Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
LA Noire - (Rockstar Games)

I think it's time for a thread devoted to this game. Not sure what level of interest people have, but I used to love the point and click adventure games once upon a time and this looks to mix that with modern action games and traditional detective work. Here's the first gameplay video:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's going to be a great game I'm sure... I love the concept and Rockstar have proven time and again that they're able to create rich envrionments that really do suck you in.

If they're able to pull of the new gameplay elements well then it's going to be an all time classic.

I love period games too. RDR obviously got loads of praise and really pulled off the Wild West well. Mafia and Mafia 2 were both awesome at capturing the period and feel brilliantly well and were glorious cinematic experiences but I guess they were a little short on gameplay.

I imagine LA Noire will be a great balance between everything and I'm really looking forward to it.

I bet it has a killer soundtrack too. RDR really showed how much the radio stations added to the GTA games and Mafia 2 pulled off Radio nicely and I'm sure this will too.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Shefki Kuqi fan

ChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Weird, was just about to start a thread on this. Looks the Greatest Game ever In my opinion. If it lives up to what it looks like, I won't be off this game.

Because they're chocolate biscuits.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Looks superb.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Sneering at your shins

CPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsCPFC_flake has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Wow, the facial animations and speech etc are amazing!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 PM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That looks smick. Not really my type of game though......but it just might be too good not to play it.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 PM
over the hills & far away

fooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfooz182 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Wow actually looks really good, i don't play games that much, mainly because everyone switching from pc to console, but i might give this a butchers.
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.”
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rockstar, dull and personality-less gaming experiences - I'll be passing unless it does something different to what has come before.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:31 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Neil... I know you think you do but surely you can't really mean that

Anyways there really isn't enough games set in the 40's.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 AM

Slough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS MurraySlough Eagle FFS Murray
I have to say the facial expressions look amazing, but not a great fan of the Rockstar games.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
If you think about it, Rockstar could have another franchise with this one. Not sure how well it will do (certainly not GTA numbers), but with all the good movies set in this sort of time period LA, why wouldn't this be compelling. If they wanted, I could see a continuous stream of DLC with new cases.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rockstar are brilliant at making a game look amazing only to turnout being the most boring and repetitive experience ever. Once again, I'm sucked in by the action and concept in the video but I know that I'll fork out £40 on it and be bored of it in a week.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Panty Organizer

I probably shouldn't have put Rockstar in the thread title. They are just publishing it, it's being developed by an Australian company that I don't think has ever done a game, actually.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Rockstar, dull and personality-less gaming experiences - I'll be passing unless it does something different to what has come before.
I love Rockstar - they've given me some of my most enjoyable gaming experiences! When it comes to creating the most amazing worlds, I can't think of anyone better.
Old 13-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Okay, that does look a bit good.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-02-2011, 03:17 PM
We're Red and Blue

Youknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty airYouknowitstrue is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Never been a fan of the GTA games, but Red Dead Redemption was brilliant, hope Rockstar make this even better than RDR. The Uncharted games by Naughty Dog are the best of all time IMO.
Old 13-02-2011, 03:18 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's not by the Rockstar team that did GTA or RDR...
Old 13-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen
Looks like it has been subcontracted out to Bondi.

GTA V Q4 2012 though
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it's as good as it could be I'll be getting it.

On a similar vein I really should fire up Heavy Rain
Old 20-02-2011, 04:25 PM

hoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoskingt was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen
I like both those games

"If you show enough houses, you learn all the tricks. Every realtor is just a ninja with a blazer. The average burglar breaks in and leaves clues all over the place, but not me. I'm completely clueless."