Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 06-12-2017, 01:07 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
GT was tougher n more influential imo
Thomas was a dirty hard bastard but very clever with it.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:19 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can recall Chelsea at Palace in the early 90's, Vinny Jones bigging up the crowd at the start, and then gets a booking 30 seconds in. GT then smashes him first chance he gets and he was a pussy from then on.

Mark Dennis was a nutcase n'all
Old 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think some people seem to struggle to understand the difference between being hard or dirty. Muscat didn't do a lot at Palace but his behaviour at Wolves bordered on criminal and I seem to remember him ending at least one players career? To think that someone saw fit to mention the mercurial Michael Hughes as some kind of enforcer is beyond ridiculous.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:24 PM

Panther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betray
Another from the relatively distant past would be Roy Barry.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:25 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andy Gray - proper hard. Absolutely cemented the alleged tough guy and untouchable Bryan Robson - left Robson squeeling to the ref for the rest of the game. Took out Dennis Wise, got sent off as did Wise, Wise was told to leave the ground and go home not even change as Wimbledon were worried Gray was going to give him a pasting outside the ground. And along with Thomas, even the Fash, Jones, Wise and the others combined wouldn't take Palace on
Old 06-12-2017, 03:59 PM

GanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for youGanbareWashi is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Well it WAS Joe Jordan. And it probably saved him thousands in cosmetic surgery.

Jordan, give us a smile, Jordan, Jordan give us a smile

Oh happy days
Old 06-12-2017, 04:49 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Eric Young was without doubt the most intimidating player we had. Opposition players were scared of him. Always hated that coward Keown for what he did to him. Eric was without doubt my favourite player. He was fearless.

Gareth Davies was a nutter. So funny seeing Jamie Smith shit himself after we scored against Wolves in the play-off semi.

David Hopkin was not to be messed with as I'm sure anyone who saw Lee Bowyer being manhandled by Hoppy against Charlton will testify.

Michael Hughes was a class act who didn't give a toss about reputations and just got stuck in.

Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray were as hard as any midfield ever.

Clint Hill, Claude Davis.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Surprised Steve Kember hasn't been mentioned. I seem to remember he lost two teeth in a match and played on.
Struggling to think of any player in the modern era who would do the same.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Surrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSurrey Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Zaha
Old 06-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle View Post
Zaha
That's actually quite funny
Old 06-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
To think that someone saw fit to mention the mercurial Michael Hughes as some kind of enforcer is beyond ridiculous.
I don't understand this? If by enforcer you mean it in a similar way to hockey where he was almost a designated hardman, I don't think that's massively far from the truth. Don't get me wrong, he was a very good all-round midfielder. But he was pretty scary, especially for his size.

As someone above said, he didn't give a toss about reputation at all.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:18 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think some people seem to struggle to understand the difference between being hard or dirty. Muscat didn't do a lot at Palace but his behaviour at Wolves bordered on criminal and I seem to remember him ending at least one players career? To think that someone saw fit to mention the mercurial Michael Hughes as some kind of enforcer is beyond ridiculous.

I included him on my list, he certainly look after himself and put a tackcle in.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:22 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Another from the relatively distant past would be Roy Barry.
missed him, I believe he broke his leg whilst with us and then was transferred.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:04 PM

EmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Eric Young was without doubt the most intimidating player we had. Opposition players were scared of him. Always hated that coward Keown for what he did to him. Eric was without doubt my favourite player. He was fearless.

Gareth Davies was a nutter. So funny seeing Jamie Smith shit himself after we scored against Wolves in the play-off semi.

David Hopkin was not to be messed with as I'm sure anyone who saw Lee Bowyer being manhandled by Hoppy against Charlton will testify.

Michael Hughes was a class act who didn't give a toss about reputations and just got stuck in.

Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray were as hard as any midfield ever.

Clint Hill, Claude Davis.
I remember Curtis Fleming and Michael Hughes going for a 50/50 when we played Wimbledon. Never backed out, proper hard men
Old 06-12-2017, 09:26 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Well it WAS Joe Jordan. And it probably saved him thousands in cosmetic surgery.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:26 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Thomas was a dirty hard bastard but very clever with it.
Exactly!.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
GT was both
Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Andy Gray - proper hard. Absolutely cemented the alleged tough guy and untouchable Bryan Robson - left Robson squeeling to the ref for the rest of the game. Took out Dennis Wise, got sent off as did Wise, Wise was told to leave the ground and go home not even change as Wimbledon were worried Gray was going to give him a pasting outside the ground. And along with Thomas, even the Fash, Jones, Wise and the others combined wouldn't take Palace on
Indeed and as Jones stated they hated playing us ‘horrible bastards’
Old 06-12-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Ginga View Post
That's actually quite funny
You say that but Wilf can go in the hard category as the amount of fouls he takes is amazing.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:51 PM

palace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalace ash is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
I took my son to a Palace Children's Christmas party whilst Warnock was in charge. As the kids were walking past the players getting signed photos I escorted my lad tot he end of the table where Claude Davis then Clint Hill then Shaun Derry and lastly Neil W were all seated. I had to cheekily ask who would win a fight between Claude and Clint. Both players and Neil pointed at Shaun Derry and as one said "He would!"