Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
It needs one of the major footballing nations to make a stand and withdraw from that World Cup. Imagine if Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain and England (based on heritage rather than ability!) clubbed together and said that they intend to boycott it.

That's the only way I can see FIFA doing anything
I mentioned this some time ago and can really see it happening. I just don't think they've got the balls to do it.

English FA along with the Australian and US, who could be a big player in years to come now that football finally seems to be catching on, need to start the ball rolling. I'm sure at least one of Germany, Spain, Italy or France would be up for it. One of the big South Americans, Brazil or Argentina and that would be that. The rest would just follow and Fifa would more or less be finished.

In fact it'll probably end up like darts with the PDC and BDO bodies and Scotland can then make every World Cup there after with the likes of Luxembourg and Lichtenstein in the BDO version
Old 26-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The French FA will never agree to boycott it. There seems to be a hell of a lot of political pressure on them to keep strong ties with Qatar. However, I could see the players refusing to play ball.
Old 26-09-2013, 05:33 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Been to Qatar twice. Much nicer than I thought to be honest and into their football - but my god it should not be hosting a major sporting event!
Old 26-09-2013, 05:34 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Boycott would be best bet and FIFA would have to act. But cant see it.
Old 26-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Back in the UK

arabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I live in Qatar and winter just makes sense it is about 20C daytime and can go down to 0 outside the cities at night. Summer it is 45C daytime and 35C night. It is just starting to cool down now late Sept and it was 37C according to the car/phone today. I play football outside for 60 minutes at night and it is hot and you drink about 2L of water and I consider myself acclimatised. Visitors from the UK barely do 10 minutes no matter how fit they are.

As for the will it be ready argument the simple answer is yes. They have a limitless budget to make this work. Backed up by 1/5 of the world's gas reserves. Everything will be built and work by 2022. They just employ more workers

As an aside enjoy watching Raul playing for Al Sadd (my local team out here). Think I am the only Palace fan here. Lot of support for us though quite a few round mine for the play-off final.

Hope this is informative.
Old 26-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why is anyone surprised by this? FIFA confirmed its status as a joke when they had an election where the only candidate was that wonky eyed crooked c-unit Blatter. And the national FAs are as bad as FIFA is otherwise they'd simply resign from this pathetic and corrupt organisation.
Old 26-09-2013, 11:07 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Can't see clubs releasing the likes of Gerrard and Lampard mid season
Old 26-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I think if England are still relying on those two in 2022 we wont have to worry about going to the World Cup summer or winter

Old 27-09-2013, 08:29 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So if it did happen in winter would the domestic season take a month long break or would the tournament run concurrent like the Africa Cup of Nations does?
Old 27-09-2013, 08:47 AM
If Carling made bbs'ers..

thehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:

PS3 Online ID: GoldenSquirrel
Old 27-09-2013, 09:07 AM

Nork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
So if it did happen in winter would the domestic season take a month long break or would the tournament run concurrent like the Africa Cup of Nations does?
Keeping the league going without a break might actually do English football a favour. With a large number of foreign players away on international duty, clubs might be forced to use English youngsters who normally wouldn't get anywhere near the first team.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 27-09-2013, 10:40 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork1 View Post
Keeping the league going without a break might actually do English football a favour. With a large number of foreign players away on international duty, clubs might be forced to use English youngsters who normally wouldn't get anywhere near the first team.
The glamour clubs would have a real fight for a top 4 finish too.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Looks like the backlash is starting to gather pace. First the sports minister criticises FIFA this week, ok some will say what's it got o do with him, but I think it's telling that finally a politician has publicly criticised the organisation. Now it's being reported that an independent investigation is being opened in the next couple of weeks into the bidding process and pacts made by the joint bidding process for both the 2018 & 2022 world cups. The results are expected early next year but it will be interesting what damage comes out of the findings.

The article in the Guardian also goes on to explain that ahead of the vote coming shortly as to weather or not to move the World Cup to the winter, the 2 big TV networks Fox and NBC have already voiced their displeasure at moving the World Cup to the winter as it'll clash with the NFL.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 AM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
They wouldn't get a choice. National team competitive games are not for clubs to say yes or no to, only the players could withdraw their inclusion.

Not talking about Lampard or Gerrard clearly, but the likes of Wilshere and Hart would go regardless of how unhappy Arsenal and Man City might be.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews69 View Post
They wouldn't get a choice. National team competitive games are not for clubs to say yes or no to, only the players could withdraw their inclusion.

Not talking about Lampard or Gerrard clearly, but the likes of Wilshere and Hart would go regardless of how unhappy Arsenal and Man City might be.
Depending on whether they develop small niggly calf or groin injuries of course

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
EAGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian eagle View Post

As for the will it be ready argument the simple answer is yes. They have a limitless budget to make this work. Backed up by 1/5 of the world's gas reserves. Everything will be built and work by 2022. They just employ more workers

They have 0 heath and safety too though....
Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Depending on whether they develop small niggly calf or groin injuries of course
Of course. To be honest, don't most premier league injuries happen in December anyway? That's why it's meant to be the toughest month?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Let's be honest, this is about more than 2022. Blatter wanted an annual or at least bi-annual world cup back when he was playing Smithers to Havelange's Monty Burns.

Once the switch from the summer is pushed through there will be nothing stopping FIFA from meddling with the calendar, frequency and number of teams.

When that genie is let out of the bottle there won't be any putting it back in.

Shame that the UEFA and CONMEBOL governing bodies are led by knobs even more corrupt than Blatter. A boycott by the traditional powerhouses - and the subsequent impact on sponsors - is the only thing that can stop this nonsense.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Survival Machine.

Location: In a Brave New World, burning at 451 degrees F in the year 802,701 AD
Dystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDystopian has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
We should all boycott this farce.
I am always mystifed as to how FIFA manages to maintain its grip on football.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Let's be honest, this is about more than 2022. Blatter wanted an annual or at least bi-annual world cup back when he was playing Smithers to Havelange's Monty Burns.

Once the switch from the summer is pushed through there will be nothing stopping FIFA from meddling with the calendar, frequency and number of teams.

When that genie is let out of the bottle there won't be any putting it back in.

Shame that the UEFA and CONMEBOL governing bodies are led by knobs even more corrupt than Blatter. A boycott by the traditional powerhouses - and the subsequent impact on sponsors - is the only thing that can stop this nonsense.

Personally, I think a winter WC is a better idea. It would fall in the point of the season when most players are at their peak. Summer finals are often played in hot conditions that players generally never play in and at the time when players are often exhausted from a long season.