Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 21-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
The new club effect is very precocious. When I got the MP52's I played 6 holes one evening and then went and played the monthly medal! And shot a nett 75 - second in D2 on countback. They just seemed to click straight away. However, my first upgrade from the Wilson starters to the Mizuno MX-19s was totally pear shaped - nearly threw the nice shiny new ones back in the bin.

Same with the range - Sunday - monthly club Stableford, beautiful weather, hit a few in the net - all AOK, flying true, first drive of the summer off the Whites, scuffed 60 yards, 4 successive irons about 2 inches off the ground and eventually scramble a 7 for a point. After that it gradually gets better and I end up in my buffer zone with 32 points. Very odd game we are all fascinated by.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 21-04-2010, 08:36 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I dont think im a good enough golfer though to be effected by these things, I play off of 24 and ever since being cut 4 shots I haven't been able to play at all.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 21-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Keep smiling

Happy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I'm sure most of you will know of Direct Golf but if not it's worth giving them a look. I have recently bought 2 plain pringle jumpers (no naff diamonds) and a SunIce Gore Tex jacket. All very good value and free delivery.
Old 21-04-2010, 09:00 PM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Ben is still at Chartham, he does a hell of a lot of teaching there and is very good at it and also a nice bloke, David Hobbs is still the head pro and also a good mate apart from being a spurs fan.
As for Keith Turk I won the Pairs League with him in my final year there, people either like him a lot or hate him and while he has some strange views on some things he is a decent guy all in all.
Old 21-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
Same happened to me when I got my current set. Played like a sack of shit.
Complete opposite for me

The 1st shot i hit with my new clubs was a 7 iron from about 170 to within 4 foot of the pin
Old 21-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick
Ben is still at Chartham, he does a hell of a lot of teaching there and is very good at it and also a nice bloke, David Hobbs is still the head pro and also a good mate apart from being a spurs fan.
Ill prob pop down there sometime soon to say hello then and arrange 18 holes

It amazes me that ben has the patience to teach given that when we were 16 years old if he hit a bad shot his club was more often thrown 20 foot into the trees

Old 21-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI Eagle
Name: Tiger

HC - 24

Clubs:
Taylormade Burner Driver
Taylormade R5 3W
Wilson Fybrid rescue
Wilson Di9 irons
Cleveland Black Pearl wedges
Titleist dead centre putter (going to upgrade to Itsy Bitsy Spider)

Strengths: Really good on a good day
Weaknesses: Really bad on a bad day

Club: North Hants GC
Name - Tiger
Age - 34

HC - Scratch
Clubs - Nike everything

Strengths - Booming drive, great short game, awesome putting, good course management, excellent under pressure, good at winning majors.

Weaknesses - Can't stop shagging barmaids.
Old 21-04-2010, 10:17 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick
As for Keith Turk I won the Pairs League with him in my final year there, people either like him a lot or hate him and while he has some strange views on some things he is a decent guy all in all.
Good to know, I always got on with those boys in the club shop especially David, mainly because he fancied my mrs. I heard he is married now though.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just picked up my new clubs, bag and shoes Am very happy
Old 21-04-2010, 10:22 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

As for Keith I think my dislike for him was mainly because of the way he was at school and that stuck, I used to get very nervous around him and felt very intimidated by him even though when I was working behind the bar there he treated me like a normal human rather than a shitty school kid. I always felt as though he looked down his nose at me a bit though.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 10:30 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester
Just picked up my new clubs, bag and shoes Am very happy
Woop Woop! Now if only there was a golf course near by!

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only an hour long ferry ride, clear customs and a taxi to the course.
Old 21-04-2010, 11:28 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Where do you live?

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-04-2010, 11:34 PM

British Virgin Islands
Old 22-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Shake it Baby

Ill come play a round with you if you can put me up
Old 22-04-2010, 01:13 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Ill come play a round with you if you can put me up
You might want to re-phrase that!
Old 22-04-2010, 07:06 AM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Good to know, I always got on with those boys in the club shop especially David, mainly because he fancied my mrs. I heard he is married now though.
Not married but just moved in with his long term bird, she is a really nice girl too
Old 22-04-2010, 07:18 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Might have to arrange a round at Chartham sometime this summer.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 22-04-2010, 07:21 AM
infiltrator

I'd be up for that, and Finbar gets his clubs out every once in a while
Old 22-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester
British Virgin Islands
Off topic but which island? Spent two very happy holidays on Peter Island.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019