Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned by Moderators

SE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSE19_denizen has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14
Would you like to expand on that?
i find it difficult to see the charm and redemption of somebody who tries to extinguish cigarettes on another person's eyeball. i suppose a burnt cornea has a long memory
Old 03-11-2010, 10:43 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Obviously has a past that will come up here and there but there cannot be any doubting that he is a fantastic footballer. Will be interesting to see if Capello will ever live up to his "picking players who are on form" mentality, as Barton is clearly going to warrant a cap if he continues.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Ok he has a kind of heavy past but feck some of you talk about him like he is the Yorkshire ripper,said this before I'm glad none of you are on a parole board....Good luck to the guy he seems to be trying fecking hard to get on the right track plus a bloody good footballer.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo
I'm sure there was a story that when he was with the England squad after his Lampard/Gerrard out burst he went to chat with Fat Frank at the breakfast table who picked up his plate and walked off.

Apparently, Barton shouted after him, "I wasn't going to pinch your breakfast you fat bastard."

I like him for what its worth.
If true, that's class! Get him back in the England squad to mix things up a bit!

Last edited by gilesy14; 04-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I wish I was as fat as fat Frank......
Old 04-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler
I wish I was as fat as fat Frank......
Yeah I never quite got where that came from. Quite funny though.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Sluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The problem he has now is that 'people' have long memories and being a football player is a short career. He's 28 now and in footballing terms should be pretty much at the peak of his powers. If the aformentioned 'people' can't get over his past by now (admittedly a short time in human terms) then his career is virtually plateau-ed. He could have another 7 or 8 years as a player and this is as good as it'll get for him, which is a shame.

On a more positive note it's always good to see someone recognise that they have a problem and sort it out rather than give in to it. From that point of view perhaps he should be considered a role-model, but not just yet.

The jury is still out, but leaning heavily in his favor.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Give the guy a break. Who hasn't stubbed out a cigar in someones face anyhow?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy
Give the guy a break. Who hasn't stubbed out a cigar in someones face anyhow?
Bill Clinton?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Woah Woah Woah

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Although I believe players who represent their country should be role models, I find myself agreeing with an awful lot of what he says here.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Although I believe players who represent their country should be role models, I find myself agreeing with an awful lot of what he says here.
i agree in most instances but surely punching women in the face is a step too far?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Faaadat!

webbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Can't believe what i've just read on here - Barton has never been a "fantastic footballer". He's always been half decent and thats the best he'll ever be. Someone mentioned "if he had been at the World Cup" blah, blah, blah. Absurd! If he had been allowed to play for england a handful of times, he would have sent off at least once.

He's not a good player; he's a dirty player who has a good dead-ball delivery, sometimes.

On top of all that, Barton's the fat bastard, no one else.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Middle-aged member

Civic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Made some very silly mistakes in his younger days, but didn't we all? He has matured and seems to be making amends - good luck to him.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox
i agree in most instances but surely punching women in the face is a step too far?
Oh totally. But as far as i'm aware, he hasn't yet been found guilty of this. Innocent until proven guilty & all that. However, if he does get done for it, I hope he rots like Marlon King.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbo1990
Can't believe what i've just read on here - Barton has never been a "fantastic footballer". He's always been half decent and thats the best he'll ever be. Someone mentioned "if he had been at the World Cup" blah, blah, blah. Absurd! If he had been allowed to play for england a handful of times, he would have sent off at least once.

He's not a good player; he's a dirty player who has a good dead-ball delivery, sometimes.

On top of all that, Barton's the fat bastard, no one else.
I can only assume you haven't seen Newcastle yet this season? He has been outstanding. As for being a dirty player, he was once. This season - 11 Apps, 3 Yellows, 0 Reds. Hardly the stats for a nasty b@stard is it?

Your post is exactly why I started this thread. I wanted to see if people would give him another chance seeing as it appears he has turned his life around both on & off the pitch. As I say, apart from Carroll, he's been Newcastles stand out player. Or whether people would judge him purely by his past, calling him dirty as you did when from what i've seen he's anything but. To say he's not a good player is pathetic & totally untrue. His talent is there for all to see on a weekly basis at the highest level.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Faaadat!

webbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
I can only assume you haven't seen Newcastle yet this season? He has been outstanding. As for being a dirty player, he was once. This season - 11 Apps, 3 Yellows, 0 Reds. Hardly the stats for a nasty b@stard is it?

Your post is exactly why I started this thread. I wanted to see if people would give him another chance seeing as it appears he has turned his life around both on & off the pitch. As I say, apart from Carroll, he's been Newcastles stand out player. Or whether people would judge him purely by his past, calling him dirty as you did when from what i've seen he's anything but. To say he's not a good player is pathetic & totally untrue. His talent is there for all to see on a weekly basis at the highest level.
Yes, I've seen Newcastle play this season, thanks. If he carries on at that "hardly a nasty bastard" ratio he'll end up with 12 bookings this season - YES that is a dirty bastard!

I'm glad I proved your post worthy, as it would have been pointess if we all agreed with you. My post had nothing to do with not givig him another chance - i didnt mention his off-field actions at all. I just do not think he's that a good player. I'd rather give an England cap to Henderson, Huddlestone or Wilshere, frankly.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Yes, I've seen Newcastle play this season, thanks. If he carries on at that "hardly a nasty bastard" ratio he'll end up with 12 bookings this season - YES that is a dirty bastard!

I'm glad I proved your post worthy, as it would have been pointess if we all agreed with you. My post had nothing to do with not givig him another chance - i didnt mention his off-field actions at all. I just do not think he's that a good player. I'd rather give an England cap to Henderson, Huddlestone or Wilshere, frankly.
Is it?! Ok, in that case - lets compare to the players you have listed.

Wilshere - Apps 7 (2), Yellows 2, Reds 1. By your reckoning = Filthy bastard.

Huddlestone - Apps 8 (1), Yellows 2, Reds 0. Unseen stamp on Elmander 1. By your reckoning = Nasty bastard.

Henderson - Apps 11, Yellows 0, Reds 0. By your reckoning = Angel (i'll give you that one!)

The youngsters you have mentioned may have more natural ability than Barton, that I can't deny. However, don't under-estimate experience which Barton does hold over these boys, & that bit of bite which we need in the middle. I think there is definitely a case for the 3 players you mentioned to be in the England squad, however I think there is an equally strong case for Barton as well.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Faaadat!

Quote:
Is it?! Ok, in that case - lets compare to the players you have listed.

Wilshere - Apps 7 (2), Yellows 2, Reds 1. By your reckoning = Filthy bastard.

Huddlestone - Apps 8 (1), Yellows 2, Reds 0. Unseen stamp on Elmander 1. By your reckoning = Nasty bastard.

Henderson - Apps 11, Yellows 0, Reds 0. By your reckoning = Angel (i'll give you that one!)

The youngsters you have mentioned may have more natural ability than Barton, that I can't deny. However, don't under-estimate experience which Barton does hold over these boys, & that bit of bite which we need in the middle. I think there is definitely a case for the 3 players you mentioned to be in the England squad, however I think there is an equally strong case for Barton as well.
True. Huddlestone got away with that stamp as well, what a scandal that was!

The underlying issue for me, and my overall point, is that i dont rate Barton. Never have done. Each to their own opinions and if he gets back in the England squad then good luck to him. I always considered Nolan a better player, both while he was at Bolton as a central midfielder and at Newc where he's more of an attacker.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
True. Huddlestone got away with that stamp as well, what a scandal that was!

The underlying issue for me, and my overall point, is that i dont rate Barton. Never have done. Each to their own opinions and if he gets back in the England squad then good luck to him. I always considered Nolan a better player, both while he was at Bolton as a central midfielder and at Newc where he's more of an attacker.
Fair enough, I can see i'm not going to change your mind & nor should I so I apologise if i'm coming across like that! Each to their own as you say.

Agree about Nolan, always thought he'd force his way into the England squad & push onto bigger & better things. Guess he still could but time is running it out for him.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been up to his usual tricks tonight