new pro (came from Chipstead) is making big improvements. New bunkering, better definition between fairway & rough, new trees etc etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 21-04-2010, 12:34 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good thread

Name - Trevor, 43
HC - 13

Clubs
Ping G5 Driver: (offset 12 deg)
Irons: Nike CPR
Various wedges and fairway woods.
Putter: Oddesy white hot

Strengths - Driving, driving, driving - I'm not super long (an honest 225-250 yards), but it's is rare that I miss a fairway, (once a round usually at most).

Weaknesses - Chipping and pitching, I am appauling.

Member at River Oaks, Nova Scotia

edit - the season stars soon here, hopefully my club will be open this weekend if it's 1/2 decent out
Old 21-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Whats the mileage distance required for country membership? anyway it is a moot point as I live in Eastbourne and obviously I woul be too close

It's the Downs for me.......although it can get a bit windy at times

(The Royal is a bit boring and Willingdon is a bit criss-cross on the fairways etc.
I think it's 60 miles. Whatever it is, we're literally on the edge. Think they ended up doing us a favour actually

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 21-04-2010, 12:44 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
just catching up with the rest of this thread. Spookily, me and my fiancee are about to move to East Grinstead, and will be living very close to Chartham Park, so we're planning on playing there with a view to joining.

Had never heard of it, or anyone mention it, but now it's even more appealing!

Old 21-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pete

HC: 24

Clubs: load of cheap shit from that discount sports place that's got branches everywhere + a 5 and an 8 iron from a charity shop. Paid 30 quid for a PGA driver from the club shop. Promised myself a fitting when I break 90.

Strengths: resilience, listening to the pro and, if anything, 7-iron approach over about 130 yards.

Weaknesses: tend to slice drives; a bit lofty; choke on shorter pitches

Club: Minchinhampton Old Course
Old 21-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick
So true, however you also have the ability to play the NITBY shot so well, especially when you have a chance of beating me.
NITBY...assume an acronym for choking of some kind, something I do very well!! That or 3 putt from 6ft
Old 21-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Name: Tiger

HC - 24

Clubs:
Taylormade Burner Driver
Taylormade R5 3W
Wilson Fybrid rescue
Wilson Di9 irons
Cleveland Black Pearl wedges
Titleist dead centre putter (going to upgrade to Itsy Bitsy Spider)

Strengths: Really good on a good day
Weaknesses: Really bad on a bad day

Club: North Hants GC
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009

Last edited by GUCCI Eagle; 21-04-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 21-04-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
NITBY...assume an acronym for choking of some kind, something I do very well!! That or 3 putt from 6ft
Stands for Not in the bunker yet.

Usually used to describe a player seen as a wind up merchant, trying to put his partner off in matchplay etc

Old 21-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick

a member at Batchworth Park in Rickmansworth, nice enough course but not as good as Chartham.

I always look in there on my way past with envy. Whats membership cost like Stu?

I played Rickmansworth Monday and today very small course only 4500 yds but I thought it would at least get me back into the groove a bit and give me the chance to iron out all my current problems.

Shot 103 on Monday and 94 today so I'm at least heading in the right direction.
Old 21-04-2010, 02:26 PM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
1600 a year, a bit pricey but a well kept course and very local for me at the minute
Old 21-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No surprise it's that price it does look lovely. Well out of my bracket though.
Old 21-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
just catching up with the rest of this thread. Spookily, me and my fiancee are about to move to East Grinstead, and will be living very close to Chartham Park, so we're planning on playing there with a view to joining.

Had never heard of it, or anyone mention it, but now it's even more appealing!
Lovely course, apart from the Geese droopings
Old 21-04-2010, 06:13 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I used to work at Chartham, know the course inside out back to front, can tell you the placement of every hazard, the slopes and sizes of the greens, heck I could probably tell you the placement of trees! Lost count how many times I played that course, the one benefit of working there and getting to play whenever for free. Cracking course and before they made it a super gym complex it had a great collection of members most who were very friendly and were always up for "playing a round with the barman". The only downside to it for me at the time was that the club Captain was my old PE teacher, Keith Turk.............

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 21-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
I used to work at Chartham,

Did you know Ben Knight then??

My next door neighbour growing up, we started off playing golf at the same time
Old 21-04-2010, 06:30 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So, I played my first round with my new G10's today......someone said to me yesterday on here that it was amazing how many clubs stopped behaving once you had parted with your hard earned cash for them.........whoever it was was right, I played the worst round of golf I have ever played today.

What didn't help was that the course we played was a load of shite. Lexden Wood Golf Centre in Colchester. THE worst course I have ever played. Layout was completely mind boggling with the 14th tee right next to the 7th green so we ended up playing the course in thee following order as it made more sense to us, apparently everyone gets confused by it, even the members! There were sign posts but nowhere near where they should have been and not visible from the 7th green. We ended up going, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,14,15,16,17,10,11,12,13,8,9,18. The walk they made you do upto the 10th tee was a good 5 minute walk and pretty much all up hill, I was knackered by the time I got to it and then duly scuffed my tee shot.

It wasn't just the layout of the course that was poor the general condition was terrible as well, fairways were bald and where they weren't bald they weren't far from it due to the grass being cut way too short. Greens were like concrete and were desperate for some water, and the sheer amount of bunkers around the course was ridiculous, I counted 7 bunkers in the middle of the fairway on one hole and then there was 4 around the green. 11 bunkers on one hole!!!!!

The rough had been cut quite short which was nice as it was quite easy to find your ball but I still managed to lose a load of balls today, once we had realised that we had gone 7, 14, 15 instead of 7, 8, 9 I was so annoyed that I lost my concentration and couldn't hit a thing, I was scuffing shots all over the place, my putting which up till then had been excellent, went to pot and my approach play which is usually the one thing I am pretty good at was terrible and I was topping balls and sending them from one side of the green to the other. Didn't help that my playing partner was playing so bad that he had lost interest.

All in all, poor day, waste of 23, got sore feet, aching legs but thee Gammon, egg and chips in the bar after was glorious!

Never play at Lexden Wood!

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 06:31 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Did you know Ben Knight then??

My next door neighbour growing up, we started off playing golf at the same time
Yeah I know Ben, enjoyed standing in front of the TV in the bar watching SSN and picking his nose! Bloody good golfer though. Leicester fan if I remember correctly.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Shake it Baby

Yep leicester.....

dont know if he is still A Pro there or not, havent spoken to him in a couple of years
Old 21-04-2010, 06:51 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Last thing I heard he was still there as Assistant Pro to David Hobbs who was there when I was there back in 03-04. Would love to go and play that course again, it really is a cracking course.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
So, I played my first round with my new G10's today......someone said to me yesterday on here that it was amazing how many clubs stopped behaving once you had parted with your hard earned cash for them.........whoever it was was right, I played the worst round of golf I have ever played today.
Same happened to me when I got my current set. Played like a sack of shit.

on the same lines, I'm playing on Friday down in Bournemouth at Meyrick Park, so thought I'd nip to the range tonight to loosen up and hit a few.

I've never hit the ball so badly. Started off pitching wedge, which was ok, then 8 iron, ok ish, a couple of shanks (I think), they didn't hit the divider but they were low and right- very unusual for me, starting to get worried. Moved to 6 iron. Horrific. I kept hitting that shot. Think I was trying to hard, thinking about Friday too much.

Am worried about Friday now

Old 21-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Erect Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
I'm playing on Friday down in Bournemouth at Meyrick Park, so
Very nice course played there once a couple of years ago. Probably didn't get to appreciate it as much as I should have done as it was a weekend and very busy.