Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 22-04-2010, 07:50 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm always reluctant to play with very low handicappers due to me being quite crap and I hate the feeling of embarrassment when my playing partner bombs a 250 yard drive down the middle and then i step up and top one left into the bushes!

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 22-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Off topic but which island? Spent two very happy holidays on Peter Island.
Tortola, I can see Peter Island from my office. Have been there a few times. Lovely place.
Old 22-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Thought it might be Tortola - flew in their from Antigua to get to PI. Work friend of mine used to visit regularly and lived there for a while doing boaty stuff - lady called Mandy Downham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 22-04-2010, 01:46 PM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
I'm always reluctant to play with very low handicappers due to me being quite crap and I hate the feeling of embarrassment when my playing partner bombs a 250 yard drive down the middle and then i step up and top one left into the bushes!
Mate, low handicappers also hit bad shots, they just tend to be able to recover a bit better and they had to learn the game so decent people don't mind playing with golfers of any standard!
Old 22-04-2010, 07:38 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick
Mate, low handicappers also hit bad shots, they just tend to be able to recover a bit better and they had to learn the game so decent people don't mind playing with golfers of any standard!
Good to know fella, wish everyone was like this. I have played with some single figure handicap players and felt very uncomfortable as they have hit ball after ball long and straight, bounded on down the fairway after their ball leaving me back at the start having scuffed my tee shot 20 yards or having sliced my ball heavily into the rough and holding the play up looking for it.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 22-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I won't even begin to list Stu's faults, not enough server memory, but one of his better traits is being a very good golfing partner no matter what you're handicap

Mind you I think it helps when you donate €5 for the front 9 winner, €5 back nine winner and €5 for the the 18 hole winner
Old 22-04-2010, 10:12 PM
infiltrator

StuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againStuNick lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
You are just a bit sore as I may beat you in this years fantasy footie league for the first time ever
Old 22-04-2010, 10:32 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Fin, we need your ruling on the betting masters with my bets I placed earlier this morning.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 26-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Duly played my match at Chartham Park yesterday - lovely course which must be very beautiful in full summer when all the trees are in leaf. started a bit shaky and we eventually lost our match 3&1 on the 17th. A bit annoying after going 4 down in the first 4 we dragged in back to one down at the turn but then gradually leaked holes away. Not helped by very fast (and very good condition) greens.

I would have got about 30-31 points off the white tees had it been played as a stableford - not bad after my ball found (and got recovered from!) water 4 times in the first three holes.

Sat with aforementioned Dave Van Look over breakfast - nice guy.

Old 26-04-2010, 09:47 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Lots of water at Chartham especially in the first 4 holes.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 26-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Watching from Warmington

Green protecting stream on the first - twice! (I blame nerves!)
Lake on way to 2nd - once
Pond to right of the 3rd green - after landing on the front edge b*st*rd ball rolled all the way off!

Thankfully after that I didn't see any more until the 18th (after the match was over) when 3 of the 4 all put "fades" into the RH lake

Old 26-04-2010, 04:50 PM
infiltrator

Great first hole, I then used to play the second and third badly, and get going after that.
Old 26-04-2010, 09:39 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I hated 5 and 6 with the trees to the right, bogey holes for me, or should I say triple bogey holes!!

Golf handicap - 11
Old 27-04-2010, 08:08 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
4 and 5 were my particularly bad holes at Chartham, drive on 5 never seemed to work for me!!

Oddly have played the front 9 loads of time but the back 9 only once, put it to about 6 inches** on 17 (then blew it down 18 as I recall...)

** I remember it as 6 inches but it may have been more like 3ft
Old 27-04-2010, 08:17 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

18 is a tough finishing hole, up hill, par 5 and a 3 tier green. Hated it!

Golf handicap - 11
Old 27-04-2010, 08:17 AM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Playing here tomorrow.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure about no carts, walking (with caddy) in 35 degree heat, but we'll give it a shot.

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 27-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick
Great first hole, I then used to play the second and third badly, and get going after that.
Started really well on the 1st with a great drive by the FW bunkers then thinned my 7 to the green just into stream (clipped the top of the wall) and also decided to thin my first lob onto the green back into the water!

Played 5, 6, 7, 8 really well, very nice run of holes

Old 27-04-2010, 08:18 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozeagle
Playing here tomorrow.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure about no carts, walking (with caddy) in 35 degree heat, but we'll give it a shot.

Ouch, that spells bollock rash to me!

Golf handicap - 11
Old 27-04-2010, 08:19 AM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
4 and 5 were my particularly bad holes at Chartham, drive on 5 never seemed to work for me!!

Oddly have played the front 9 loads of time but the back 9 only once, put it to about 6 inches** on 17 (then blew it down 18 as I recall...)

** I remember it as 6 inches but it may have been more like 3ft
Finbar, I trust you leave the Blackberry at home when playing golf.

I recall an event during our 1st round of our 2009/10 social club season, when one player irked the rest of the group by returning to his car after 9, only to grab his laptop so as to be able to watch the Caulfield Cup!!!

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 27-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
18 is a tough finishing hole, up hill, par 5 and a 3 tier green. Hated it!
By the time we got there the match was over - and three of us put it right into the lake, still managed to get a 6 though - and I agree about the green - 3 tier!