Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

View Poll Results: Who is better
St Nigel of Martyn 204 60.00%
Julian Speroni 56 16.47%
John Jackson 80 23.53%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 01:12 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2
Me too.

But Nige was behind that back four of Thorn, Young, Humphrey and Shaw.

He probably had a slightly quieter time!
Not all the time.

Would we have survived in 89/90 without him?

As soon as he and Thorn came in that season we looked reasonably safe
Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM

hoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva

In summary:

Martyn - Less errors.
Speroni - A few errors here and there but lots and lots of 'OMFG, how on earth did he save that?!'

My old man will definitely say Jackson out of the three though.
Yeah there are a lot of those moments with Speroni. I think he has made less mistakes over time (especially since the Everton game) and without him we would have gone down last season and might not still be a club.

I love him and i dont want him to leave!

"If you show enough houses, you learn all the tricks. Every realtor is just a ninja with a blazer. The average burglar breaks in and leaves clues all over the place, but not me. I'm completely clueless."
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jackson for me too just ahead of Nigel. Depends how long you have watched Palace. Julian would be about four or five for me. Yet to prove himself at top level. Jacko and Martyn were two of the best of their era. You can't compare them to Julian.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered Muser

dee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panorama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy
Huddersfield at home. Ronnie Jepson.

The individual who made that save couldn't have been human.

People go on about the Banks save. Yadda yadda yadda.
I still remember the gasp of disbelief from the Holmesdale when Nige pulled that off.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This poll will be influenced by age and time. When talking about great Palace keepers you have to include at least Tony Millington and Bill Glazier, as they to would have been part of some of us wrinklies Palace history. John Burridge also warrants a mention, his fine achievement of only conceeding around 21 goals in 78/79 is hard to beat.

However in my book "Jacko" was the best. In the days when keepers did not wear gloves most days, only if very cold only and then only of a thin cotton variety. Did not hang their towels up in the back of the goal or carry a bottle of sports drink with them. They also did not have the same protection from referees as they do today against some very tough centre forwards and even tougher centre halves!

Jacko was a huge factor in Palace's promotion in 69' -the first keeper ever to save a Keith Weller penalty in that vital 2-0 win at the Den in November 68', what a great day that was for those of us whe went and made it home safe!

During our four seasons in the top flight, while for most of that time he had some good defenders in front of him, not least Big Johnny Mac' and the classy Mel Blyth, we were for much of the time stretched at the back, just lacking that extra quality that would have given us a far less nail biting few seasons in the top league.

Jacko stood firm against some of the best strikers seen in the modern game. Week in week out he pulled out some great saves, one I recall the late great Brian Moore compare to Gordon Banks save against Brazil in the 70 World Cup.

"Stonewall" was such the perfect nickname for him, he was a solid wall in the Palace goal.

I have no doubt that today he would be far and away Englands number 1, but he was held back partly because there were many good keepers around when he was at his best. Also playing for unfashionable Crystal Palace in those days made an England call very difficult.

I have a huge respect for Sir Alf Ramsey, but not taking Jacko to Mexico in 1970, was almost as much a mistake as taking Bobby Charlton off just too early when 2-0 up against those pesky Germans in the 1/4 final.

Bonnetti was a good keeper, but not in Jacko's class. Bonnetti played for fashionable swinging Kings Rd Chelsea and they had just beaten Leed's in an Epic FA Cup final replay. This swung it for Bonnetti and Jacko was even overlooked (I think for West at Everton) as number 3 in the squad.

It was a traversty and had Jacko been on the bench that hot Mexican afternoon, England would have made the final and I think had a great chance of defending the trophy. Jacko would not have let England down, just as he never let Palace down.

Big Mal's biggest mistake when joining Palace was to let Jacko leave. We would not have been relegated in 74 with jacko in the side and Big Mal would have been able to rebuild in div 2 not 3.

Its been said already many times before that "Legend" is far too easily used these days. However in Jacko's case he was a massive legend in the clubs history and in my humble opinion stands as he did over many frustrated strikers - head and shoulders above all other Palace keepers, which for me says it all as in my many years watching the Palace we have been lucky enough to have some very fine goalkeepers.

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Impossible to say. As has been mentioned Nige played behind a much better defensive unit, and you could pass the ball for the keeper to pick up (which Thorn did ad nauseum). It probably was Nige, but IMO Jules has saved us far more points.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In my time it is Nigel then Jules, though my uncle rates Jacko very highly.

Over the course of time we have had some very good keepers suchas Bill Glazier, Matt Clarke, just a shame that he got injured.

As for Jules a very good keeper, but unfortunatly for him he has not played in the top flight enough to have fair comparions with Nige and Jacko.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy
Huddersfield at home. Ronnie Jepson.

The individual who made that save couldn't have been human.

People go on about the Banks save. Yadda yadda yadda.
That was my first ever match

300 odd matches later and Jules is making the same stunning saves as well
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Britains first milllion pound goal keeper, The man with Frying pan hands.

Says it all. And Speroni is a great keeper, as was Matt Clarke.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Paul Hammond

Jacko
Martyn
Speroni

for me
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So have the 18 people who voted for Julian seen all three in the poll.
Being a spoil sport the only people qualified to vote can be the oldies who have seen all three. I doubt many who have seen all three would vote for Julian,
Poll waste of time really.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Crying Plastic

Lambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Martyn for me by a long way although I never saw Jackson play.

"Watford please please please beat this lot"
Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Here's my verdict.
John (Stonewall) Jackson king of the Palace

A mighty man of six feet three
and weighing fourteen stone,
when Palace struggled in the first
John Jackson stood alone.

John (Stonewall Jackson
kept Palace up for years,
why he never got an England cap
is a question for his peers.

He starred in our promotion,
in nineteen sixty- nine
the country's finest keeper,
on or off his line.

Forget about old Banksy,
Shilton,Stepney,Sprake
none of them could match
the saves that he could make.

For years, he was the King,
to the fans who filled Sel-hurst,
as he defied the forwards of the day,
like Chivers,Greaves and Hurst.

Even now at Palace
they still talk of him in awe
as they tell of saves he used to make
from Astle, Best and Law.

Of his penalty save from Weller,
or his dive at Bremner's feet
their was no doubt about it
John Jackson was elite.

With his large green padded jersey,
usually plastered up with mud
he'd dive around his goalmouth
landing with a thud.

Even with the noisy crowds
you'd always hear his call,
as he jumped above the forwards.
screaming "keeper's ball."

'You'll never beat John Jackson,
Jacko is the king"
and "Jackson for England,"
around the ground would ring.

But Ramsey never listened,
to the pleas to cap 'Stonewall'
so England's finest keeper
never got an England call.

Then came a new team manager,
seeking all the fame
Malcolm Allison with his cigars
and glasses of champagne

Within a month he'd succeeded,
in getting us relegated,
and our hero Johnny Jackson,
he publicly berated.

So 'Stonewall' went to Orient,
and to a new team did adapt,
and was still the finest goalie,
who was never capped.

So thanks for all the memories John,
of your feats between the sticks,
now come out of retirement,
and teach Harte and Green some tricks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

©

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© John J O'Connor
Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the years between these players make comparisons difficult if not impossible. The physical battering that a keeper could expect back in Jackson's time would leave many today white at the thought of it. Remember that you could body-check a keeper into the goal as long as it was shoulder to shoulder, go for a ball with their hands on it if was still on the ground, muscle them out of the way when they came for corners. I was a different age.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM

RGR31 is playing for a contract
Jackson kept us in the top flight for years. True legend!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE
Being a spoil sport the only people qualified to vote can be the oldies who have seen all three.
But then again there's the old adage of the memory cheating as well. We all have a habit of seeing older things through rose-tinted glasses.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM

okey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John
Here's my verdict.
John (Stonewall) Jackson king of the Palace

A mighty man of six feet three
and weighing fourteen stone,
when Palace struggled in the first
John Jackson stood alone.

John (Stonewall Jackson
kept Palace up for years,
why he never got an England cap
is a question for his peers.

He starred in our promotion,
in nineteen sixty- nine
the country's finest keeper,
on or off his line.

Forget about old Banksy,
Shilton,Stepney,Sprake
none of them could match
the saves that he could make.

For years, he was the King,
to the fans who filled Sel-hurst,
as he defied the forwards of the day,
like Chivers,Greaves and Hurst.

Even now at Palace
they still talk of him in awe
as they tell of saves he used to make
from Astle, Best and Law.

Of his penalty save from Weller,
or his dive at Bremner's feet
their was no doubt about it
John Jackson was elite.

With his large green padded jersey,
usually plastered up with mud
he'd dive around his goalmouth
landing with a thud.

Even with the noisy crowds
you'd always hear his call,
as he jumped above the forwards.
screaming "keeper's ball."

'You'll never beat John Jackson,
Jacko is the king"
and "Jackson for England,"
around the ground would ring.

But Ramsey never listened,
to the pleas to cap 'Stonewall'
so England's finest keeper
never got an England call.

Then came a new team manager,
seeking all the fame
Malcolm Allison with his cigars
and glasses of champagne

Within a month he'd succeeded,
in getting us relegated,
and our hero Johnny Jackson,
he publicly berated.

So 'Stonewall' went to Orient,
and to a new team did adapt,
and was still the finest goalie,
who was never capped.

So thanks for all the memories John,
of your feats between the sticks,
now come out of retirement,
and teach Harte and Green some tricks.

©

© John J O'Connor
Nicely done.

Everyone talks very highly of him. He must've been a great keeper

Have to go for Martyn though as John Jackson was too early for me too. I remember watching Martyn away at Middlesborough when we won 1-0 and he was simply majestic; as he was in just about every game he played. Consistantly at the top of his game
Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Jackson without a doubt best goalkeeper never to play for England,I guess you had to be there to see him,had his faults let a few in through his legs but all in all a great goalkeeper,one of my all time Palace players.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Fide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm 39 and I have voted Speroni, If one were to divide each players contribution into a percentage of the whole he would be substantially the largest contributor in innumerable games in recent seasons, he has on many occasions been a one man team. Seems a top chap as well.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In my time of supporting Palace Bill Glazier--Jacko took over from Glazier and would have had a long wait to get into the team.

I will not disparage Jacko because he was a heroic keeper in the top league.

Burridge was superb at walking on his hands but was an absolute nightmare on crosses. still a good keeper but not in the same league as Glazier-Martyn-Jackson and Speroni. never rates a mentoin but Roy Bailey was a good keeper for us.