Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:46 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Is it only "over the top" which is you have a problem with or is it also "early extension"? ie hips moving toward the ball prior to impact. This is also a problem that closes your swing space from the inside and something I've been tortured with.

Aside my pro lessons (good tutor but he's a prick) I have been following Clay Bullard on YouTube and he has a lot of really good explanations and demos.
Definitely not.

Golf handicap - 12
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 09-02-2018, 07:47 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
.......... I play cricket so my hand eye is pretty decent so im hoping that i pick it up fairly quick.

In terms of lessons, any suggestions on where to get reccomendations and expected price range?
Pack in cricket or get used to walking out into the right hand rough a lot.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:54 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
Definitely not.
OK. You can get inside by setting up with your right foot back because it gives you space to learn that swing path, and then as you get muscle memory you can start to move it back to a square position. I'm only giving memory jolts for things to look at and things to try on casual practice/fun golf so you can get round without the uncontrolled super-fade/slice that the OTT shape produces. I imagine your pro will be either annoyed at such a distraction, or happy that he thinks you'll be booking more lessons though
Old 09-02-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Buy steel shafted clubs imo, and I guess the flex for you would be regular as youíre sort of starting out but thatís not a guarantee. Many would say get Ďfittedí by a pro but I wouldnít advise that until youíre a bit more consistent.

If you can afford them, buy lessons through a decent pro. Get recommendations if possible. Some pros are simply not that great, whereas some are very good. Iíve had 3. 1 was poor, the other good and Iím very happy with the guy Iím with now.

If this is simply about breaking 100, practicing your game within 50 yards of the flag will see you improve the quickest. Putting and chipping in particular. Sorting out your full swing is the one that takes the longest but hitting straight shots a good distance is so satisfying.

Have fun and remember that 95% of what amateur golfers say is utter, utter bollocks

^^^^This is sound advice, but if you insist on a new set then get something perimeter weighted such as the Titleist AP1 irons as these types are more forgiving.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
Not a lot really, explained his method of the body turning the arms and not the arms turning the body. Explained that a lot of people when doing the drill he has given me, make the arms loop and keep the body relatively quiet which leads to a whole host of issues and a massive lack of distance. He just wants me feeling like I make a bigger body turn so that the zipper on my hoody points to the mirror behind as before it was getting nowhere near.
Makes sense. Try to feel that your big back muscles/chest and shoulders carry the club and arms away on the backswing, activate those muscles, rather than the arms and hands pulling the shoulders.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:22 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes Spindle, that's exactly the feeling.....and you can tell that it's something I've not been doing as if I do 10 full swings like this in my back garden, my back and shoulders ache afterwards so they're obviously not used to the movements. Patience is key in this game, that's the biggest lesson of the week for me. Single figures is just around the corner.

Golf handicap - 12
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is it only "over the top" which is you have a problem with or is it also "early extension"? ie hips moving toward the ball prior to impact. This is also a problem that closes your swing space from the inside and something I've been tortured with.

Aside my pro lessons (good tutor but he's a prick) I have been following Clay Bullard (Top Speed Golf) on YouTube and he has a lot of really good explanations and demos.
My advice to you would be to change your pro. The quicker the better.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Why do you suggest that Golfboy?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:02 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I think you’re all thinking too much and confusing the shit out of yourselves

Keep it simple
Old 10-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Give it a whack.

Handicap 18.

You’re welcome.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
This video should help people on here.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I think youíre all thinking too much and confusing the shit out of yourselves

Keep it simple
Iím not confused.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:49 AM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Why do you suggest that Golfboy?
The guy is obviously a ****. Either that or Spindle is.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Old 10-02-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I think youíre all thinking too much and confusing the shit out of yourselves

Keep it simple
^^^^Doesn't want to improve.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Has anyone here been to St Andrews? I'm going up with a mate in June and looking to play 3 courses in the area. My mate hasn't got a handicap so that rules out the Old Course, but at £180 I think I would leave it anyway.

Any suggestions on where to play and things to do?
Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
This video should help people on here.

Or like this.

Old 13-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
^^^^Doesn't want to improve.
Donít play enough now mate. Left Worksop GC (tough track) on 10 HC about 2 years ago and probably play about 20 times a year. Iíve played to 10 about 5 times since I left Worksop
Old 20-02-2018, 01:50 PM

Lemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
So what do you all know about Trackman?
They had on of those things set up at the driving range in Long Lane, Addisbombe a couple of years ago and let people have a go.
I grabbed one of their drivers and took a couple of shots. I think the swing speed was around 105mph.
I gave my third shot the beans to see if I could get over 110mph. I pulled my groin muscle, handed back the club and did the limp of shame back to the car.

Bloody Trackman.