Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 28-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazman
And I want to get myself a Mavs jersey after getting such a cheap deal for my son's one on eBay. Jealous when he wears it even though he is a Bulls fan!

I think I have asked this before but size wise, what do you suggest for someone that usually wears a size large tshirt in the UK?
Saw something earlier on ESPN during my lunch break - 'Dirk to get MRI'.

Did someone finally twat the annoying German bastard, or was it another Dirk?
Old 28-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Gilbert Arenas almost scored from 3/4 court last night at the buzzer but the ball hit the ring, bounced up hit the stop clock above the board making it out of bounds and then dropped through the net... Great effort, shame it bounced too high.

Magic starting to gel and get the W's on the board.
Feeling better about the trade huh? Some of the pundits were saying it's yet another attempt by the Magic to match up to the Celtics in the Conference playoffs, as it clearly didn't work last year

Meanwhile, the Bobcats were on fire in the first half against the Pistons, with their new coach Silas (the former Hornets coach). He seems to be under the impression that his team have more chance to win, the more points they score. Whereas Larry Brown was of the opinion we had a better chance to win, the fewer points we conceded. Haven't seen the second half yet, but as we were about 20 pts ahead at half time, we must have had a bit of a wobble. Refreshing to see them playing a bit of 'ball at last though.

Watch out y'all, Bobcats are back.
Old 28-12-2010, 06:35 PM
www.theeaglesbeak.com

jazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Saw something earlier on ESPN during my lunch break - 'Dirk to get MRI'.

Did someone finally twat the annoying German bastard, or was it another Dirk?
Landed awkwardly and twisted his knee. Early reports suggest that it's just a sprain.

Do you have previous with big bad Dirk?
Old 28-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Landed awkwardly and twisted his knee. Early reports suggest that it's just a sprain.

Do you have previous with big bad Dirk?
Only that he continually hands out pumpings to my Bobcats with his indefensible loopy bastard shots over the heads of everyone, to the extent that the Bobcats have NO, that's NO victories EVER against the Mavs.

But he's a good player, and a nice guy by all accounts so I hope he's alright really
Old 28-12-2010, 07:13 PM
www.theeaglesbeak.com

jazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejazman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Only that he continually hands out pumpings to my Bobcats with his indefensible loopy bastard shots over the heads of everyone, to the extent that the Bobcats have NO, that's NO victories EVER against the Mavs.

But he's a good player, and a nice guy by all accounts so I hope he's alright really
Perfect reason. Glad he's a Mav.
Old 28-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jazman,

I get the Swingman jersey's for NBA. Cheaper than Authentic ones obviously but feel more real than the ones called "Replica". I got a replica jersey and the writing and number on the front and back were screen printed on and came loose after one wash.

Swingman have everything stitched on, they're just not as lightweight and fitted as the real thing. Size wise I got a Medium in the first Magic jersey I got and it was HUGE! They usually come in +2 sizing so I tend to get a Youth's XL which fits like an Adult Medium.

Youth XL = Medium
Small = Large
Medium = X Large
Large = XXL
XL = XXXL

And so on. Although I think once you get to a point the sizes don't get labelled as a size but as the measurement so like a 52 etc.

I do feel a bit more positive about the trade now. There were obvious flaws in our roster despite being the 2nd/3rd best team in the East... Well we won the Conference two years ago but were we the best team... Who knows?! Still would like to see us pick up a "proper" Power Forward though.
Old 28-12-2010, 08:48 PM
www.theeaglesbeak.com

Thanks Lats for the suggestions. Where do you get these Swingman jerseys?
Old 28-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They sell them on NBA.com but I tend to buy my Magic jersey's from the official Magic site as I don't seem to get charged customs charges from them but from NBA.com and loads of other American sites I do.

$79.99... Not sure on Shipping Prices to UK though.
Old 28-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBenzhiyi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thread title changed at the request of Latvian Eagle.

If you don't like it, blame him...

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 28-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Cheers Ben,

Hardly think people will cry about the thread name change seeing as it's no longer the 2009/10 season.

ESPN really need to show MORE NBA games. I know people love their College Football but there must be a market for more live NBA games in the UK. 2 Regular Season games being played this year at the O2 between Raptors and Nets on consecutive nights. Things are really moving forward here.

4th March 2011: Raptors @ Nets
5th March 2011: Nets @ Raptors

Trying to persuade the Missus to get me a ticket for my birthday! Really don't care which one I go to... 88 minimum for me, couldn't stand being Upper Tier.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 28-12-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Last Night's Match Ups:
Magic 110-95 Cavaliers (16-10)
Celtics 95-83 Pacers (17-10)
Knicks 98-106 Heat (18-10)
Bucks 77-90 Bulls (19-10)
Raptors 84-76 Mavericks (19-11)
Lakers 82-97 Spurs (20-11)
Trail Blazers 77-95 Nuggets (21-11)

Tonight's Match Ups:
Warriors @ Hawks (Warriors)
Cavaliers @ Bobcats (Bobcats)
Pacers @ Wizards (Pacers)
Celtics @ Pistons (Celtics)
Nuggets @ Timberwolves (Nuggets)
Lakers @ Hornets (Hornets)
Nets @ Thunder (Thunder)
Heat @ Rockets (Rockets)
76ers @ Suns (Suns)
Grizzlies @ Kings (Grizzlies)
Jazz @ Clippers (Clippers)
Old 29-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Eastern Conference:
Atlantic Division:
Boston Celtics (1) 24-5
New York Knicks (6) 18-13, 7.0 GB
Philadelphia 76ers 12-19, 13.0 GB
Toronto Raptors 11-20, 14.0 GB
New Jersey Nets 9-22, 16.0 GB

Central Division:
Chicago Bulls (3) 20-10
Indiana Pacers (7) 13-16, 6.5 GB
Milwaukee Bucks (8) 12-18, 8.0 GB
Detroit Pistons 10-21, 10.5 GB
Cleveland Cavaliers 8-23, 12.5 GB

Southeast Division:
Miami Heat (2) 24-9
Orlando Magic (4) 20-12, 3.5 GB
Atlanta Hawks (5) 20-13, 4.0 GB
Charlotte Bobcats 10-19, 12.0 GB
Washington Wizards 7-22, 15.0 GB

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 29-12-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Western Conference:
Northwest Division:
Utah Jazz (3) 21-10
Oklahoma City Thunder (5) 21-11, 0.5 GB
Denver Nuggets (7) 17-13, 3.5 GB
Portland Trail Blazers 16-16, 5.5 GB
Minnesota Timberwolves 8-24, 13.5 GB

Pacific Division:
Los Angeles Lakers (4) 21-10
Phoenix Suns 13-16, 7.0 GB
Golden State Warriors 12-18, 8.5 GB
Los Angeles Clippers 10-22, 11.5 GB
Sacramento Kings 5-23, 14.5 GB

Southwest Division:
San Antonio Spurs (1) 27-4
Dallas Mavericks (2) 24-6, 2.5 GB
New Orleans Hornets (6) 18-13, 9.0 GB
Houston Rockets (8) 15-15, 11.5 GB
Memphis Grizzlies 14-17, 13.0 GB
Old 29-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
ESPN really need to show MORE NBA games. I know people love their College Football but there must be a market for more live NBA games in the UK. 2 Regular Season games being played this year at the O2 between Raptors and Nets on consecutive nights. Things are really moving forward here.

4th March 2011: Raptors @ Nets
5th March 2011: Nets @ Raptors

Trying to persuade the Missus to get me a ticket for my birthday! Really don't care which one I go to... 88 minimum for me, couldn't stand being Upper Tier.
Last time I went to Bobcats, I got 4 lower tier tickets for $100 heh heh. You can get upper for $10 sometimes!

Re: ESPN - I was going to say they share the NBA coverage with quite a few networks over here, but I guess the same could be said of the NFL.
Old 29-12-2010, 11:39 AM
www.theeaglesbeak.com

Lats - a small request here. Stop backing the Mavs as when you do they lose. Thank you
Old 29-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleSE24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bulls flying at the moment. Shame they dropped a game at home to the Clippers. Miami's season will be interesting. Seems they've really found their groove.
Old 29-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Quote:
Lats - a small request here. Stop backing the Mavs as when you do they lose. Thank you
And yet still number 2 in the West! Magic haven't lost since my come back to this thread... Hopefully we can kick on now between now and May. I really hope the Heat come undone. I don't know what it is but I have a real distain for LBJ.

I know he's a great player, possibly the second best ever... BUT there seems to be an attitude that pops up from time to time, especially seen last year in Cleveland that just makes me think shut up you d**k! D-Wade on the other hand I have a lot of time for.

I wonder if the Bobcats will introduce an Alternative Uniform next season as this is the second season of the current uniforms so they are allowed if they wish to have a third jersey from 2011/12. Bring back that Orange!
Old 29-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Picked up NBA Jam for the Xbox 360 yesterday... Oh the memories of my youth! Although the rosters are already slightly out of date. Magic's line up... Howard, Carter, Lewis... Whoops!
Old 29-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

First round of NBA All Star votes have returned these "predicted" line ups thus far for the big one in February...

Eastern All Stars:
PG - Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics)
SG - Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)
SF - LeBron James (Miami Heat)
PF - Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics)
C - Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic)

The only guys who could still come in at this stage by looks of it are Derrick Rose at PG, or Amar'e Stoudemire for PF.

Western All Stars:
PG - Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets)
SG - Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
SF - Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)
PF - Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers)
C - Yao Ming (Houston Rockets)

In the West most positions seem filled but Dirk Nowitzki could still make a push for the PF role.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 29-12-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 29-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Die Nationalmannschaft!

Latest "What ifs?" I've just seen scouring the net... New Jersey Nets hoping they will pick up Melo on Free Agency in 2011, and then CP3 in 2012... Would be huge for them but really can't see it happening.

They've finally started work on the Barclay's Centre in Brooklyn which should open come 2012... Could be big things happening for the New Jersey Nets in 2 years time. I wonder if they will change their name when they move.

Added Note: These are potential names I have just come across from scouring the net...

New York Nets (Already been known as this in the past)
Brooklyn Nets
Brooklyn New Yorkers (Apparently lawyers have already applied for copyrighting on the name and 3 logos for this name).

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 29-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.