Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Norwegian Eagle

Nor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Civilization V

What a game! Knocks out the previous games..

Anyone tried the online version?

Is there a download for more civs?
Old 28-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I love this too, haven't had a chance to do the online version, tbh i have enough trouble playing it on my own!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-02-2011, 07:55 PM

renzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansrenzo is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
great game am loving it
Old 28-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Civilization 3 was the best one ever IMHO. I just didn't like the way Civ IV changed from it. Funnily enough, this game is actually very educational as well as enjoyable.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great Game

Online version is a bot of a disaster tho - crashes all teh time.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
downloaded. will report back
Old 14-03-2011, 01:52 PM
chemical olympics

humpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
downloaded civ 5 from steam at the weekend and i must say its all rather good.

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 14-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Prepare to waste a lot of your time...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 14-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Finally managed to win a game on Prince difficulty
Had to turn diplomatic victories off though.
Old 14-03-2011, 08:08 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
one of the mods I've installed seems to have made things easier somehow, I couldn't beat Prince before I used it - possibly a diplomacy mod, which lets you influence city states by building envoys instead of donating money. I think it's too easy to gains allies now, but I prefer it to the default method. I'll just have to step the difficulty up a notch
Old 16-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Have read that the AI is still pretty poor on the military front (which was always the biggest shortfall in previous versions - given the correct manufacturing capabilites the military solution never failed against the AI)

any comments?
Old 18-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Pure Codology

I'm clearly rubbish at this, haven't had a victory on Prince yet.

What are people's favourite civs and why?

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 18-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Military AI still not perfect though better after recent patch
Old 29-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Pure Codology

Oh Jebus...

Civlization V Gods & Kings DLC has been released and nudges this game into the 'oh dear I'm going to f'k up my real actual life, career, all nascent creative endeavours & familial responsibilities' levels of brilliance.

Have fallen deeply in love with the game again; it's just incredible.

Includes religion and new playable civs. Have been banging it from the opening credits of Newsnight til stupid o'clock in the morning over the last few days.

My Hindu Celts were bumbling around a peaceful utopia, building universities, temples and Wonders, tickling the fairies in the woods -Celts need the woods in the game, keeps 'em in the sweet spot and is useful for cultivating those all important mushrooms- and becoming besties with the city-state of Tyre. Then at about 1am this morning -on my my seventy-third 'one last turn' of the session- that motherfudger, Montezuma, turns up on the outskirts of Dublin with all of his mental Aztecs and feathers and sh't fronting up to take my ends. Proper BC style, old school; headed for borstal after steaming a William Hill. The unmitigated, illiterate, tube.

Having previously spent all our dosh in Poundland on twee Celtic Twilight light-fittings, 'magical' turnips and stupid stuff like schools universities -I was haphazardly and belatedly trying to produce an army to repel the legions at my gates.

Enter TOTAL WAR, eyeball to eyeball:

-Dudes getting fudged up right, left & centre in the jungle
-My tinkers, in the quest to militarise, on the brink of bankruptcy; it turns out that 'magical' turnips are highly flammable and nothing to write home about in the theatre of war...
-Tyre turning out to be no fudging use whatsoever in a knuckle; the arseholes!
-The revelation that my neighbours, the Arabs, the Indians, the Mayans and the Ethiopians, can do all the happy-clappy, Jesus in a pepperpot, Inbetweeners 'friends' bit in diplomacy, but will happily stand by whilst some wild-eyed psycho in a dress is trampling my truffles and waving knives, genitals and God-knows-what at my horrifed locals.

The upshot of this conflagration for me, dear eagles, was ghastly, red-eyed, hopeless desperation, interspersed with waves of -albeit turn based - momentous epiphanies. The sea foam always popped that inevitable question, delivered to myself with raised eyebrows: 'what the fudge is a father of two doing fretting about the fate of imaginary midgets, when he has to get up in four hours and secure the fate of two real ones... Seriously, cop on, what are you doing with your life?'

Then the levee broke.

Montezuma came to the realisation that unless you're Croatian, Spanish, Italian, or are even passably good at kicking an inflatable pig's bladder to someone wearing the same colour as you, then you'll never beat the fudging Irish.

Having entered into his own personal Vietnam War, having been unexpectedly (just) out-loonied in the bushes, with our civilisations on the brink of mutual annihilation, Montezuma sued for peace.

It was smashing.

In order to secure a ten year truce, he gave me all of his Aztec gold. By golly it was a lot. Almost felt sorry for the guy, not quite though. In truth I was immersed in the cool lake of relief, floating on my back, wiggling my toes, betwixt the undisturbed surface and the softening moonlight.

The cherry on the top was that his returning forces infected his populace with our Hinduism, boys oh boys are they doing a bit of soul searching now. As well they might. As well they might.

Managed to drag myself away just as the ten year truce drew to a close. Have spunked an enormous sum of crazy man's gold on more celestial root vegetables and on amassing an army of neds from Edinburgh.

Being a bit wiser now though, I have kept back just enough to install a government and build a giant statue of David Bowie in his capital. Because, my friends, having just reiterated to the largely disinterested world that Montezuma still a right knob, tonight I'm going to paint Tenochtitlan green.

Then I'll get back to the celery until some other clown tries it on...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 29-06-2012, 12:11 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am still in recovery from Civ 2 (and also still have the occassional relapase) so am going nowhere near this one.
Old 29-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle
Oh Jebus...
My favourite post on the BBS for ages...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 29-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
I am still in recovery from Civ 2 (and also still have the occassional relapase) so am going nowhere near this one.
Wisdom beyond your years, amigo, wisdom beyond your years...

The Client I deal with at the moment is from KSA, every time an email pops into my inbox from them today, I see the Arabian name and instantaneously can't help thinking, "where the fudge were you at two thirty this morning, when I needed you, eh? Now you want something from me do ya? Eh?"

Need sleep, but it so isn't going to happen...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 29-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Pure Codology

What's more, in this modern age it's possible for you to play it with you're mates via steam. I've no idea how, I doubt they mean hydraulics, it's probably all this electrickery our American cousins are on about, I've read a lot about it in my periodicals...

Am gently trying to coerce SE1eagle into forsaking his career, loving relationship and good standing in the community, so as to convert him to ways of the Celtic Dharma...

Degeneracy loves company...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 29-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Pure Codology

I've got so much to do, but I just want to ride the Aztecs round like a seaside donkey...

AND I keep nodding off!

(Holy) !

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 29-06-2012, 02:46 PM
chemical olympics

humpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
got the G&K expansion the other day but not had a chance to play it yet. Im gonna play Selassie of Ethiopia and promote rastafarianism and push weed on everyone

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens