Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Oh, and it was nice to see Steve Cummings making a real fist of things yesterday - well done to him too.

My italian is improving watching these gazzetta streams!
Old 27-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Today's stage is a bit meh.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I suppose there's a big onus on that git Greipel to do things today.
Old 27-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Noot! Noot!

Impressive win by Greipel today after taking a ride on the Sky train.

Bet a certain manxman isn't happy!
Old 27-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Noot! Noot!

Today's result :

1 Greipel (GER, THR) 3:14:59
2 Dean (NZL, GRM) +0
3 Dall'Antonia (ITA, LIQ) +0
4 Henderson (NZL, SKY) +0
5 Hondo (GER, LAM) +0
6 Brown (AUS, RAB) +0
7 S. Haedo (ARG, SAX) +0
8 Elijzen (NED, OLO) +0
9 Sabatini (ITA, LIQ) +0
10 W. Bonnet (FRA, BTL) +0
11 Hinault (FRA, ALM) +0
12 Donati (ITA, ASA) +0
13 Arashiro (JPN, BTL) +0
14 Pozzato (ITA, KAT) +0
15 Velo (ITA, QST) +0
16 R. Frster (GER, MRM) +0
17 Claude (FRA, BTL) +0
18 Arroyo (ESP, GCE) +0
19 Lastras (ESP, GCE) +0
20 M. Bodnar (POL, LIQ) +0
21 I. Basso (ITA, LIQ) +0
Old 27-05-2010, 06:03 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
He's not an unknown - formerly a superb track rider and something of a good egg. He did really well when he made a sustained break for it near the end.

Bien fait Damien!
Obviously Damien Monier is not unknown to the cycling connaisseur but I'd name a good few French pros in today's peloton before I'd name him. It was his first victory in 6 years of pro racing, and what a way to do it. Cofidis have stuck with him in believed in him for a good few years now and they've finally been paid back. He has a reputation of being a bit of a loner and not very communicative, which obviously made his integration into the pro ranks that much harder.
The French commentators on Eurosport were going nutty when he produced his attack 2/3 km from the finish. It's not that often they have much to shout about in the big Tours especially when it's rather unexpected.
Old 27-05-2010, 06:09 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Back to the serious stuff tomorrow with the mythic Mortirolo climb amongst others. It'll be interesting to see how long Arroyo resists. He's not a bad climber at all, and, who knows, he could still have the leader's pink jersey tomorrow evening.

Old 28-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Noot! Noot!

What a stage that was! Some heroic efforts from Arroyo - I thought he was completely gone fairly early on the Mortirolo - but ultimately Basso takes it. Tomorrow's going to be a tremendous battle of attrition!
Old 28-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Noot! Noot!

Today's result

1 Scarponi (ITA, AND) 5:27:04
2 I. Basso (ITA, LIQ) +0
3 Nibali (ITA, LIQ) +0
4 Vinokourov (KAZ, AST) +3:05
5 Gadret (FRA, ALM) +3:05
6 Evans (AUS, BMC) +3:06
7 Arroyo (ESP, GCE) +3:06
8 Sastre (ESP, CTT) +3:06
9 Samoilav (BLR, QST) +5:27
10 Pinotti (ITA, THR) +5:27
11 Mollema (NED, RAB) +5:27
12 R. Kišerlovski (CRO, LIQ) +5:27
13 Kruijswijk (NED, RAB) +5:27
14 Porte (AUS, SAX) +5:31
15 M. Ardila (COL, RAB) +5:31
Old 28-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Noot! Noot!

GC:

1 I. Basso (ITA, LIQ) 81:55:56
2 Arroyo (ESP, GCE) +51
3 Nibali (ITA, LIQ) +2:30
4 Scarponi (ITA, AND) +2:49
5 Evans (AUS, BMC) +4:00
6 Sastre (ESP, CTT) +5:32
7 Porte (AUS, SAX) +6:00
8 Vinokourov (KAZ, AST) +6:02
Old 28-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Noot! Noot!

Tomorrow's stage, absolute mentals -

Old 28-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Today's result

1 Scarponi (ITA, AND) 5:27:04
2 I. Basso (ITA, LIQ) +0
3 Nibali (ITA, LIQ) +0
4 Vinokourov (KAZ, AST) +3:05
5 Gadret (FRA, ALM) +3:05
6 Evans (AUS, BMC) +3:06
7 Arroyo (ESP, GCE) +3:06
8 Sastre (ESP, CTT) +3:06
9 Samoilav (BLR, QST) +5:27
10 Pinotti (ITA, THR) +5:27
11 Mollema (NED, RAB) +5:27
12 R. Kierlovski (CRO, LIQ) +5:27
13 Kruijswijk (NED, RAB) +5:27
14 Porte (AUS, SAX) +5:31
15 M. Ardila (COL, RAB) +5:31
I got home in time for the descent of the Mortirolo and the final climb. Brilliant stuff again. The weather was awful which makes everything even tenser. When I turned on, Nibali was away with Basso and Scarponi. They had about a minute on Vinokourov, a little further behind were Sastre and Gadret, Evans was further back (I think) followed by Arroyo, who at this time was 2 minutes 30 behind Basso. Basso is an awful descender so Nibali had to wait for him, and Scarponi just sat on the wheels. Evans almost missed a bend and was very close to going into the bushes/ditch/a camping-car. Gadret and Sastre weren't too hot either. But Arroyo was on fire and caught up with Gadret, Sastre, Evans and Vino and in the very short 'flatish' part between the two climbs this group hauled back the three leaders to 43 seconds. Brilliant. Then the final climb and Nibali, Basso and Scarponi pulled away again. Arroyo was the strongest of the chasing group of 5 but he needed them too to share the work, but they were all f*cked. Brave performance from Arroyo.
I expect the same three to be in front tomorrow too, but Arroyo will be there again battling I'm sure. This has been the best Tour for years. As you say tomorrow is mentals too.
(I have to get up early tomorrow: I'd like to do 150km myself in preparation for a cyclosportif in 3 weeks called L'Ardchoise. I'm hoping to do the 216 km circuit with about 10 cols and +3,000m of climbing.)
Old 28-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Noot! Noot!

Do try to catch some highlights - Arroyo completely blows up early on Mortirolo, he looked like he was dying, I really don't know how he managed to come back in to it. Cuddles meanwhile was initially with Basso etal, kept getting dropped then dropped properly. Then he looked like he was going to fall off the Sastre group too but hung on. You couldn't have written the script.

If there's any rain on the descents late tomorrow you do worry something nasty might happen.

Good luck with your training!
Old 29-05-2010, 07:46 AM

Lots of snow announced at the top of the Passo di Gavia for today with a possible change of plan if they can't get over the top. There is talk of going back over the Motirolo but up a third side. Whatever route they take, if the weather is bad, anything can happen and I hope it does. I'm off on my stage now. Perfect weather over here, even a bit too hot for me. Sunburnt arms are my only risk.
Old 30-05-2010, 09:26 AM

Well it didn't snow yesterday, but they did very well to clear the Passo di Gavia of snow which had fallen a few days earlier. Another good stage, unfortunately it all kicked of a little too late. It's a pity Evans didn't attack a few kilometres earlier with Scarponi. They could have put Basso in a little trouble.

1 J.TSCHOPP (BTL) 5h26'47"
2 C.EVANS (BMC) 16"
3 I.BASSO (LIQ) 25"
4 M.SCARPONI (AND) 25""
5 D.ARROYO (GCE) 41"
6 V.NIBALI (LIQ) 43"
7 J.GADRET (ALM) 48"
8 B.MOLLEMA (RAB) 50"
9 D.RIGHI (LAM) 57"
10 V.KIRYIENKA (GCE) 1'02"
11 A.VINOKOUROV (AST) 1'26"
12 T.VOECKLER (BTL) 1'39"
13 D.CUNEGO (LAM) m.t.
14 S.KRUIJSWIJK (RAB) m.t.
15 J.SARMIENTO TUNNAROSA (ASA) m.t.
16 R.KISERLOVSKI (LIQ) m.t.
17 M.PINOTTI (THR) m.t.
18 Y.TROFIMOV (BTL) 1'42"
19 R.PORTE (SAX) m.t.
20 C.WEGELIUS (OLO) 2'13"
21 D.MORENO (OLO) m.t.
22 V.KARPETS (KAT) 2'23"
23 A.EFIMKIN (ALM) 2'48"
24 H.DUPONT (ALM) 2'50"
25 A.LUND (SAX) 2'53"
26 M.LLOYD (OLO) 3'28"
27 C.SASTRE (CTT) 3'40"
28 J.JUFRE POU (AST) m.t.
29 V.MIHOLJEVIC (ASA) 4'45"
30 D.CIONI (SKY) 6'02"
Old 30-05-2010, 09:28 AM

GC before todays final TT:

1 I.BASSO (LIQ) 87h23'00"
2 D.ARROYO (GCE) 1'15"
3 V.NIBALI (LIQ) 2'56"
4 M.SCARPONI (AND) 2'57"
5 C.EVANS (BMC) 3'47"
6 R.PORTE (SAX) 7'25"
7 A.VINOKOUROV (AST) 7'31"
8 C.SASTRE (CTT) 8'55"
9 R.KISERLOVSKI (LIQ) 14'06"
10 M.PINOTTI (THR) 15'00"
11 D.CUNEGO (LAM) 16'45"
12 B.MOLLEMA (RAB) 19'09"
13 J.GADRET (ALM) 22'28"
14 V.KARPETS (KAT) 25'09"
15 M.ARDILA CANO (RAB) 32'23"
16 L.GERDEMANN (MRM) 34'31"
17 D.CIONI (SKY) 35'35"
18 S.KRUIJSWIJK (RAB) 37'13"
19 A.EFIMKIN (ALM) 38'41"
20 H.DUPONT (ALM) 44'43"
21 F.DE GREEF (OLO) 48'37"
22 I.MAYOZ (FOT) 1h06'47"
23 T.VOECKLER (BTL) 1h09'20"
24 V.MIHOLJEVIC (ASA) 1h09'54
25 P.WEENING (RAB) 1h10'19"
26 D.MORENO (OLO) 1h17'24"
27 C.SORENSEN (SAX) 1h18'51"
28 Y.TROFIMOV (BTL) 1h19'01"
29 C.WEGELIUS (OLO) 1h19'46"
30 J.SERPA PEREZ (AND) 1h23'31"
Old 30-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott
Well it didn't snow yesterday, but they did very well to clear the Passo di Gavia of snow which had fallen a few days earlier. Another good stage, unfortunately it all kicked of a little too late. It's a pity Evans didn't attack a few kilometres earlier with Scarponi. They could have put Basso in a little trouble.
Quite right about it kicking off late but it was still a good one to follow.

Disappointed Wiggo couldn't pull it off in the time trial today but I guess this Giro would've been good preparation for him.

That presentation ceremony today was quite something!
Old 30-05-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Quite right about it kicking off late but it was still a good one to follow.

Disappointed Wiggo couldn't pull it off in the time trial today but I guess this Giro would've been good preparation for him.

That presentation ceremony today was quite something!
Wiggins for a top 5 finish in Tour de France. What do you think? A lot will depend on form between now and July. We've got the Tour of Switzerland and the Critrium du Dauphin Libr which are always good pointers although it's impotant not to peak too soon.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
Wiggins for a top 5 finish in Tour de France. What do you think? A lot will depend on form between now and July. We've got the Tour of Switzerland and the Critrium du Dauphin Libr which are always good pointers although it's impotant not to peak too soon.
I think he's every chance but last time he had Christian VDV riding for him - that's a super domestique if ever there was one. In any case it's going to go all the way to the pyrenees and the two climbs of the Tormalet, so it will be an exciting few weeks.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
(I have to get up early tomorrow: I'd like to do 150km myself in preparation for a cyclosportif in 3 weeks called L'Ardchoise. I'm hoping to do the 216 km circuit with about 10 cols and +3,000m of climbing.)
Just had a look at this, this one I take it?

Quote:
Et il y a de quoi, 216 Kms, 11 cols avec 4117m de dnivele !
Seems you've got to do the Col du Buisson twice - better do some extra training!

Seriously good luck with this, I'm long past contemplating being able to do this kind of stuff anymore!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Just had a look at this, this one I take it?

Seems you've got to do the Col du Buisson twice - better do some extra training!

Seriously good luck with this, I'm long past contemplating being able to do this kind of stuff anymore!
That's the one. The Col du Buisson at the start is OK. The Col du Buisson final climb isn't up the same side and it's much harder not only because it's at the end of the race but also because there's 1 km at 10% and another couple of shorter portions at 12% and 15%. Most of the 'cyclotouristes' walk up a lot of the climb, you just do your best, and then you get others who fly past you. Anything under 10 hours will be an achievement. The other 'cols' aren't that steep but they can be long. In any case +4,000m of climbing is plenty enough. A popular 'cyclo' this is with around 15,000 riding the different circuits from one to up to four days. Great atmosphere.