Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 24-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Diffident Gravy

FORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's still nothing about the giro on the velogames site - hope he doesn't leave it too late - although it's pretty current with the spring classics thing.

It's only a couple of weeks away, need a little time to peruse the riders and set up a mini-league.
Old 25-04-2011, 10:14 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's going to be a rush! We'll have to wait for teams to announce the sqauads (and then change them becuase of "iffy dietry issues") and then try and work out who's in form. I find the Giro the hardest to predict.
Old 25-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
There's still nothing about the giro on the velogames site - hope he doesn't leave it too late - although it's pretty current with the spring classics thing.

It's only a couple of weeks away, need a little time to peruse the riders and set up a mini-league.
I'm sure it will be OK - it seems more organised than last year
Although this hasn't helped the Palestinian National Team which after the Tour of Flanders slumped to a place in the bottom 50. Some sterling efforts by Gilbert has restored a little credibility, but the team manager should be sacked for failing to utilise the transfer windows.
Old 26-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalestinian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Note on Velogames website today suggests that the Giro stuff will be on line tomorrow.
After poor team selection, an even worse start I and missing transfer deadlines I managed a 673rd out of 1088 for the spring classics; how did you get on stange555?
Old 26-04-2011, 05:08 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not great, 723rd, i picked up 109 points in the last race and was ranked 141st for it. I think we need to agree for the mini league not to have Premium access where you can notimate Captains and Lieutenants (and get extra points). Overall, happy with Gilbert and A Schleck, Uran from Sky did okay, the rest are sacked! Thinking of Contador for the Giro cos I reckon he'll be banned for the TdF (and he knows it)
Old 26-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Diffident Gravy

FORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFORZA SELHURST came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know nothing about this premium stuff but yes, I don't think we should have that in any of our mini-leagues.

I think Contador might just try to impress in a stage or two in the giro rather than going for the overall.

Nibali for the giro I think (I know I'm hardly going out on a limb here).
Old 26-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Dark and Massive

Excowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been almost totally ignoring this so far this season, mainly I suspect due to guilt at not having been on a bike in ages. Looking forward to the Giro though and hopefully a renewal of the epic velogames battles of 2010.

Werner Herzog
Old 27-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Returning to obscurity

Is there any interest in a cycling thread evening out watching one of the Tour Series races during June?

I’m planning to go to the one at Canary Wharf on Thursday June 16, but locally there is also one in Woking on Tuesday June 14.

The Tour Series are a city centre criterium races that last a couple of hours with intermediate sprints every few laps, the only real difference to those elsewhere is that the main competition is based around teams rather than individuals.

The standard of racing in previous years has been pretty good although the quality of the teams is a bit patchy – about half are UCI Continental Teams although there are always a few youth and amateur teams who struggle to make an impact and their riders often get dropped when the pro teams up the pace.
Old 27-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Diffident Gravy

I doubt it myself but you never know.

The giro is up on the velogames thing now btw, I'll look in to it and setting up a mini-league tomorrow.
Old 28-04-2011, 11:40 AM

I'd be up for that, probably the London one rather than Woking
Old 28-04-2011, 09:36 PM

I've entered my team on Velogames, and cos I was bored, set up a mini league too. It's called CPFC BBS and the code required is 28220719. My team is Salfords Eagles. I look forward to propping up the table from next weekend.
Old 28-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Diffident Gravy

Oh, good work! Didn't really get the opportunity to look at this earlier.
Old 28-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Dark and Massive

Excowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice one Stange, I'm in. Might be up for some of that Canary Wharf action in June too.

Werner Herzog
Old 29-04-2011, 09:21 AM

kabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good work. I can only do better than last year.
This is going to be some Giro regardless of Velogames.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 AM

kabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkabbott came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Forgot to mention a good article on Gilbert in last Monday's L'Equipe. He will be competing in this year's TdF for the first time since 2008. He missed out on the "maillot jaune" that year after the "Plumelec" stage when Valverde took it for one second. As I said on another post, he's got three good chances of winning a stage in the first week and therefore a good chance of getting the coveted "maillot jaune": stage 1, stage 4 and stage 6 all suit him.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:28 AM

I've been looking at the profile of the stages in this year's Giro. Stage 14 looks fun:

Monte Cristo looks a very hard climb indeed and its descent down the other side is supposed to be worse with dodgy hairpin bends, loads of gravel and sheer drops down one side before having to climb the Zoncolan to finish! The next day's stage 15 looks no easier and then there's a very steep individual TT the following day.

Last edited by kabbott; 01-05-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Diffident Gravy

The Zoncolan has got to be the one to look forward to. Must make sure I sort out my velogames thing over the next few days.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott
Forgot to mention a good article on Gilbert in last Monday's L'Equipe. He will be competing in this year's TdF for the first time since 2008. He missed out on the "maillot jaune" that year after the "Plumelec" stage when Valverde took it for one second. As I said on another post, he's got three good chances of winning a stage in the first week and therefore a good chance of getting the coveted "maillot jaune": stage 1, stage 4 and stage 6 all suit him.
Excellent, he's in my velogames TdF squad then!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Lyon Eagles team set up and ready for the off.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Hope no one has gone for Ballan....